Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Argus doesn't have that"

Now that is a big steaming pile of shit coming from the developers.

Context.

Argus would have made a monotonous setting for an expansion. It's an awesome place, but is a husk of a world that has been destroyed by the Legion. It isn't a place where we can have a bright and happy zone or civilizations that are flourishing and interesting to interact with.
    Draenor was a brutal and savage world, but had the Arroka and the rolling plains of Nagrand. Argus doesn't have that and wouldn't support that.
    Let's take a look for a second into what was set into stone about Argus prior to patch 7.3.

Hmm, let's see. It's the place where the Draenei/Eredar come from. It has Mac'Aree, which is pretty much just a name that's a reference to a developer. It is the seat of the Legion.

That's pretty much it.

I don't see any source that mentions Argus being completely destroyed by the Legion. Other than the picture they showed off at Blizzcon. And even if there was, Suramar used to be sunken, and they easily retconned that.

Are you telling me they can't pull a Mists of Pandaria on a handful of zones and make an expansion out of that?

"Oh well, the Ethereals got to that planet before the Legion could completely destroy it and they used some of the Draenei Crystals that could hide entire villages, and they hid those 3 zones blablabla."

Are you telling me that their vision for Argus is to be completely destroyed by the Legion, and that the whole planet is basically just a generic Felsoul Hold-like Legion area, and therefore it has to be reduced to just one zone that is gonna be the center of the game for like 6 months, where we do some shitty world quests and some shitty Broken Shore-esque storytelling quests, before we go into a probably very similar to Hellfire Citadel looking raid?

There are 3 possibilities I can see here.

1. They have finally lost it.
    2. They are intentionally misleading, like they were with Mists of Pandaria being not real, cause Pandaren were usually only used for jokes. Argus is actually gonna be a whole expansion, because, fuck, everything else would be an insult.
    3. They are actually gonna pull a Warlords of Draenor on Argus, tell us that this is what Argus looks like now, so let's go back in time and see Argus as it used to be. Chromie did some shit blabla created a portal to another dimension blabla, let's just go to Argus.

I would really love 3), even though I don't see it happening cause Horde players would cry about Alliance favoritism because another expansion on a Draenei homeworld in the past. I would be ok with 2), but let's not kid ourselves. It's 1).

Give me an Argus expansion or give me death.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'll give you death then.

25000 years of demonic corruption. 25000 years

2.5*10^4

Makes totes sense to find some awesome landscapes there. Can I interest you in this nice retirement home in the 6th circle of hell? It's a tourist attraction according to the locals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death it is.

I really don't know why you people want an Argus expansion so bad. That world has been conquered and destroyed by the Legion thousands of years ago. It's like asking why a forest doesn't look beautiful and diverse after being completely destroyed by a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post

Context.

Let's take a look for a second into what was set into stone about Argus prior to patch 7.3.

Hmm, let's see. It's the place where the Draenei/Eredar come from. It has Mac'Aree, which is pretty much just a name that's a reference to a developer. It is the seat of the Legion.

That's pretty much it.

I don't see any source that mentions Argus being completely destroyed by the Legion. Other than the picture they showed off at Blizzcon. And even if there was, Suramar used to be sunken, and they easily retconned that.

Are you telling me they can't pull a Mists of Pandaria on a handful of zones and make an expansion out of that?

"Oh well, the Ethereals got to that planet before the Legion could completely destroy it and they used some of the Draenei Crystals that could hide entire villages, and they hid those 3 zones blablabla."

Are you telling me that their vision for Argus is to be completely destroyed by the Legion, and that the whole planet is basically just a generic Felsoul Hold-like Legion area, and therefore it has to be reduced to just one zone that is gonna be the center of the game for like 6 months, where we do some shitty world quests and some shitty Broken Shore-esque storytelling quests, before we go into a probably very similar to Hellfire Citadel looking raid?

2. They are intentionally misleading, like they were with Mists of Pandaria being not real, cause Pandaren were usually only used for jokes. Argus is actually gonna be a whole expansion, because, fuck, everything else would be an insult.
    3. They are actually gonna pull a Warlords of Draenor on Argus, tell us that this is what Argus looks like now, so let's go back in time and see Argus as it used to be. Chromie did some shit blabla created a portal to another dimension blabla, let's just go to Argus.

I would really love 3), even though I don't see it happening cause Horde players would cry about Alliance favoritism because another expansion on a Draenei homeworld in the past. I would be ok with 2), but let's not kid ourselves. It's 1).

We're done with the Legion after this expansion. Makes sense that we're finishing up Argus.

Moving on to the Void Lords, broseph. Do you need the suicide hotline number?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Another one on the "Death" list .

I'm curious, what should Argus look like according to you? Since you seem convinced that their statement is false I'd love to hear some concepts for zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    25000 years of demonic corruption. 25000 years

2.5*10^4

Makes totes sense to find some awesome landscapes there. Can I interest you in this nice retirement home in the 6th circle of hell? It's a tourist attraction according to the locals.
    Have you ever heard of Leafshadow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I'm curious, what should Argus look like according to you? Since you seem convinced that their statement is false I'd love to hear some concepts for zones.
    Not just one zone that looks like Felsoul Hold/Faronaar/Felblaze Ingress/Broken Shore.

I completely agree with Blizzard on this.

I am so glad it's a patch (seems to be quite a big one) and not a full expansion.

Come on, I am tired of Tanaan Jungle dead zones since end of Wod, so much of it in Legion and imagine another expansion like that, no thanks! One final patch makes sense.

And yeah as been said, Blizz always tries to have some variety in zones but Argus barely has room for that unless you completely destroy the lore, it should be a dead zone, it's understandable from a story perspective, making it an expansion would make people get fatigued way faster and making up pretty zones there will make 0 sense.

I'd rather we visit other worlds somewhat consumed by Void (not entirely though), there we can have weird and interesting varieties of all kinds.

Rest in peace then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Death it is.

I really don't know why you people want an Argus expansion so bad. That world has been conquered and destroyed by the Legion thousands of years ago. It's like asking why a forest doesn't look beautiful and diverse after being completely destroyed by a fire.
    Yeah just like there were only 3 continents on Azeroth at one time. Oh look, there was a hidden continent, that remained untouched. It's almost like Blizzard had creativity at some point.

big steaming pile of shit
    Your post, yes.

10+ Year Old Account

Context.

That's pretty much it.

Blizzard is the source. They can do whatever & change whatever they want with their game.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

7+ Year Old Account
    Not just one zone that looks like Felsoul Hold/Faronaar/Felblaze Ingress/Broken Shore.
    its 3 zones and mac'aree looks like this:

they managed to include a not green zone on a planet that has been under immense fel exposure for the last 25000 years and more.
    happy now?

ps: oh death it shall be.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-04 at 08:47 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just like there were only 3 continents on Azeroth at one time. Oh look, there was a hidden continent, that remained untouched. It's almost like Blizzard had creativity at some point.
    What has that to do with Argus? No where in the lore is written that Azeroth was completely destroyed. But that happend to Argus.

If you don't want to think of the Legion, think of Ragnaros and the fire elementals. He tried to burn the whole world and destroy everything. We already saw Firelands. We saw what happend to Hyjal where the fire elementals succeeded. Now imagine if Ragnaros actually succeded and would have conquered all of Azeroth. The whole planet would be burning, just like Firelands. There would be no variety left. Yes, we may still have some sort of towns, but everything would be ablaze, red on black on yellow on orange, no water, no plants, just fire and ash.

That's basically what happened to Argus.

I'd give you death without mercy. I'm sick and tired of all this fel themed shit. Need to brighten things up a big with an azshara/pirate expansion imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Context.

That's pretty much it.

Let me know when your funeral is

Argus is what the Legion does to all worlds. Ruined worlds bathed in fel fire.

Hiding something from the eyes of some sailors and hiding something from the eyes of a Titan and a spacefaring race. Even if pandaria was rubbish, it was still more plausible than your proposed asspull.

They very easily could make an argus focused expansion, running theme of us whittling down their home base defenses, while running "special op" missions to other legion worlds each patch, even worlds in the middle of invasions and from that stand point the possibilities of environments is literally limitless