Thread: So it's Argus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Actually, the problem with that is the way Blizzard hasn't changed questing since 2004. You don't get -A- quest. You get 5 quests that involve killing everything between you and the target, clicking 12 items of the ground, clicking 5 prisoners from a cage, looting 16 items from another enemy, killing a boss type enemy and then returning to your quest hub.

Flying does absolutely nothing to harm this design. The only thing flying does is allow you to skip over bull-shit terrain purposefully added to artificially elongate playtime for no other reason than "hehelolxd". If it actually added to the game's narrative or to my personal immersion (Or anyone's immersion, at that), I would agree with you.

The only thing no flying does is force you to look at the ground pixels a little closer. It doesn't speed up quest times, it doesn't magically make world quests any less tedious than they are. You're just flying.
    Flying at 310% mount speed, over terrain features designed to elongate the map

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but there was only 3 raid tiers slated for this expansion (unlike the last one, but we can forgive and forget, right? Hahahhaahahahhahaa.)

A patch every 77 days sounds good, until you realize that they just took what was normally supposed to be in a single raid patch and split it into two patches and spread it out over the course of 6 months. 7.2-7.2.5 and 7.3-7.3.5 are perfect examples of this. Those patches have as much content as IQD, as IoT, as Molten Front, but are split up and intentionally "stretched" out through artificial gating.

They aren't adding anymore content, all they are doing is gating it. It's less a schedule and more on rails content than a train.

And stop acting like 7.4 is going to be anything nearly as large as Argus or Broken Shore was. 7.4 will likely feature the testing for the next expansions "event" and some dull story tie-ins. The fact they are putting all the eggs into 3 zones Argus is testament to this, because they don't make more content, they just spread it thinner over time.
    Are you broken? you dont need it to be a LULZXDHAHA raid tier for it to be a raid.... Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor? i believe those are raids from this expansion that aren't "raid tiers". They can always add an RS type raid, but keep LOLXDHAHAAHIMSOSMARTANDCOMPLAINING, a genius you are...

hi, you like world quests? no, not really ?
    theres gonna be more !

there was never any doubt
    Be feared, or be fuel

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but there was only 3 raid tiers slated for this expansion (unlike the last one, but we can forgive and forget, right? Hahahhaahahahhahaa.)

A patch every 77 days sounds good, until you realize that they just took what was normally supposed to be in a single raid patch and split it into two patches and spread it out over the course of 6 months. 7.2-7.2.5 and 7.3-7.3.5 are perfect examples of this. Those patches have as much content as IQD, as IoT, as Molten Front, but are split up and intentionally "stretched" out through artificial gating.

They aren't adding anymore content, all they are doing is gating it. It's less a schedule and more on rails content than a train.

And stop acting like 7.4 is going to be anything nearly as large as Argus or Broken Shore was. 7.4 will likely feature the testing for the next expansions "event" and some dull story tie-ins. The fact they are putting all the eggs into 3 zones Argus is testament to this, because they don't make more content, they just spread it thinner over time.
    Name me a content patch that met your standards? I challenge you to critically think back to all those content patches, and really tell which one was up to your almighty standards. If this isnt a good enough patch for you, i dont know what to tell you, its a shit ton of stuff, that takes a ton of development time.

Places like IQD, Crusader patch, ICC, anything cata, ToT Island, TI, Tanaan... these were all smaller, time gated patches. I really dont know why people like you come on here every patch and just complain to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    You're comparing a game that releases four bosses at a time that have 0 variance in what goes on during the boss fight (things happen at the same time, every attempt) in a flat, round room, to a game that releases 3 times as many bosses at a time, with many variably timed mechanics with in some cases non-flat fluctuating boss arenas.

FFXIV's extremely milquetoast raid design allows for minimal testing.
    Sounds like the vast majority of bugs comes from Blizzards "unique" raid design, then. No wonder they rely on hordes of people to come beta test their patch content.

Although I love how you shit on their variance, as if Mythic raiding has any variance aside from what player the colored marker gets placed on. Plus you're acting as if a lot of these WoW bosses aren't just copy pastas of previous "bosses" amped up to oblivion. How many copypasta dreadlord, orc, naga, troll, council-type, ulduar clones or elemental bosses are you going to have in these raids, honestly?

Maybe that simplicity and the ability to push a raid patch out with 0 bugs consistently is why FFXIV's raiding is better than WoW's.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-08-23 at 06:07 PM.

Actually, the problem with that is the way Blizzard hasn't changed questing since 2004. You don't get -A- quest. You get 5 quests that involve killing everything between you and the target, clicking 12 items of the ground, clicking 5 prisoners from a cage, looting 16 items from another enemy, killing a boss type enemy and then returning to your quest hub.

Flying does absolutely nothing to harm this design. The only thing flying does is allow you to skip over bull-shit terrain purposefully added to artificially elongate playtime for no other reason than "hehelolxd". If it actually added to the game's narrative or to my personal immersion (Or anyone's immersion, at that), I would agree with you.

The only thing no flying does is force you to look at the ground pixels a little closer. It doesn't speed up quest times, it doesn't magically make world quests any less tedious than they are. You're just flying.
    ehi, they even implemented velocity to artificially elongate playtime1!1 evul brlizard!1! give us teleportation11!1

Too many FBs here who like to jump and rage at people who dare make any negative comments about Blizzard. This is just disgusting.

I might be in the minority here, but I for one am glad that there was no 8.0 discussion. There plenty left to do in Legion, and whilst I was disappointed in the 'trailer', at least now we know that the next big announcement (probably at Blizzcon) will probably around 8.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I -do- play other games directly because of Blizzards incapability to stick to a schedule and their lack luster "savior" expansion. I just like keeping tabs on whether or not they can actually get it right this time.

Even as a T&A fan boi, Argus just isn't that good, especially without flying. It's a fucking rock in space, people should be floating.
    And then there's Alleria harnessing the void, which is also annoying considering she's an ARCHER not a PRIEST. But hey, maybe this means they will replace Survival with something actually good in 8.0. Weee!

Then there's the garbage lore behind Sargey remaking a "dark pantheon" because apparently Blizzard had to fish something for him to have been doing from a hat and they picked "building evil council of DOOOOOOOOOOM". Stellar writing, 10/10 plot device.

You've got Illidan talking down to leaders of people that are thousands of years older than him, as if Illidan has ever done anything useful for his people, other than get imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Also, the first use of Fel-cannon anti-air is used on the zones you can't fucking FLY in?! Yeah, best expansion guys, fucking 10/10.
    Wow you are just a negative guy aren't ya? It's fine that you dont like the expansion, but to pretend that 7.3 will be devoid of content, or good story is just flat out wrong. And flying has 0 to do with the fun of an expansion or new patch area.

As to your criticism of the lore of Sargeras, what would you have done with the story? Where would your story take us regarding the burning Legion and Sargeras? What story would YOU have told if you had it your way? What do you think a dark titan would be doing with his time between the burning crusade and legion? A dark pantheon sounds awesome from a storytelling and lore perspective.

The fact of the matter is, you are just a no-name random on the internet thinking you could tell a better story than blizzard. And certainly if you think so, then how about trying to apply for a writer position at Blizzard? How about coming up with something other than sarcastic non-sense criticism and tell us what YOU would have liked to have seen.

Deleted
    Let's be honest, there was actually 0 reason to show a new expansion now, when the last patch is about to come.

You can't compare this with WoD time.

About the quality of trailer and so on, De gustibus non est disputandum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    That was the worst trailer ever.
    I wouldn't have expected anything other than this coming from you George. Keep up the non-nonsensical garbage shit posting about a game you don't play anymore!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Lol, sorry to break it to you, but most people i've seen thus far agree with him. That wasn't a good trailer, compared to the ones for previous patches, especially since it's the last big patch
    Ion never called it a trailer though. He said exactly what it was, a preview of the first in-game cinematic you will see when going to Argus on the Vindicar.

Your fantasy expectations got the better of you and many like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    "s-shut up-p-p guy-s it-it-wass-... ssu-...suu-...such a goo-... good p-p--p-pattch" lol

It was a shit patch trailer it was basically a cinematic

last good-..... I mean last patch trailer was 6.2

This was just an ingame cinematic.
    It was never advertised as a "trailer" for their patch. It was SPECIFICALLY stated by the game director of the fucking game on stage, that it is a preview of the in-game cinematics that you will see throughout your journeys to and on Argus.

Seriously, you need to learn to read / listen to the official statements from Blizzard themselves instead of fathoming up in your mind delusions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    not resubbing for this. lame as fk
    Good. Please keep your toxic attitude as far away from the game as possible. Millions of others will be enjoying it

10+ Year Old Account
    Daaamn, next week! Didn't expect it that soon.

Yeah, if they added about 40 more staff and made a testing team that did nothing but play the internal test builds and give feed back.

But Blizzard gets to do that for free using you people.
    you people? that implies me.. and nope cause i don't test on the PTR... they already have an internal team just likely needs tweaking. Its a business costs decisions of course just be nice to see what would happen if a raid that was never public was launched to see the guilds scramble to clear it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The quality of the trailer (shit) and the number of interesting new features they announced (none) is exactly characteristic of the overall quality of Legion.

Big fanfare, "biggest patch evah" and in the end they have more or less nothing.

so nothing revealed at gamescon except the patch day... next expansion must still be far far away. xD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure the Sour Grapes in here either actually are not subbed for Legion or are the same give me Vanilla server crowd.....

People are just never happy. The same people crying about Argus not being a full expansion are now complaining about going there because it's too green.

Did 7.2 suck? Yeah, it kinda did. Spreading the new content out over 12 classes reduced the promise of it to nothing. But not only is 7.3 much better and much more epic, it sounds like 7.3.5 will add yet more story. And I'd hardly consider everything taking 2 weeks and 1 day to become fully unlocked to be excessive use of timegating.

Legion is a great expansion that Blizzard has clearly been working its ass off for. This could have been terrible.
    In WoD we got the initial removal of flight, and only 2 tiers. Our final tier was Tanaan! Now instead we get to explore a place much more varied, epic and large. Which much more lore, an extra lore patch on the way, full of cinematics. All we got for 6.2 was Grommash screaming at Gul'dan about how much he worships us now. And all of this is following an impossible 77 day schedule.

This is going to be the best final tier we've ever had. And if that's not enough for you, then why are you even wasting your time here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I feel like if I wrote the reply that came to my mind I'd get banned again so let me just say. Wow. What must it be like to be you
    Damn, those hard hitting points you made are making me rethink my life. Thanks bro!