Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Would you play a Diablo 2 remaster?

Since blizzard and the community have been interested in remastering older blizzard games as well as the fact that many Diablo fans were disappointed in Diablo 3, Would you play a Diablo 2 remaster or not?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2017-08-15 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I'd happily watch a Diablo movie tho.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I would love to play Diablo 2 remastered. Hopefully they include Lord of Destruction too.

Deleted
    No, only if it would play differently.

D3 gameplay, D2 loot/skill/stat-system. Yes pls!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd stay a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope
    {10char}

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I'd stay a while.
    And I would listen.

I'd definitely try it. If it looked good I would buy it.

I so loved D2 back then, but if it would hold up against modern gaming standards? Well, I would go and find out!

If it's free like the SC remaster...perhaps.

Hopefully their D2 "remaster" isn't how they handled the one for D1, though (referring to that annual event they have, Darkening of Tristam or whatever it's called).

I would love that! D2 is so much more fun than D3 given how itemization and builds are done, I'd also like to play a WoW remastered.

If they updated the gameplay mechanics to the ones they use in D3 (smoother mobility, faster paced fighting, easier looting, more flexible use of skills etc), I would certainly play the shit out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just to check it out. But long term no. I loved D2 when it was new but going back to it now I would rather spend the time in D3 if I am going to be playing something. D2 has things in it that are better than D3 but as a full package they are very similar and I just feel D3 does it better overall. I do like how the skills work more in D2 but at the same time it is insanely cookie cutter. not to say D3 isn't as well but at least in D3 I feel like I can on the fly swap out my entire build and not have to do a whole lot to be effective.

You won't be optimal but you can still do it. Either way. i would love for them to continue this trend of remastering their old games. Builds good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If it's free like the SC remaster...perhaps.
    The Starcraft remaster is $15.

D2's remaster is already in development and will presumably be handled just like SC1's remaster - eg higher resolution assets, support for modern resolutions etc but otherwise unchanged from the base game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play D2Exp Remastered. I'm not very fond of D3 and its interations.

Deleted
    Definitely. With friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Starcraft remaster is $15.

D2's remaster is already in development and will presumably be handled just like SC1's remaster - eg higher resolution assets, support for modern resolutions etc but otherwise unchanged from the base game.
    Is it? Huh. Maybe I'm conflating a forum post somewhere with actual advertisement. That, or simply that's some overly wishful thinking by me, heh, even though I'm not really interested in SC in general (since I'm trash at RTS).

Edit: Actually, I had it conflated with the whole "original SC is free" now via b.net.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-08-15 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I'd stay a while.
    and listen?

I'd check it out for a for the nostalgia, depending on the price. Probabaly wouldn't play long term.

It would have to contend with PoE. I'm not trying to start a game war... I hate those things.... but PoE adds stuff all the time and still only manages to keep my interest for a few months out of the year (a few weeks every few months).

A re-master would take one of those "few weeks" away while I checked it out, but nothing more. If they wanted to make it another living, breathing, evolving thing that they supported for years with changes and ladders and stuff... that would make it a real competition for my time rather than a novelty that wears off.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-08-15 at 11:09 PM.

I would play nothing but a Diablo 2 remaster.

I played D2 every single day for years. Only stopped playing at the point I could not read the text anymore because the resolution got so shitty. No, the resolution mod does not fix it for me.

More than anything Blizzard may or may not be working on- I want it to be Diablo 2: HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Since blizzard and the community have been interested in remastering older blizzard games as well as the fact that many Diablo fans were disappointed in Diablo 3, Would you play a Diablo 2 remaster or not?
    With diablo 3 being absolute dogshit and diablo 2 on average having about the same population, i would 100% play it if resolutions got fixed to match current screen sizes.