7+ Year Old Account

Hundreds confess to eating human flesh in South Africa

Pietermaritzburg - A community meeting following the arrest of four Estcourt men for allegedly killing a person and eating human flesh saw hundreds of residents allegedly confess to having eaten human body parts procured from one of the accused.

The four men, Nino Mbatha (32), Sthembiso Sithole (31), Lindokuhle Masondo (32) and Lungisani Magubane (30), appeared in the Estcourt Magistrate’s Court on Monday on charges of murder and conspiracy.

This after one of the four men allegedly walked into the Estcourt police station on Friday, holding human body parts and confessed to being “tired of eating human flesh”. When he was questioned, he produced part of a human leg and a hand. Further investigation led police to a house in the Rensburgdrift area in Estcourt where they were met with a foul smell, and more human remains were found.

KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbhele said on Friday that one of the accused, also an nyanga (traditional healer), was arrested in Amangwe area where more body parts were found.

It has been alleged that the men raped, killed and cut up the body of a woman, which they then consumed.

Hundreds of outraged Estcourt locals gathered outside the magistrate’s court on Monday morning, armed with cameras and cellphones in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the four men.

With police guarding the entrance to the court, residents were warned to stay back as the men were loaded into a police van after their court appearance and taken into police custody until their formal bail application on August 28.

Later, ward councillor Mthembeni Majola, who held a meeting at the Esigodlweni community hall on Monday morning, said that around 300 residents had confessed to visiting Mbatha, an nyanga, and knowingly eating human flesh that he gave to them.

He said that there were around 700 people at the meeting where about 300 residents confessed to allegedly knowing Mbatha had human flesh and allegedly confessed to eating it.

He said a community member, who had been very close to Mbatha, had had a falling out with the nyanga.

Majola alleged that the matter was not just limited to Estcourt and that the nyanga had links across the Uthu*kela area.
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...umans-20170821

Deleted
    Cannibalism was a common South African custom, it's unsurprising some still hold onto old ways

We all have our crosses to bear I guess. Africa has cannibalism and the west has Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tastes like pork

10+ Year Old Account
    Now to find a way to blame this on western colonialism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Now to find a way to blame this on western colonialism
    Find a way to not blame it on western colonialism? Or do you want to pay 500% more for coffee, chocolate, smartphones etc? You need to state what is more important, as your ancestors did. Just follow their lead as all generations did and you will profit from it.

Tell me again how admitting people like that into the Western Civilisation is enriching our society?

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Tell me again how admitting people like that into the Western Civilisation is enriching our society?
    Some maniacs =/= An entire culture (South Africa isn't even made up of one culture anyway, most countries aren't)

Should Americans be judged by the crazy shit that happens in Florida?

Also, I don't seem to recall there being a mass wave of South African emigrants. In the States we mostly get Nigerian and Ghanaian immigrants, most of which are rather successful because they mostly originated from the educated class of Nigeria and generally speaking, Igbo culture has a strong emphasis on learning and work ethic (not that I claim to be an expert on any continent).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes cause 300 people means every one does it!

10+ Year Old Account
    All the problems our stupid country has, and *this* is the one people catch? -.-

300 out of 700 is alot lol, wonder how many overall who eats that tasty man flesh outside of that meeting.

Aww great, now I miss Hannibal.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

So what you are saying is that Reza Aslan was in town?
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

What makes you think you're part of "our society"? What's your contribution to claim part of western society?

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    So what you are saying is that Reza Aslan was in town?

Lol was about to ask who that news guy was that ate some

15+ Year Old Account
    Today is just getting fucking weirder and weirder

Sthembiso Sithole
    So close to having the most unfortunate name ever.