Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Nice reading skills mate.
    Paladins are lawful. If you are a 1930s German, then I guess it means to you that they're good. Not necessarily to anyone else.
    Still getting a returning smirk at that R you pulled out of your lower orifice to give a wrong answer to a point that hasn't been made.
    Nice comprehension skills you nincompoop.
    Paladins are lawful good first and foremost - being evil was invented just a short time later to allow more freedom.
    any other points you are trying to create artificially are a complete detraction and waste of time.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-21 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    "starting paladins are good" - what were you even trying to write here?
    That post you quoted quite clearly says "stating" not "starting".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    That post you quoted quite clearly says "stating" not "starting".
    Lol ok that's my mistake xd

Mage's pyroblast is definitely very good. So is their Glacial Spike.

This is a very pointless thread, as it's about 90% opinion. I see mage as dark and evil. What's more evil than turning someone into a sheep?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Think about it... DK, DH, Rogue, Warlock, Shadow Priest - they're all rooted in deep darkness - fel / legion, scourge / undead and void.

There's plenty currently to balance this out too, almost to where the 'good' classes are counterpoint to the evil - Paladin, Druid, Monk, Mage and I suppose Holy/Disc Priest.

So what's left? Warrior, Hunter, Shaman are all left somewhere in the middle - notably all much more strongly identified with horde than ally.

What would fill the void? Would it be good to have something down to earth rather than yet another super nautral?

There are no EVIL nor GOOD class in WOW, only good/evil people.

Mages are quite neutral!

Deleted
    Let's breakdown just in case somebody can't understand.

Warrior - GOOD : Varian/Broxigar - EVIL : Garrosh
    Druid - GOOD : Malfurion/Xarantaur - EVIL : Fandral Staghelm
    Shaman - GOOD : Thrall - EVIL : Magatha Grimtotem
    Mage - GOOD : Ronin/Khadgar/Jaina (early) - EVIL : Kael'thas (and maybe any garbage Sunreaver in Dalaran that deserved to be put down like an animal)
    Priest - GOOD : Alonsus/Anduin/Velen/Natalie Seline - EVIL : Arcbishop Benedictus/Any Scarlet Priest
    Paladin - GOOD : Uther/Tirion - EVIL : Any Paladin from Scarlet Crusade AKA Zealot
    Warlock - GOOD : Fizzlebang/Meryl Felstorm - EVIL : Gul'dan

DK/DH/Rogue are basically Byronic Heroes, they do what it must be done.
    Last edited by mmoc61c8e925d2; 2017-08-21 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Mages are not 'good', they're are examples of good and bad mages, highborne mages where the first people to summon demons to Azeroth.

You can't shove priests in both good and bad classes. They're the same class.

Paladins and Monks both operate within the Scarlet Crusade. A group of genecidal religious Zealots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Mages are not 'good', they're are examples of good and bad mages, highborne mages where the first people to summon demons to Azeroth.

You can't shove priests in both good and bad classes. They're the same class.

Paladins and Monks both operate within the Scarlet Crusade. A group of genecidal religious Zealots.
    Infact i put Seline in GOOD priest and she is the leader of the Forgotten Shadows...so....meanwhile Benedictus....

Scarlet Monks aren't "Monk" like we know after MOP infact Scarlet Monk were removed within MOP

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Technically speaking, it's the other way around; Paladins are Anti-Death Knights, as Paladins were crated solely to counter Death Knights.
    Where is this quoted in Warcraft lore? Paladins existed prior to Death Knights so I'm not sure how this could be true, and according to lore their creation had nothing to do with Death Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters are pretty neutral. I'd say DK's are neutral also. Leaning towards evil.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I see mage as dark and evil. What's more evil than turning someone into a sheep?
    Eating them afterwords? xD

But to get back on topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Think about it... DK, DH, Rogue, Warlock, Shadow Priest - they're all rooted in deep darkness - fel / legion, scourge / undead and void.

There's plenty currently to balance this out too, almost to where the 'good' classes are counterpoint to the evil - Paladin, Druid, Monk, Mage and I suppose Holy/Disc Priest.

So what's left? Warrior, Hunter, Shaman are all left somewhere in the middle - notably all much more strongly identified with horde than ally.

What would fill the void? Would it be good to have something down to earth rather than yet another super nautral?

I'll grant that DK, DH, and Shadow Priest are channeling and using powers directly from the Fel and/or Demonic powers that are well within the dfinition of "evil". But rogue? Rogues are just people who don't play by the rules and laws of society. They're not inherently "evil". In fact, in many cases rogues are portrayed as good-guys.

Paladins and Holy priests are the opposite number of DKs and Shadow Priests, channeling the power of "The light", which is definitely "Good" within the Warcraft universe. But Druids are all about balance and nature, neither of which are inherently good unless you expand the definition to include equilibrium of natural forces. Monks are, in many ways, the same. They seek balance and calm, mastery over their thoughts and bodies, but are not inherently good or evil in that regard unless you want to include emotional and physical states such as healthy = good, diseased/weak = evil.

Mages and Disc Priests both appear to use their power for whatever ends they choose. Again, not inherently evil or good.

Warriors and hunters are just people, including the entire range of motivations, and can not be defined with any stereotype of good or evil.

Shaman are very similar to Druids, in regards to maintaining the equalibrium of the elemental forces and spirit realms. Although they probably have a LOT more leeway, as we see with Goblin shaman and dark shaman. I'd say that ultimately shaman are closer to Mages in this regard, and once again can not be classified as "good" or "evil".

All in all I think you're probably making too many assumptions about what each class is, probably based on the major characters that act in those roles. Khadgar is a clearly a mage, and is definitely one of the good guys. But that doesn't mean that ALL mages are good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    Infact i put Seline in GOOD priest and she is the leader of the Forgotten Shadows...so....meanwhile Benedictus....

Scarlet Monks aren't "Monk" like we know after MOP infact Scarlet Monk were removed within MOP
    I literally never mentioned Seline? So ok she's good? Great. I was talking about OP putting different specs in his good and evil classes. Shadow priest in evil and the others in good. Doesn't make sense when his talking about classes and not specs.

Boss description of Brother Korloff (still in game)

Brother Korloff first learned of the monk's deadly arts from pandaren ambassadors as they journeyed through Azeroth. When the crusader demonstrated this martial style to his superiors, they unanimously ordered Korloff to train an entire generation of initiates in the ways of the monk.

Character alignment is a stupid metric to measure classes by - every class had both good and evil representatives.

Type of magic that's being used by classes is a more objective metric - there you actually have a more straightforward divide :

Evil/dark magic - DK, Aff/Demo Warlock, Shadow Priest. DH/Destro lock too potentially - depending on how you see "fel".
    Good magic - Holy priest, paladins.

Neutral - everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I literally never mentioned Seline? So ok she's good? Great. I was talking about OP putting different specs in his good and evil classes. Shadow priest in evil and the others in good. Doesn't make sense when his talking about classes and not specs.

Boss description of Brother Korloff (still in game)

Brother Korloff first learned of the monk's deadly arts from pandaren ambassadors as they journeyed through Azeroth. When the crusader demonstrated this martial style to his superiors, they unanimously ordered Korloff to train an entire generation of initiates in the ways of the monk.
    Ah ok glad we had the same thought.

Brother Korloff was added with mop as boss and he is the only plausible monk in scarlet crusade faction, meanwhile the old scarlet monks trash pack were removed with mop due to inconsistency.

Btw this is just a confirmation that CLASSES are neutral BUT people not.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    rogues are actually more evil than warlocks. rogues and priests deal in the only truly evil power in wow, void magic.

fel can influence you into chaotic behavior, but it's still just a tool like arcane. void has an actual sentience behind it, and it is all consuming.

tinkers would be a good neutral class. pure technology, no need for magic.
    Warlocks don't use shadow magic?