Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Razer overrated.

Anyone else feel this way? I've gone through 5 different Razer mice, every single one of them brand new, within months they all have clicking problems. Release clicking, double clicking, not clicking. Every single time.

I got the mice for free, Razer is excellent at returning your product and sending you a new one but jesus it is not worth it. Anyone know of a company that has actual reliable working mice cause this is just stupid at this point.

I will say though, that with the first couple months (if it works that long) the mice is fantastic.

I've really enjoyed the razer products that i've had despite the mice breaking VERY frequently. I'm pretty sure that you can consider logitech to be the main competition for them.

Deleted
    I ditched my Naga for a Reddragon one for a third of the price and have never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Naga is about to turn 7 years old and has survived excessive WoW, Diablo 3 and SC2 play throughout those years.
    And my Orbweaver is about to turn 1 year old and even survived a full glass of coke, followed by tearing it open and cleaning it.

Razer quality had gone down tremendously in the second half of 2013. Basically everything that has been made since is absolutely useless.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Everything razer i had have malfunctioned in a year or two(deathadder/mamba/naga 2014/black widow keyboard). The only product i was happy is Copperhead mouse.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Logitech sidewinder is still holding up well after nearly decade... Razer has always been overpriced garbo imo. Was gifted one of their headsets for a bday and it broke a month after the warranty expired. Uncanny like it was planned - the speakers just quit. So much expensive garbage consumer electronics floating around these days. Watch out.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

My razer naga lasted 3 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer is notorious for awful QA, and that's been the case since forever, just about. People either get a great unit that lasts forever, or have used multiple units and each one was a trashcan. There's no middle ground usually. I think it's due to several manufacturing locations.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

My first Naga lasted for a few months, then started to fail. They replaced it pretty pain free, and that Naga lasted for about 2 years. I probably wont buy a gaming mouse again though because I don't need one and am quite happy with cheap mice.
    RETH

My new naga chroma broke after year using it - LMB broke which would means it is cheap plastic now. I'm currently using steelseries rival 100 - mouse is really good for money. I also had 2.1 speakers from razer which broke after a few years, and I still have blackwidow chroma stealth which still works (! amazing). Also my sister still have deathadder which was abused a lot over years and it still works, so I guess you can just have bad luck and your unit will be faulty sooner than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They're pretty overrated. Sure you could end up getting lucky and the mouse you buy will live to see a year, but why is that ever considered reasonable? People defend them by saying their Razer product isn't defective, but that doesn't do anything to address the fact that it isn't uncommon to get a bad product from Razer. For the prices they charge they don't deserve to get away with how hit or miss their products are.

The Naga doesn't deserve to be recommended over competing products at this point. It's notorious for having issues and that's not excusable. It's in the same price range as the Corsair Scimitar and there's no way I'd ever recommend a Naga over a Scimitar.
    The problem is, other competing products all have the same issues, they're just far less popular. The logitech and Corsair variants of the Naga (i.e thumb-grid mice) ALL have people posting about double-click issues. On the topic of build quality... It seems to be the same with any device, or... anything really these days. Mobiles are made to last 1-3 years at most so you upgrade (battery life is fucked especially), and hell even the likes of house appliances or even boilers are nothing like they used to be.

For me, the Naga is comfortable and I use it so much that either I get a replacement under warranty OR I get my money's worth with multiple years worth of daily heavy use.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-08-20 at 08:55 PM.

Razer is the Apple of peripherals, they were fine before they got all famous, after that they figured out what everyone else figures out.

People are dumb and will buy anything with good marketing, so they started making crap.

Their mice were amazing before 2010, after 2010 they simply break down in less than 2 years, keyboards are the same although things improved after 2014 since people figured out and the rumor got out at how shit the BlackWidow was, hence "new version".

Their headsets dont seem to be that bad though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a naga hex. I like it enough that i bought another one for when this one inevitably shits the bed. Other than that i probably wouldnt get their stuff but who knows.

friend had razer mice (diff models) and the wheel broke within a month on every one.. i have a naga chroma and its been fine for over a year.

overrated? probably not - they would be out of business if a vast majority of their shit broke instantly. overhyped? yeah, but that is what marketing is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Razer is notorious for awful QA, and that's been the case since forever, just about. People either get a great unit that lasts forever, or have used multiple units and each one was a trashcan. There's no middle ground usually. I think it's due to several manufacturing locations.
    Yup, went through three Naga mice from 2010-2012 and a shitty headset of theirs and gave up on the company forever after that. Got a Logitech G600 that just died on me two months ago and lasted 5+ years and replaced it with a Corsair Scimitar (which I like better as its a slightly smaller mouse and I like the side buttons more).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Anyone else feel this way? I've gone through 5 different Razer mice, every single one of them brand new, within months they all have clicking problems. Release clicking, double clicking, not clicking. Every single time.

I got the mice for free, Razer is excellent at returning your product and sending you a new one but jesus it is not worth it. Anyone know of a company that has actual reliable working mice cause this is just stupid at this point.

I will say though, that with the first couple months (if it works that long) the mice is fantastic.
    Not sure what YOU are doing to your mice that they break so easily. I have a multiple Razer Deathadder Elites that have been nothing but awesome. I think my oldest Razer mouse in the household that is still in use is almost 7 years old with no issues.

If you are having those issues buy your mice from best buy and just add the replacement plan, they will just swap them out. If its in the first year the cost of your plan gets refunded as well so you are not out that money. Id be willing to bet you have issues no matter what brand you go to.

From personal experience, Razer is the best product I've bought. My Razer Naga has lasted me since February/March 2014 to now with no sign of wear and tear. When it does eventually break, I will be buying another without hesitation. Meanwhile, I dont have much experience with the rest of their product line, but due to my exceptionally pleasant experience with my Razer Naga I plan on giving their mechanical keyboards and other things(outside of headsets) a go.

I've had the same one for going on my 5th year.

And I spend waaaaay more time playing games per day than most.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I am vehemently opposed to Razer and hate just about everything about them and have heard a million and a half stories about their products being crap. One girl showed me on Skype how her Naga had rattling noises in it, and she babied the thing.

However... my old Death Adder from January 2009~ STILL works wonderfully TO THIS DAY. Oddly enough, it's one of my longest-lasting electronics with no issues.

Corsair? Now there's a brand I've come to despise more than Razer and it's funny, because I really held Corsair in HIGH regard only a few years ago.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water