Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They work okay in general, designs are great(but no longer innovative) their build quality is as cheap as it gets, and I fully expect anything from them to fall apart in a year or two.

My old molten razer naga was my fav mouse from cata onward, but during WoD early tier, the weight inside broke loose and I had to dissassemble and found out the weight was held by just cheap plastic. It lasted for several years.

I've moved over to logitech, corsair, or plantronics for most gaming needs now.

Also, I didn't like their "always online" software array.

If they took some of the money from packaging and raised manufacturing standards, their stuff would be a lot longer lasting at least. Feels like lowest bidder build quality.

I wouldn't mind using a razer again, buy my last wireless naga chroma had issues where it would go dead after 20 seconds of non-movement and have to be "primed" by moving it a bit. Razer was no help on that one. I got the wired naga and it was okay, but in the end I didn't like the design because the keys were flat(unlike on my molten) and the logitech keys were canted so you could tell each on by feel, so I went that direction. It also was bigger and fit my hand a little better.

I have one of those cheap mice, red rose or whatever, mentioned in this this thread. Its hefty and works okay, but nothing stand out about it but the price. So far, the logitech mmo mouse has been my fav. I also love the logitech fps mouse, for overwatch. The clutch button and the layout are better. I feel that buttons being able to be told by "feel" is optimal, which is one major advantage of logitech currently, imho.

The logitech software has some issues, honestly, but it still works okay. The g910 mechanical keyboard has definitely been my fav ever. They also had the "best" wireless headset for under 100 bucks for a while, I think it was the g930. I no longer use it, since I'm back to high end wired, but I wore out several oem rechargable batteries in that rig and never had a problem until I got sick of wireless headsets.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-08-21 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I really wish people would use the search function sometimes. This topic comes up over and over and over and it's always the same. You have people say it's the greatest thing ever and you have people say it's trash. The truth is likely in the middle. They are average mice and depending on you and how you use it it will either last for a while or break quickly.
    It has nothing to do with how you use it when it breaks within weeks searching which Netflix video I'd like to watch each day.

Razer products are real life's equivalent to gold sinks in WoW. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried a Razer Naga once, hand proved too big, so was hitting multiple buttons. Been a firm user of a 5 button mouse from Logitech. (M500).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mainly using Razer stuff and never had an issue, the build quality is fine and everything is solid. My only complaint is that without internet connection their app does not launch and all your settings and macros are there, which is shit for when you don't have internet for some reason.

I use Naga for about 3 years now and it's working fine.

My mouse before that was/is Logitech G5 that I bought almost 10 years ago now and the thing still works ok, I use it at work, I noticed only very recently that right click acts up sometimes, but hell 10 years... that's some long time there, old buddy.

I will second the Havit. The one I'm using now has been in service for two years now without a problem. My one experience with a Razer product (keyboard) has turned me off of the brand forever when it died within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I've really enjoyed the razer products that i've had despite the mice breaking VERY frequently. I'm pretty sure that you can consider logitech to be the main competition for them.
    This! Nothing fits my hand as well as a Deathadder. The side buttons are what break on me over time. I use the side buttons to turn, and where the side buttons are located are key for me. My next one will be from Razor simply to speed up the exchange. I usually get around 8 months before the plastic breaks inside one of the side buttons, and rarely a mouse wheel problem.

I play a warrior, it was fun finding out the other day on Sco's stream it's what he is using even as he has other MMO and Razor mice.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2017-09-13 at 03:02 PM.

I don't think they are overrated, everyone is aware that Razer products have a reputation for bad reliability, there are forum threads and videos about it quite often and they have taken a lot of flak for it. The designs themselves are great, the mice at least are awesome when they work.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

About time I got myself a new keyboard and mouse... currently using a Logitech G11 keyboard and G5 mouse. Done me well since 2011... but they're completely worn out now.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-13 at 03:30 PM.

Since I started PC gaming in 2004 I've had 4 mice, three of which were Razers. Never had an issue and will continue to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    My Naga is about to turn 7 years old and has survived excessive WoW, Diablo 3 and SC2 play throughout those years.
    And my Orbweaver is about to turn 1 year old and even survived a full glass of coke, followed by tearing it open and cleaning it.
    Mine's six years old and running like new.

Not rage-banging things helps with longevity.

I'd say the Logitech MX518 was the best mouse I've ever owned:
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Perf.../dp/B0007Z1M50

Using a Razer Deathadder Chroma now.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2017-09-13 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    The Naga is the best designed MMO Mouse. Shame about the build quality. The prices also keep increasing...

I am testing a Roccat Nyth right now and will post my review later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    The Naga is the best designed MMO Mouse. Shame about the build quality. The prices also keep increasing...

I am testing a Roccat Nyth right now and will post my review later.
    Redragon Perdition would like to have a word with you.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Redragon Perdition would like to have a word with you.
    All that for only $35? What's the catch?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    None that I've seen. I always recommend these to people who want something like the Naga, or to replace a broken Naga (imagine that), and they tell me they like it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No brand markup and selling close to cost price. All of those inevitably get more expensive when they become more popular.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    No brand markup and selling close to cost price. All of those inevitably get more expensive when they become more popular.
    Amazon reviews show lots of quality issues, especially with scrolling and main buttons. Seems to start having issues several months in.

Unreliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer used to be great, but their quality control in recent years has been terrible. I've owned 5 razer mice, a keyboard and 2 headsets and only 2 of those items do I not regret buying (the first mouse and the 2nd headset because it was on clearance and has worked great so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Amazon reviews show lots of quality issues, especially with scrolling and main buttons. Seems to start having issues several months in.

Unreliable.
    If you want reliable you'd have to pay $100 and more.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B