Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    and once again they destroy the Core of this Game without giving its Players a CHOICE

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving Mages new animations before other casters .

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No, different Races cast differently still.
    I think they're moving away from this though, more so all classes cast the same, and not race. Monk is probably the biggest example of this, I can't really comment on the DH.

Could someone confirm on the PTR that all these mage/shaman spells look/ don't look the same across all races?

focusing on the important things and not the broken brainless AP grind with gated content

They look super neat.
    Can't wait for them to be super flashy and awesome while I channel my shitty drain soul until we get new warlock animation and stuff.
    (I'm actually happy but eagerly waiting for the warlock spells, lol)

...and imo they failed horrible with them. they looked at everything but not the "feeling". that feel of being fixed and nearly soaked to the target when casting old arcane missiles. the push out feeling of fireball or mind blast. the great lightning wabbering feeling of original ele chain lightning. nothing of it exists anymore. its like polishing things to shiny shine, while loosing their souls and the deeper feeling.

and nothing really new like implement weapons, or side effects to cloth, etc. only changed spells and gestures. either you go for "lets do it all new and great" or you go for "keep what ppl love". but the middle of it destroys what ppl loved without adding really great stuff to the game. totally the wrong (halfassed) way in my oppinion.

horrible. but maybe thats the way it goes.

or its just all marketing shit, they halfassed polished the shit to have something new and call it a day and an improvement. bigger patch, bigger patch notes. yeah.

i dont know...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-16 at 09:28 PM.

Lava Burst is currently bugged on PTR...a big part of the animation is inside the character model...well done!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA and again the endless QQ star again hahahahhaha man ppl just QQ about anything this days.

For the Love of god no ������. Now you have to destroy caster animations to. Can't play melee classes anymore since legion and the new horrible combat animations. Now there's nothing left at all, not even casters. And I feel this will be even worse. With no option of course to use old animations. I played wow since beta. Blizzard go make a new game if you want something new. And leave the old to us veterans who love it as it always was.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    and once again they destroy the Core of this Game without giving its Players a CHOICE
    factual this is the real reason behind the changes. when you play wow for a long time and look at what they done over the years, most of it wasnt for the players, but for the devs. to build up a wow that is easier to maintain and develop. A LOT of things (also a lot of that so called QoL changes) where done with obviously streamlining stuff or make stuff easier and more consistent to handle for the devs. most of the time the stick some "look at the cool things we done for you" at it and ppl are to blind to realize. thats my oppinion. and i read and played A LOT. but many ppl look at it from another point of view. so at the end its all oppinion and taste.

Edit:
    for some strange reason forum quote the wrong thing. its not possible to quote the right one, this here:

I've wanted new and updated caster animations for so long, but I am so so SO disappointed with this. Now every fucking caster is going to be stood around all looking exactly the same in that really goofy pose with their hands up, casting the same way. I hate that my Priest is now going to have to stand around looking stupid with her hands up. I just cannot even comprehend who at Blizzard thought this was a good idea.

If I'm wrong and I'm misunderstanding this then great, I hope that is the case. Bitterly disappointed.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-16 at 09:42 PM.

Hey Blizz, how about like some actual, you know, decent content? Making my shaman's cast animations different isn't enough to get me to resub when there's still nothing new or worthwhile to cast spells at.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggsa View Post
    For the Love of god no ������. Now you have to destroy caster animations to. Can't play melee classes anymore since legion and the new horrible combat animations. Now there's nothing left at all, not even casters. And I feel this will be even worse. With no option of course to use old animations. I played wow since beta. Blizzard go make a new game if you want something new. And leave the old to us veterans who love it as it always was.
    sad but true. if they even had an option for old run animations, models and combat anims. i would pay 100 dollar a month, solely for that options. and i am serious about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA and again the endless QQ star again hahahahhaha man ppl just QQ about anything this days.
    maybe the QQing about things they dont like ? maybe some day, after playing 8 years or so, you really loved this new anims comin with 7.3. and then, in 2025, they change it to somewhat completely different. lets assume you dont like it. are you sure you dont write this into a forum that is used for stuff like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    I wish the idle stance human mages weren't so crouched. The stance looks significantly better on other races.
    All mages have that slouch now it seems. They've all turned into orcs! Not really sure it will look great on other races. Have a feeling it will look odd on a female draenei because their back is arched so far back to begin with. Sort of like how that orc standing up-right for the shaman casting animations feels odd.

Overall though, I'm happy that they didn't force weapons to be incorporated into most casting animations (keeping them to artifact weapon abilities). Something tells me with the variety of shapes and sizes that WoW has for it's weapons, you'd get odd clipping issues, or they'd have the limit the shape of weapons in the future to avoid clipping.

Incorporating weapons into casting would just feel like a low-budget FFIV, tbh. Enough games do that, and WoW's casting has always just been from the caster.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2017-08-16 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygerstorm View Post
    I'm really looking forwards to Warlocks not getting any!
    I'd venture a guess and say it's because warlocks have the most new spells out of the bunch so a lot of the animations are already relatively up to date.

As for things that need to be updated, goblins and worgens are hurting for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    seriously they forced new models on us (Night / Blood elves), new running / combat animations... and is like they gave the whole game to students while challenging them how they can destroy things faster...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred they also include having new spell animations with the caster weapons.

In case I missed that they also were going to do that as well.

Wow, calm down people, animations are good. Much better than the shitty animations since vanilla. Also for the ppl who say that melee animations suck they are retarded. Just fucking quit the game already if nothing pleases you. Blizzard clearly never hits the mark with negative emos like you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Bugs exist in a ptr... shocking
    I don't know man, i have seen stuff like that make it to live...so i don't have that much faith in their ptr cycle anymore.
    On the other hand, the shadow priest ones look great, although power word: shield could use an upgrade as well.

Looks absolutely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by tripjack View Post
    Hey Blizz, how about like some actual, you know, decent content? Making my shaman's cast animations different isn't enough to get me to resub when there's still nothing new or worthwhile to cast spells at.
    And nothing they do will please everyone.
    I have seen comments that for some people their "immersion" when playing their character is strongly affected by casting animations.
    If blizzard did create content that suits your specific whims, it wouldn't suit someone else who would want something else.

Plus a case of different staff doing different things.
    These need not be the same staff involved in everything else you would rather they did instead.

Personally I am not too fussed about casting animations when performance on my system is comparable to a toaster.
    But complaining that other people sometimes get what they want isn't going to do anything but make someone look childish.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-08-16 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.