Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Because maybe he hates downtime and may love something spammy as shit? I sure do love that too. That's why i cant stand assassination.

    Well, imo, dont remove the combo points, but remove the energy cost from our finishers instead. Monks gave the field testing of the "combo points" on the character instead of the target. now the only thing blizz could do is to follow the trend and remove the ernergy cost from our finishers

    Pls Blizz? <3
    That's like using pistol shot instead of saber slash, it uses less energy so he can spam more. Eh, i guess to each their own.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    My point is ever since the start of WoW all 3 Rogue specs have been: Builder*n > Finishing Move > Builder*n > Finishing Move. Even Mage is more complex.
    Is that a serious post? Do you want to imply that builder>finisher>repeat is all that there is to rogues?

    Hey, all a mage ever does is casting a spell. Sounds even more dumb than builder> finisher. Mage must be the stupidedest class ever!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I disagree that Outlaw should be a ranged spec, because I feel that the swashbuckling, bandit class fantasy works best as a cutlass swinging pistol blasting melee brawler.

    However I do agree that Rogue could use a ranged spec.

    Were it up to me I would turn either Assassination into a ranged spec, firing arrows, bolts, and bullets coated in poisons, and throwing knives covered in deadly toxins at vital organs, and key points in enemy anatomy, or Subtlety, disappearing into the shadows, only to reappear and barrage enemies from different angles with illusions, and deadly hails of black arrows.
    lets not fuck subetly anymore, legion sub is one of the worst changes to an entire specc (honorable mentions: demo lock).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Obviously there would be more than just simply removing combo points.
    My point is ever since the start of WoW all 3 Rogue specs have been: Builder*n > Finishing Move > Builder*n > Finishing Move. Even Mage is more complex.
    no, mage is not more complex.

  4. #24
    They've always talked about how much they like combo points/energy. I don't think they would ever mess with it.

  5. #25
    Combo Points are foundation to the rogue class, I highly doubt they'll be removed. Especially since anything they didn't particularly care for (Original soulshards) has already been scrapped.

    I would be really interested in seeing a spec that has to build up some really strong ability over the course of a fight, not just building stacks like Tiger Eye Brew in MoP/WoD. Similar to how Limit Breaks in Final Fantasy work, or in simpler terms, Overwatch Ultimates. How you regenerate some abilities these days comes close like Shadow Dance but you also just build charges, it's not something you need to build up during that fight, you basically start with it then maintain its uptime. Maybe some of them can be states like Void Form. Probably really unhealthy for game balance though at which point I'd ask they abstain from it given their track record of good ideas going horribly wrong.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Why would you purposefully gimp yourself though?
    Yeah I may be gimped but I somehow compete with others /shrug.

    It's like ferals all using the same build because its "best" according to sims and complaining because its too hard to get good parses due to the playstyle of that build. When, if they used a more simplistic playstyle, even though it has a lower DPS ceiling theoretically, they can easy maintain high purple and low orange parses.

    I get so much crap for running Frenzy Warrior, Sabertooth Feral and SnD Outlaw yet I never parse below purple and often in orange. And it's more enjoyable

  7. #27
    Mechagnome Stabbywabby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Yeah I may be gimped but I somehow compete with others /shrug.

    It's like ferals all using the same build because its "best" according to sims and complaining because its too hard to get good parses due to the playstyle of that build. When, if they used a more simplistic playstyle, even though it has a lower DPS ceiling theoretically, they can easy maintain high purple and low orange parses.

    I get so much crap for running Frenzy Warrior, Sabertooth Feral and SnD Outlaw yet I never parse below purple and often in orange. And it's more enjoyable
    Running those talents doesnt mean you lose thousands of dps though, its just not "the" best talent pick. SnD Outlaw is cropping up more and more on the logs and come t21 it will most likely be the go to choice due to how the set works.

    If you have logs with those talents taken and you get orange parses, then I don't see how its a problem. Do guilds expect everyone to be getting the beige parse?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Yeah I may be gimped but I somehow compete with others /shrug.

    It's like ferals all using the same build because its "best" according to sims and complaining because its too hard to get good parses due to the playstyle of that build. When, if they used a more simplistic playstyle, even though it has a lower DPS ceiling theoretically, they can easy maintain high purple and low orange parses.

    I get so much crap for running Frenzy Warrior, Sabertooth Feral and SnD Outlaw yet I never parse below purple and often in orange. And it's more enjoyable
    I wasn't giving you crap for SnD i was giving you crap for using Vigor as an Outlaw. Even your reasoning for using Vigor i don't really understand. It doesn't affect your energy regeneration to any real noticeable degree, not like using SnD does.

    SnD > RtB since Blizzard killed it in 7.2.5 with the nerfs.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    I wasn't giving you crap for SnD i was giving you crap for using Vigor as an Outlaw. Even your reasoning for using Vigor i don't really understand. It doesn't affect your energy regeneration to any real noticeable degree, not like using SnD does.

    SnD > RtB since Blizzard killed it in 7.2.5 with the nerfs.
    Yeah vigor isn't as good but I do enjoy it more. I do "feel" the energy regen and the increased energy bar helps to keep from capping during AR and the SnD buff after AR falls off.

    I think I sim 14k dps lower using vigor, but that's a drop in the bucket when we are well over 1 million dps now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •