Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Gamescom Speculation] Diablo "4" Reveal

Have a quick look at Gamescom schedule / Stream stage.

http://gamescom.blizzard.com/en-gb/schedule

If you take a close look, all games are represented but the Diablo franchise on the Stream Stage.
    Then we got this: https://gyazo.com/8566b2c665a039075d45558e27d35bf5

Diablo 4 / Diablo MMO? Or at the very least a Diablo 3 expansion (I personaly find this very unlikely).

Let the speculations and hype fly.. what are your thoughts?

It's on the front page of MMO-C. The only thing going on for D3 is letting people play the Necro, which is either sad or hilarious, can't decide which.

Any really big announcement about Diablo would be at Blizzcon, they have a hard enough time finding things to talk about there as it is.

Gamescom is a bigger event than Blizzcon by all standards, the coverage is bigger and everyone, not just Blizzard fans is following it (never mind it doesn't cost a fucking fortune to get the streams)... From a bussiness standpoint, a major reveal at Gamescom isn't illogical. Announce at Gamescom, show a few things - then have more info on Blizzcon etc - make people actualy bother with Blizzcon :>

But ofcourse, all speculations and we can only wait, but to me it makes sense. And as you say: D3 is really, really sad atm. Any expansion, DLC to that would be like beating a dead horse, just looking at things like Path of Exile updates that are like entire games compared.

have you been drinking water? you appear to be delirious. Blizzard is working on a new diablo title and job postings were just finally filled for it in the last couple of months. It's still in pre-production, meaning it's bare minimum 2 years out from any kind of info.

And knowing Blizzard's timeframe for creating new games, you could easily double that to 4 years before there's even an official acknowledgement of it even being worked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to piss on your fire meyt but you've more chance of seeing Starcraft 3 than Diablo 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    have you been drinking water? you appear to be delirious. Blizzard is working on a new diablo title and job postings were just finally filled for it in the last couple of months. It's still in pre-production, meaning it's bare minimum 2 years out from any kind of info.

And knowing Blizzard's timeframe for creating new games, you could easily double that to 4 years before there's even an official acknowledgement of it even being worked on.
    Disagreeing is fine, but calling others delirious is stretching it abit.
    Anyways, you are wrong in that Diablo postings "just appeared" - there's been posting hinting at it for a long time, in 2016 (even 2015), and even before that.
    Blizzard has changed as company ALOT, and stock holders are probably expecting abit more from Blizzard than the "10 year between each patch" development cycles that we've had. Remember - They are owned by the same people who push out Call of Duty every single year (rotated on 3 studios).

Time will tell :>

- - -

There is no way we are seeing anything close to Starcraft 3 however considering their massive esport focus on Starcraft 2 atm, it would be completely illogical.... but... Warcraft 4? :O Hype!

- - -

Diablo 2 Remastered is also an option, but let's hope not.
    Last edited by uxzuigal; 2017-08-18 at 03:36 PM.

I just want warcraft 4...i can wait 2 more years for diablo 4. Wacraft 4 wait been long enough

Gamescom is bigger sure, but Blizzard would want the press at Blizzcon. If and when D4 or another D3 expansion is announced, my money is on the fact that it's at Blizzcon .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Sorry to piss on your fire meyt but you've more chance of seeing Starcraft 3 than Diablo 4.
    Not really. They are making another Diablo game, while it is almost certain they are not working on SC3.

More likely to be another WoW expansion, or another remaster (maybe D2). I don't think we will see anything about the new Diablo game until next year.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Rhykker seems to think D4 is real. Let's hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ur2IZZ_XbY

It's been a year, or more, Rhykker is hyping Diablo 4 every time he has a spare moment.... You need those Youtube dollars from clickbait videos and go on a long discussion over nothing.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Rhykker seems to think D4 is real. Let's hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ur2IZZ_XbY
    It's not rocket science - it's already official that Blizzard is working on a new Diablo game. The job postings were pretty clear way before that video.

What we need to know is what the game is going to be about and how it will play.

Who needs Diablo when you have PoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 remaster or Warcraft 4 please.

7+ Year Old Account
    would like to see a diablo mmo. wont hold my breath but that would be awesome
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    would like to see a diablo mmo. wont hold my breath but that would be awesome
    MMOs are kinda dead atm - first person fantasy rpg like Skyrim or the Witcher would be better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    When a new Diablo game is not an isometric hac and slash. If anything it looks more like they're moving away from this structure than keeping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I tried PoE and to me it was utter garbage but that's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

New Overwatch cinematic for sure. Then, maybe WoW expansion announcement and just if the gods want, Wacraft 3 HD.