Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Boring Vanilla-inspired PvP Rogue gank video

OPPS I DID IT AGAIN

Okay look as a quick forward to this, if you actually watch the video, I just want you to understand a couple of things. I have been playing WoW since literally early-midish Vanilla (got into it through my best friend of the time, whose father was a massive geek computer guy, who got us both into WoW). When I was playing in Vanilla at the tender age of 13-14, old ass vintage PvP videos (i.e., a shaman running around ganking level 55s in Warsong Gulch or whatever) were my jam. Some of my fondest memories are dicking around, being awful at Rogue and pvping people in places like Gadgetzan or Winterspring or Searing Gorge or Crossroads or Brill or Southshore or wherever.

The best level 60 PvP videos, in my opinion, is Mute's World of Roguecraft series. Looking back on it now as a more adult person, I enjoy what World of Roguecraft did. If you've ever watched them (if you haven't PLEASE look them up and watch them now, they're required footage for any WoW player- start with episode 3, though), you'll know that World of Roguecraft was both a frag video and, at the same time, an anti-frag video. It showed naked Rogue PvP footage while mocking the people who thought naked Rogue ganking was "badass" and "took skill", while taking the piss out of the very concept of 'frag videos' all together. It influenced me a lot, to say the least.

Anyways, with the state of Legion and how Rogues are, fast-paced huge burst Rogue ganks are back in action. Coupled with the fact that PvP world quests force people to flag for pvp more than literally ever before, Legion has been a whole new era of Rogue ganking. I am dead fucking serious when I say that this is the closest the game has felt to Vanilla PvP since Vanilla (for me). Thanks to overpowered legendaries, I am even able to basically do some of the classic "naked Rogue pvp" (or, at least, almost naked Rogue pvp).

I made this video for a few reasons. 1.) It's an actual tribute/love letter to the frag videos of old (I take most of the music right from the World of Roguecraft series, in fact, and there are several references to old PvP videos/old PvPers NAME EM ALL IF YOU CAN...), 2.) It's to preserve this moment in WoW history where Rogues are ganking kings again, 3.) I just did it for the fun of it.

Please understand this is not a video about """skilled""" pvp. I do not kill 2.2k ranked players in high level RBGs. I gank a bunch of randoms who are doing world quests and eventually I take off almost all of my gear and start doing it. In the good chance that the next expansion doesn't have world PvP as classic as Legion does, I want to preserve this footage. Maybe someday, some idiot 14 year old Rogue player can look back at it and say "wow, Rogues used to be cool once".

I'm not trying to look 'badass' or anything in the video. I'm just a Rogue who likes killing Shaman. Please accept me for who I am.

okay that's all thanks dude
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-07-24 at 12:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Promoting your own videos on MMO-C is frowned upon. you'll likely get your thread locked.

Ah, oh well. Apologies, then.

I think this is hilarious. Nice job!

15+ Year Old Account
    No Metallica, no Linkin park. I am shaming you. Also grims videos were the best rogue videos.

Post this on r/wow, people will get a kick out of it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No Metallica, no Linkin park. I am shaming you. Also grims videos were the best rogue videos.
    Grim is classic, but to me, World of Roguecraft is the quintessential WoW oldschool PvP treatise. It's got it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Grim is classic, but to me, World of Roguecraft is the quintessential WoW oldschool PvP treatise. It's got it all.
    Rogue: ''Y'know, rogues got it pretty rough..''
    Warlock: ''ahahahahhaaahhahahahahahhaahahahahahaahahhaahhahaahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahaa... oh shit you're serious?''

Best moment in World of Roguecraft!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Rogue: ''Y'know, rogues got it pretty rough..''
    Warlock: ''ahahahahhaaahhahahahahahhaahahahahahaahahhaahhahaahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahaa... oh shit you're serious?''

Best moment in World of Roguecraft!
    To this day the 'bad pvp video' bit from the end of episode 3 never fails to fucking slay me. The way he walks around Darnassus trying to look like a badass (the Alliance city that was always deserted back in Vanilla), the way he keeps activating Cold Blood with the 'shwing' sound effect, the way he's ganking low levels and playing shitty rap music with almost no PvP, the shitty overediting and flashy text effects. It's so fucking perfectly lampooning of old school videos.

A close second is Drakedog walking in and screaming in a Japanese samurai voice.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2017-08-20 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted

Okay look as a quick forward to this, if you actually watch the video, I just want you to understand a couple of things. I have been playing WoW since literally early-midish Vanilla (got into it through my best friend of the time, whose father was a massive geek computer guy, who got us both into WoW). When I was playing in Vanilla at the tender age of 13-14, old ass vintage PvP videos (i.e., a shaman running around ganking level 55s in Warsong Gulch or whatever) were my jam. Some of my fondest memories are dicking around, being awful at Rogue and pvping people in places like Gadgetzan or Winterspring or Searing Gorge or Crossroads or Brill or Southshore or wherever.

The best level 60 PvP videos, in my opinion, is Mute's World of Roguecraft series. Looking back on it now as a more adult person, I enjoy what World of Roguecraft did. If you've ever watched them (if you haven't PLEASE look them up and watch them now, they're required footage for any WoW player- start with episode 3, though), you'll know that World of Roguecraft was both a frag video and, at the same time, an anti-frag video. It showed naked Rogue PvP footage while mocking the people who thought naked Rogue ganking was "badass" and "took skill", while taking the piss out of the very concept of 'frag videos' all together. It influenced me a lot, to say the least.

Anyways, with the state of Legion and how Rogues are, fast-paced huge burst Rogue ganks are back in action. Coupled with the fact that PvP world quests force people to flag for pvp more than literally ever before, Legion has been a whole new era of Rogue ganking. I am dead fucking serious when I say that this is the closest the game has felt to Vanilla PvP since Vanilla (for me). Thanks to overpowered legendaries, I am even able to basically do some of the classic "naked Rogue pvp" (or, at least, almost naked Rogue pvp).

I made this video for a few reasons. 1.) It's an actual tribute/love letter to the frag videos of old (I take most of the music right from the World of Roguecraft series, in fact, and there are several references to old PvP videos/old PvPers NAME EM ALL IF YOU CAN...), 2.) It's to preserve this moment in WoW history where Rogues are ganking kings again, 3.) I just did it for the fun of it.

Please understand this is not a video about """skilled""" pvp. I do not kill 2.2k ranked players in high level RBGs. I gank a bunch of randoms who are doing world quests and eventually I take off almost all of my gear and start doing it. In the good chance that the next expansion doesn't have world PvP as classic as Legion does, I want to preserve this footage. Maybe someday, some idiot 14 year old Rogue player can look back at it and say "wow, Rogues used to be cool once".

I'm not trying to look 'badass' or anything in the video. I'm just a Rogue who likes killing Shaman. Please accept me for who I am.

okay that's all thanks dude
    Fun vid gj XD

Thank you, Cal87. I love you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Housebroken View Post
    Post this on r/wow, people will get a kick out of it there.
    I actually did post it there, but it got downvoted to oblivion and no one liked it ;_;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    you even added clicking abilities for the vanilla experience, nice!
    Fuck yeah dude. Sometimes I even backpeddled a few steps.

didn't know what to expect when i clicked it, but this was a very entertaining world of roguecraft tribute, made an account to say good job lol.

Fuck yeah dude. Sometimes I even backpeddled a few steps.
    I genuinely hope that and the clicking were intentionally awful, the lack of keybinds on the buttons makes me think otherwise though. I nearly closed the video immediately after seeing you click Vendetta. Lucky I read the comment. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I genuinely hope that and the clicking were intentionally awful, the lack of keybinds on the buttons makes me think otherwise though. I nearly closed the video immediately after seeing you click Vendetta. Lucky I read the comment. >.>
    Nope. I click a lot of abilities because it's just WoW and I don't care that much. It begs the question, though, why do you care so much?

Nope. I click a lot of abilities because it's just WoW and I don't care that much. It begs the question, though, why do you care so much?
    Because it's cringe-inducing watching someone purposefully hurt their own performance, I guess. Nobody wants to watch clicking.

Because it's cringe-inducing watching someone purposefully hurt their own performance, I guess. Nobody wants to watch clicking.
    If you 'cringe' because someone clicks buttons during PvP in World of Warcraft then you have bigger issues than I could probably help you with. Good luck!

a rogue clicking stealth vs ppl questing.

rofl,

If you 'cringe' because someone clicks buttons during PvP in World of Warcraft then you have bigger issues than I could probably help you with. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    a rogue clicking stealth vs ppl questing.

rofl,

Yup. As does the rest of the world, like I said.

Yup. As does the rest of the world, like I said.
    I see the "S"s in your name stand for Shitpost, Shitpost, Shitpost. Wonder what the "O"s and "I"s mean. Hrm.

DansGame A filthy clicker? DansGame

Unliked, unfollowed, unsubbed, unwatched