Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Races" of Titans (possible spoilers)

Hey there.
    Not a very important question, just curious. Titans mainly look like humans, I used to believe they naturally look like this. But now we see Argus, who is a titan and looks more like eredar, yet with feet rather than hooves. This made me wondering - how does Azeroth look?
    And I think she looks like a night elf. Big, titanic night elf. Because - trolls who used her blood likely turned closer to her image. So, all other planets that were eggs of titans, were inhabited by humans, who evolved from monkeys? Or how?
    Furthermore, ancient eredar might have spawned from some goat-like humanoids who made it near Antorus similarly to how trolls evolved?
    Other question here - dwarves. Is Khaz'goroth a "human"-like titan or a "dwarf"-like titan? If so, he created Earthern is his image, and dwarves on planet Khaz'goroth are product of natural evolution?
    Still. planets named Aman'thul, Eonar, Sargeras, Golganneth, Arrgamar and Norgannon are inhabited by humans?
    But the beginning of the circle is not the races, but the titan makes creatures look closer to his\her image.
    So, the question is - why do Titans not look all the same way, but some do (human-like), and others look like different "races" (eredar, elf, dwarf)?
    Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's much more likely that Azeloth looks like a troll, rather than an elf, given the fact that elves are a freak of nature and trolls are one of the oldest (sentient) races on Azeroth.

That said, I have never speculated on their looks beofre..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I'd like to see a curveball and see her in the image of a tauren or troll. As you said, a lot of the titanforged that are now mortal were shaped in the image of their Titans, and the natural beings that Azeroth shaped, however intentionally, were tauren and trolls. Would definitely subvert the trope of "great magical being thats caring for life has the mortal form of an elf" that we've seen so many times. I'd lean towards tauren, seeing as she's essentially their Earthmother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it works how Galactus works in Marvel comics and each race perceives the titans in their own image and comprehension?

Other than that, the titans may be very similar to the Greek/Nordic gods that are humanoid and their creations reflect their image?

Reference:
    https://marswillsendnomore.files.wor...ur-262-009.jpg
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-08-20 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Other than that, the titans may be very similar to the Greek/Nordic gods that are humanoid and their creations reflect their image?
    It's exactly that way with Warcraft's Humans, they are descended from the Vrykul, Titan creations similar to their own image.

On the other hand, I would assume that the Argus model we've seen is an avatar, chosen to reflect or influenced by the Eredar living on Argus. Then again, we would have to assume that all humanoid forms of Titans are avatars, too, and what were they modeled after?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that which came before?

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Hey there.
    Not a very important question, just curious. Titans mainly look like humans, I used to believe they naturally look like this. But now we see Argus, who is a titan and looks more like eredar, yet with feet rather than hooves. This made me wondering - how does Azeroth look?
    And I think she looks like a night elf. Big, titanic night elf. Because - trolls who used her blood likely turned closer to her image. So, all other planets that were eggs of titans, were inhabited by humans, who evolved from monkeys? Or how?
    Furthermore, ancient eredar might have spawned from some goat-like humanoids who made it near Antorus similarly to how trolls evolved?
    Other question here - dwarves. Is Khaz'goroth a "human"-like titan or a "dwarf"-like titan? If so, he created Earthern is his image, and dwarves on planet Khaz'goroth are product of natural evolution?
    Still. planets named Aman'thul, Eonar, Sargeras, Golganneth, Arrgamar and Norgannon are inhabited by humans?
    But the beginning of the circle is not the races, but the titan makes creatures look closer to his\her image.
    So, the question is - why do Titans not look all the same way, but some do (human-like), and others look like different "races" (eredar, elf, dwarf)?
    Any ideas?
    nearly all look the same and for the dark trolls after the well
    they turned to night elf that look a cross between trolls and humans or similar to (titans)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It's much more likely that Azeloth looks like a troll, rather than an elf, given the fact that elves are a freak of nature and trolls are one of the oldest (sentient) races on Azeroth.

all titans look similar to humans even argus
    what happened with the night elf that from the well they good a shape mix of human and trolls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's exactly that way with Warcraft's Humans, they are descended from the Vrykul, Titan creations similar to their own image.

On the other hand, I would assume that the Argus model we've seen is an avatar, chosen to reflect or influenced by the Eredar living on Argus. Then again, we would have to assume that all humanoid forms of Titans are avatars, too, and what were they modeled after?
    argus look more of a human than an eredar only different color
    but his aura and shape of his ears is from corruption I think like what happen to sargeras when he turned to the dark side

Deleted

I don't think it is neither a troll nor an elf. The titans are a well defined race, big humanoids that seem to be half human half vrykul. Argus, Aman'thul, Sargeras, Aggramar, Golganneth, Eonar, Khaz'Goroth, they all share similar bodies, same to the keepers (freya, odyn, loken etc). Trolls are a native race to Azeroth, just like orcs are native to Draenor. I don't think, in the case that Draenor has a world soul, that it would be an orc titan, the same way that Argus is not an eredar titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    all titans look similar to humans even argus
    Argus looks more like Draenei/Eredar than human.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It would have been neat if Aggramar looked kinda Orcish or like an Ogre.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Argus looks more like Draenei/Eredar than human.
    nope he look very similar to the race of the other titans like all titans came from different planets but all from the same race
    no tail no hooves only skin color

they all differ a bit but all look the same as a race

She would just look like a human imo.

Inb4 new horde racial leader of trolls is Azeroth. You heard it from me first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    So, all other planets that were eggs of titans, were inhabited by humans, who evolved from monkeys? Or how?
    I think the answer to that question is, back then, they didn't think about it too much and all Titans looked like giant humans, because that's what they were. Probably inspired by the Titans of Greek mythology. Now they made up new lore around Argus and decided, let's make him look like a Draenei/Eredar. I still like the idea of Azeroth looking like a Night Elf, but I always thought of Elune as that. Maybe Azeroth and Elune are one and the same thing though? Maybe the moon (Elune) is just an avatar of Azeroth, a dream vision, that helped to shape the Night Elves in her image in order to have them help her hatch?

edit: apparently he doesn't even look like the Eredar, oh well
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-08-20 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I think the answer to that question is, back then, they didn't think about it too much and all Titans looked like giant humans, because that's what they were. Probably inspired by the Titans of Greek mythology. Now they made up new lore around Argus and decided, let's make him look like a Draenei/Eredar. I still like the idea of Azeroth looking like a Night Elf, but I always thought of Elune as that. Maybe Azeroth and Elune are one and the same thing though? Maybe the moon (Elune) is just an avatar of Azeroth, a dream vision, that helped to shape the Night Elves in her image in order to have them help her hatch?
    Argus doesn't look like an Eredar, he has no hooves, no tail etc.

Also Azeroth is pretty much confirmed now to be a different entity than elune, since the titan construct address her as Azeroth during her scenario. Not to mention elune seems to be as old if not older than the cosmos itself has a connection to the naaru and wouldn't need a new speaker, since tyrande is already elune's chosen champion on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Argus doesn't look like an Eredar, he has no hooves, no tail etc.

Also Azeroth is pretty much confirmed now to be a different entity than elune, since the titan construct address her as Azeroth during her scenario. Not to mention elune seems to be as old if not older than the cosmos itself has a connection to the naaru and wouldn't need a new speaker, since tyrande is already elune's chosen champion on Azeroth.
    Yeah I edted that part, just took the person by his word.

As far as Azeroth and Elune go, I guess you are right.

Female elf archer with hots for a human.

That's my guess.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Female elf archer with hots for a human.

That's my guess.
    Truly blizzard's greatest gift to shitty fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the trolls evolved, the goblins were created so why would they have representatives? Why would elves who evolved from trolls have avatars?

7+ Year Old Account
    Titans mainly look like humans
    they dont.

humans mainly look like titans.

Formerly known as Arafal