Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    domes are really cool, but...
    since mars has no atmosphere and magnetic field, wouldnt it be a lot safer to just build underground?
    to be safe from both, debree and radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    since mars has no atmosphere and magnetic field, wouldnt it be a lot safer to just build underground?
    It absolutely would be safer. But the devs have said that they made the concious decision to have domes since it's cooler for a video game.

Rule of Cool as they say.

I'm a little late to the party but hope this won't be a necro since the game is still quite new.

At about 80 hours in, being in my 4th or 5th playthrough i have to admit that i really like this game. It's way better than Banished. I missed out on the problems it had at launch and it's not quite perfect, but i really like it. Steep learning curve? Yes. Challenging? Yes. Are there mistakes that could ruin your playthrough? Yes. But there's also a lot of possibilities to adjust the difficulty to your liking. Several mysteries, randomised research and differing starting conditions keep it interesting.

I also liked Tropico 4 and 5 (though i think 4 was better), and Haemimont games didn't fail me on this title either. Support them! I'm looking forward to the two announced xpacs.

P.S: Combining "wildfire" with "the last ark" might not have been my smartest decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Safer? for sure. Also a lot harder and way more expensive. Plus it would come with a lot of display problems, having to place tiny structures underground. It was a reasonable decision to use domes. It's not very realistic in that aspect, but for gameplay reasons it's apt.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-07-27 at 12:00 PM.