Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    They had the excuse regarding momentum that they dont want to force people to use mobility for dmg increase, that its bad for certain mechanics etc. I think thats a good point but as someone who likes momentum playstyle i would make changes to fel rush to bring it back.
    Split fel rush to two versions. First would be the same, second would keep you in place. Make it just a cool animation like blade dance, your character rushes forward and goes back dealing dmg in two parts. Both rushes share cd and trigger momentum so propably 90% of players would use a modifier macro for it.

Aaaand ofc buff momentum to make it better than our beloved "throw and forget" nemesis again.

I'd wager that the vast majority of people asking for Momentum back are shitters clearing HC before the next patch or the "mythic raiders" crowd that only does the handout bosses in an instance after nerfs kick in while parsing grey or green. Fuck off with Momentum, it's a shit fucking talent and needs to die ASAP.

If you want a maintenance buff, ask for one then, don't ask for mechanical cancer that Momentum is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    I'd wager that the vast majority of people asking for Momentum back are shitters clearing HC before the next patch or the "mythic raiders" crowd that only does the handout bosses in an instance after nerfs kick in while parsing grey or green. Fuck off with Momentum, it's a shit fucking talent and needs to die ASAP.

If you want a maintenance buff, ask for one then, don't ask for mechanical cancer that Momentum is.
    nope.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    nope.

10char
    No?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what the vast majority (most, not all) of the "bring back the momentum cancer" looks like.

Last edited by mauserr; 2017-08-28 at 10:36 AM.

Momentum is bad because it enforces uncontrollable player movement.

You might then argue "well i can control the direction i go!" This is true, but the rotation is still enforcing that movement on you where you move in a single direction for a set distance during which you are unable to control your character. It's like killing spree except used 10x more often. It also means you lose your gap closer unless it coincides with required encounter movement.

It's plain bad design. They need to go back to the drawing board with talents as well as the souls resource system(which they've half-assed as a resource). There is no reason they can't build in 2-3 playstyles for a single dps spec, and do it without momentum.

Can we not attack other forum posters for having a different opinion? Quickest way to get threads locked...

Deleted
    First of all calm down. I simply answered the question in the title, its my opinion.
    Second, i don't think you even read my post. Looks like you just saw this one magical word and got triggered by it instantly.
    I agreed that it creates problems and i gave a suggestion specifically to get rid of them.
    Simple maintanance buffs are less interesting to me than a short duration buff on a short cd which momentum gives us. Choosing when to use those windows in which you want to squeeze gdcs with the highest dpet seems more fun and dynamic to me. Kinda like rogues shadow dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxalys View Post
    First of all calm down. I simply answered the question in the title, its my opinion.
    Second, i don't think you even read my post. Looks like you just saw this one magical word and got triggered by it instantly.
    I agreed that it creates problems and i gave a suggestion specifically to get rid of them.
    Simple maintanance buffs are less interesting to me than a short duration buff on a short cd which momentum gives us. Choosing when to use those windows in which you want to squeeze gdcs with the highest dpet seems more fun and dynamic to me. Kinda like rogues shadow dance.
    People hate momentum because of the enforced uncontrollable movement. They don't hate it because of the burst window gameplay.

A burst window talent can be attached to almost any other ability and work better than momentum as it is now.

It's a badly designed talent.

Make Meta the staple of DH by turning fury into an insanity mechanic. The point would be to stay in meta as long as possible and get back into it ASAP. Having meta as a huge CD kinda ruined the flavor of it imo. It's definitely one way to go about it but I think that over the last year they have seen that it hasnt worked out as intended with all the relic stacking and legendary shoulders/demonic playstyle.

-throw glaive feels awkward as a button to press
    -the Demon Blade/Bite needs to be figured out. not really a fan of either
    -using a gap closer for damage is a bad playstyle. See monks and chi torpedo.
    -DHs need more magic draining/reflecting/stealing abilities (ie tier 4 of the honor talents)

just a few things off the top of my head but this spec is far from fleshed out

I wouldn't change a thing, I love how DH plays right now - some find it dull but not every spec needs to be hectic or complicated

Why not have both on Par.. thus letting pick and choose..

I actually don't mind either Momentum or Nemesis. I switch around when I get bored of the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    No?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what the vast majority (most, not all) of the "bring back the momentum cancer" looks like.

You do realize I rerolled in ToS? And got #200-300 kills on 2 days/week in NH mythic? Mhkay

btw, when Momentum was current in EN, I got multiple top10 rankings with the effin boots as my 2nd legendary. But keep talking mate

The really awesome aspect with momentum, is how people use fel rush.

How it takes more "skill" compared to nemesis is not something many would argue about.
    Somehow most people argue against the mechanic of how fel rush works - not the momentum part of it.

This cause pain for the sims-players as their precious tools can't really handle human decision making at all.
    WoW really needs more dynamic and RNG'ish elementes to battle the binary sims processes.
    These can be on character design aswell as on the boss encounters.

As soon as people stop "ask sim" as the default goto answer, Blizzard will have done something right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    The really awesome aspect with momentum, is how people use fel rush.

How it takes more "skill" compared to nemesis is not something many would argue about.
    Somehow most people argue against the mechanic of how fel rush works - not the momentum part of it.

This cause pain for the sims-players as their precious tools can't really handle human decision making at all.
    WoW really needs more dynamic and RNG'ish elementes to battle the binary sims processes.
    These can be on character design aswell as on the boss encounters.

As soon as people stop "ask sim" as the default goto answer, Blizzard will have done something right.
    Simming to get answers will never ceaae so long we have a bunch of great theorycrafters who know what they're doing.

People despise momentum for random DCs, being a maintenance buff and boss mechanics heavily punishing movement, especially when coupled with micro hitboxes (looking at you, release sisters).

While I like it, I wouldn't mind a redesign where momentum causes both mobility abilities to just hit like a truck or just buff next bite and next chaos strike.

Then again, most of our class problems could be fixed by modifying the artifact tree in a few places. At least until 8.0.
    How exactly? Buffing Balanced Blades to release values, swapping Wide Eyes with Bladedancer's Grace to give us a bronze trait for Blade Dance (and make wide eyes less shit), changing Warglaives of Chaos to a +% crit for CS to impose a crit softcap, Critical Chaos buffing all CS damage...

Blizzard has endless possibilities and unsurprisingly, chooses to do absolutely nothing.

People talk about making Momentum great again because "it required more skill" or other such things, but in reality most people here can't even get a 90% using the super faceroll spec, so you have to wonder if that's a great argument.

I watched a DH stream last night where this person was using Fel Rush as a filler and using VR/FR combos without Prepared or FM and completely blowing FB procs and complaining about the Meta CD not being reduced enough by Delusions (because you know, missing a huge amount of Fury spend). Consistent 10-50 percentiles.

Don't ask for a harder spec to play unless you're actually getting close to 100% maximum DPS. There are some changes that should be made long before Momentum is made relevant, and all Momentum did was mask the horrible state of DH design behind a "weeeee I go fast and hit boss" play style that's just a really shitty version of Sub, and worse it sacrificed mobility we need to deal with mechanics effectively for a tiny DPS gain. Try doing Avatar without having FR/VR charges to quickly drop off blades, move out of puddles, get back to the boss after UC clears instantly for 0 downtime, or running away quickly and getting back without losing uptime. If you had to switch your spec to an "inferior" one just because the mobility gain for important mechanics was a bigger DPS increase than Momentum gave, you're in an extra shitty situation. If you want a spec where you get to teleport around and fly in the air and have big bursts of damage with short CDs that must be managed properly, reroll a rogue. Momentum was shit design from day 1, the current meta is better but the class still needs to be improved.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-08-29 at 08:15 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Kill any chance of momentum returning and keep the spec as it is. I enjoy the rotation.
    I like playing with DH too, it is ok as it is now, simple and quick.
    No need to be more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Try Arcane or Frost Mage. Constant 1 spell spam. DH compared to this is a peak of sophistication. Building Fury attack, glaives, artifact, aoe (2 different), finisher/heavy dps ability, jump in/jump out - rather complex

Also - blame ability pruning. True - sometimes we had too many spells and abilities to pick from but limiting it to 3-4 major ones lead to this. Frost DK uses literally 2 strikes with occasional 2 more when debuffs drop. DH is fine.
    I have fresh mage alt and I started with frost spec. And you know what? I think now about rerolling to mage. Frost is much more engaging than havoc and you know why? Because frost mage have procs that you have to pay attention. 1 button spam? So Building icicles, artifact, aoe (3! different, can spec into more), finisher with GS build that hit hard, blinks while casting! And procs that alter gameplay. rather complex!

Quote Originally Posted by Felfuhrer View Post
    Make Meta the staple of DH by turning fury into an insanity mechanic. The point would be to stay in meta as long as possible and get back into it ASAP. Having meta as a huge CD kinda ruined the flavor of it imo. It's definitely one way to go about it but I think that over the last year they have seen that it hasnt worked out as intended with all the relic stacking and legendary shoulders/demonic playstyle.

-throw glaive feels awkward as a button to press
    -the Demon Blade/Bite needs to be figured out. not really a fan of either
    -using a gap closer for damage is a bad playstyle. See monks and chi torpedo.
    -DHs need more magic draining/reflecting/stealing abilities (ie tier 4 of the honor talents)

just a few things off the top of my head but this spec is far from fleshed out
    omg yes to everything you posted Especially the metamorphosis change you proposed

I must be one of the few that doesn't mind the rotation, allows me to watch the fight quite a bit more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Basically, Chaos Strike, pray to get a good rng with FelBlade/auto attacks from ring, repeat. There is literally nothing else to do. Beside using artifact weapon every 60 seconds and throw glaives if you don't have fury. DH feels underwhelming compared to other classes by a far shot. Coming from rogue main and a warrior, demon hunter just feels -- bland? ````````````````````````````````````````` I JUST WANT TO SEE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT DH DONT EAT ME ALIVE ````````````````````````````
    Full redesign of the class playstyle and Fix some bugs that are still their since alpha !!!!!

First remove the disconnect double jump bug pls.

Since alpha the class has 1 big problem for me the abilitys look amazing but dont work smooth as a melee fighting class. (Eyebeam, Fel Barrage, Spawning Souls random)

So my wish list for next Addon would be:

Build the class around the unique DH Spell EYE BEAM.
    Look the new cinematic he uses his eyebeam to destroy the naaru not his chaosstrike bladedance demon blades or fell rush.

Old:
    Eye Beam
    50 Fury 20 yd range
    Channeled (2 sec cast) 45 sec cooldown
    Requires Demon Hunter
    Blasts all enemies directly in front of you for ((55% of Attack power) * 10) Chaos damage. Eye Beam always critically strikes.

New.
    Eye Beam
    50 Fury 20 yd range
    Channeled (2 sec cast) 45 sec cooldown
    Requires Demon Hunter
    Blasts all enemies directly in front of you for ((95% of Attack power) * 10) Chaos damage. If Eye Beam hits less than 3 targets the damage is increase about ~ 200% if a target has a chaosmark it gets additional 100% damage.

Old:
    Chaos Strike
    40 Fury Melee Range
    Instant cast
    Requires Demon Hunter
    Requires One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, One-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords, Warglaives, Staves, Fist Weapons, Daggers
    Slice your target for (305% + 485%) Chaos damage. Critical strikes refund 20 Fury.

New:
    Chaos Strike
    40 Fury Melee Range
    Instant cast
    Requires Demon Hunter
    Requires One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, One-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords, Warglaives, Staves, Fist Weapons, Daggers
    Slice your target for (305% + 485%) Chaos damage. Critical strikes refund 20 Fury. Each time Chaos Strike deals damage to a target, it also applies Chaosmark. Chaosmark is a debuff for 20 sec.

Old:
    Demon's Bite
    Melee Range
    Instant
    Requires Demon Hunter (Havoc)
    Quickly attack for 380% Physical damage.

Generates 20 to 30 Fury.

New:
    Demon's Bite
    Melee Range
    Instant
    Requires Demon Hunter (Havoc)
    Quickly attack for 380% Physical damage.

Generates 30 Fury.

Demon Blades gets removed from the talents.
    Demon Blades Your auto attacks deal additional Shadow damage if the target has a Chaosmark.

Metamorphosis dont buff Blade Dance it buffs Eyebeam damage instead.

Felblade makes chaosdamage procs from Chaosstrikes not demons bite and is not on GCD. It also goes away from talents to a normal ability.

Chaos Nova dont stuns enemys it knock them down, because for the style

Talents:

Redesign and switch the full lvl 102 talents.
    Blootlet should be included in master of the glaive and First blood and Chaos Cleave needs a good redesign because of the random first hit against 2 or more targets.
    With the change to Felblade and Eyebeam other talents should also be changed

So my dreamtalents:
    Fel Mastery dont gets a damage buff but the fury produce goes up.
    Blind fury gets removed Felblade gets removed
    2 New talents
    1 should buff the damage of fel rush
    1 should reduce the CD or give us a 3.stack.

prepared
    Demonic Appetite (Chaos Strike has a 50% chance to spawn a Lesser Soul Fragment, and consuming any Soul Fragment grants 25 Fury. )
    Demons Bite produce ~10% more fury

First blood stays but the hit goes to all enemys hit with chaosmark.
    Chaos cleave gets reworked
    Chaos strike hits additional 2 targets and also marks them with chaosmarks.
    Blind fury
    Eyebeam burns all target for X% damage over 20 sec

are fine maybe a bit tuning

Momentum
    also includes Felblade
    Fel Eruption gets buffed so that it does more damage to targets with chaosmark. Should be our single target best choice
    Nemesis should get a buff not a debuff. and it should give 20% damage for 45 sec with 1 min cd.

For me Momentum should be the playstyle in ae and pvp and lvling dungeons etc. FEl eruption should be a real hard hit against bosses and also in pvp bring some good burst while Momentum give us constant damage.
    Nemesis should be the option for players the dont like Momentum playstyle but should be a bit weaker because you only have to use it.

In PVE ST Fel Eruption should be the best choice. In AE Momentun > Nemesis > fel Eruption

Master of the Glaive include Bloodlet
    Unleashed Power (also reduce the CD of Eyebeam a bit) so that it has a dps increase like master of glaive
    Demon Reborn switch with fel barrage damage should be fixed.
    Chaosblades should be the burst talent
    Demon Reborn every critical strike let your demonsoul rage and reduce the CD of Eyebeam, Chaosnova, Felblade, Fel rush and Meta um x sec. should be the constant max damage talent for ST and AE long fights.
    Demonic gets reworked because of the change to meta and eyebeam. Instead of Eyebeam, Chaosnova should bring you in Meta. So you can use Eyebeam in meta with more damage. The time should go up to 15 sec i think.

Also a good thing would be remove my 99 100 or 102 talents and replace them with 3 heal talents. Than for me DH could need a style of heal out of meta.
    Let me explain
    Talent 1 The lesser soul fragment from demonic appetite heal more ( nearly 50% of a normal soul)
    Talent 2 You spend fury for heal maybe something like 50fury for 30% hp
    Talent 3 you gain passiv every sec 1% hp

In pve ae lvling you have enough souls but vs rares without meta it sucks realy or in pvp in a lot situations 1vs1 after both healer dies or 2 vs2 arena you can play more double dd combs as DH if you have a ability to heal without the tiny leech in meta.
    Class fantasy ? The selfreg from our demon is quit strong so why not ?

Why heal? Well every other dd specc has a option to heal. We only have the souls we must collect which sucks in some situations.

I know a lot of things are OP like hell but this is a balance thing. I hope they designe more around Eyebeam and switch in and out of MEta.
    Your fights should show more the conflict between demon and hunter

Sry for my realy bad english
    Last edited by mmoc4c7c183171; 2017-09-07 at 10:50 AM.