Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should Blizzard get rid of the "Perfection" BG achievements?

Currently if you want the rewards for earning several battleground-related meta achievements, you have to gain several achievements that require you to win different battlegrounds with "perfect" scores.

These are the; Arathi Basin Perfection (Win a match of Arathi Basin with a score of 1600 to 0), The Perfect Storm (Win a match of Eye of the Storm with a score of 1500 to 0) and Battle for Gilneas Perfection (Win a match of Battle for Gilneas with a score of 1500 to 0).

I personally advocate that these achievements be either reworked or removed from the meta "Master of" achievements. In my opinion, these are badly designed achievements for a couple of different reasons. Those reasons are as follows. (Keep in mind that I have earned all of these achievements, please. I'm not unhappy that I can't get them, I just think they're bad achievements).

They're not practical to earn achievements in PuG groups, and you can not build a 'stomp' team to do it. When I got the Arathi Basin perfection achievement, it was because the game bugged and gave it to me when the enemy team had only a few points (most people I talk to or see commenting on this achievement earned it the same way- the game bugged). When I got the Eye of the Storm achievement, it was only because THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM WERE BOTS AND THEY WERE ALL BUGGED AND STOOD IN SPAWN THE WHOLE GAME. Which was amusing, at least.

Because there's no way to earn the achievement if the enemy team scores as many as 1 points (barring the game bugging out, of course), there's no legitimate way to get the achievement unless the enemy team is somehow severely undergeared. With the new Battleground Template system, however, this is never going to be the case again. These achievements now expect you to legitimately outplay an enemy team in a random PuG battleground. They are not achievements you can really "earn", so much as achievements you just happen to get if your team is that one in a million teams that manages to stomp in a stat-balanced battleground.

The methods of getting these achievements at the moment are either trying to queue with 4 friends and hoping you can make it work with a five-stack, trying to get the rest of your PuGs on board with tryharding the achievement or getting the achievement in an RBG stomp.

I simply do not believe these are valid or well-designed achievements. It takes two seconds to come up with a "beat the enemy without letting them get one point" achievement, and they're lazily designed.

I understand a lot of people here will take the opinion of "So what, they're hard because that's the point of an achievement", and that's fine or whatever. I just think from a more objective and design approach, they're badly made achievements. Discuss here.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2017-08-24 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should unhinge them from the meta achievements, i only have the arathi basin one from like 09 or something because back then you could actually queue into a BG with more members on your team than the enemy, so it was 4v1 due to the time of night it was, the rest of the guys farmed the 1 horde and i capped all the flags and won a perfect score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Agreed. I always thought it was a ridiculous requirement for a cheeve, especially as part of a meta cheeve it has no place being there.

Realistically and legitimately, there is virtually nf way anyone would get this one. As you said, it would either have to be bugged, botted, or rigged (friends on the other team).

Blizz has to have known that, so it was likely put in to cause people to grind endlessly for it. Cha ching...longer subs.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually mind them, I still have the odd game where it happens and I have all of those ones.

More difficult for me;

Resilient Victory (AB), Overcome a 500 resource disadvantage in AB
    To the Rescue (AB), Recap 50 flags, too many alts
    To the Looter go the Spoils (AV), RNG loot item
    Cloud Nine (TP), 9 Flag Caps or Returns, closest I've got is 7

The only other ones I really need are Cap 50 Carts/Win 100 Games on a few, which I'm missing because I have about 50 wins on each Alt and it doesn't count between. Thankfully my Paladin is close on a few.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    I've only gotten Arathi Perfection twice in 9,733 battlegrounds (This is all BG's not just Arathi.) and once was because I was against a team of 13 hunter bots. The other was so long ago I don't remember how I got it but it was legit.

Based on those numbers alone, I agree with you.

The other one that should be removed is the 500+ point comeback in Arathi Basin.

I got that once as a 39 or 49 twink lock when I came in late, decimated a whole team of non-twinks and we won. In other words, that's never going to happen again on a random basis.

They took out AV perfection from the Battlemaster achievement and I would have no issues with them removing the ones I've talked about as I know for fact that I would never have that title without sheer dumb luck for the achievements I listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all of the ones that require too much effort on potential RNG team reliance and not personal ones should be removed tbh.

Also, the wins really should be account wide as I'm not touching my shaman again and have all of the win 100 ones done on her outside of the ones introduced in MoP.

...........should probably just finish those on my shaman with the easier new gear next patch.....
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-08-24 at 12:30 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Currently if you want the rewards for earning several battleground-related meta achievements, you have to gain several achievements that require you to win different battlegrounds with "perfect" scores.

These are the; Arathi Basin Perfection (Win a match of Arathi Basin with a score of 1600 to 0), The Perfect Storm (Win a match of Eye of the Storm with a score of 1500 to 0) and Battle for Gilneas Perfection (Win a match of Battle for Gilneas with a score of 1500 to 0).

I personally advocate that these achievements be either reworked or removed from the meta "Master of" achievements. In my opinion, these are badly designed achievements for a couple of different reasons. Those reasons are as follows. (Keep in mind that I have earned all of these achievements, please. I'm not unhappy that I can't get them, I just think they're bad achievements).

They're not practical to earn achievements in PuG groups, and you can not build a 'stomp' team to do it. When I got the Arathi Basin perfection achievement, it was because the game bugged and gave it to me when the enemy team had only a few points (most people I talk to or see commenting on this achievement earned it the same way- the game bugged). When I got the Eye of the Storm achievement, it was only because THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM WERE BOTS AND THEY WERE ALL BUGGED AND STOOD IN SPAWN THE WHOLE GAME. Which was amusing, at least.

Because there's no way to earn the achievement if the enemy team scores as many as 1 points (barring the game bugging out, of course), there's no legitimate way to get the achievement unless the enemy team is somehow severely undergeared. With the new Battleground Template system, however, this is never going to be the case again. These achievements now expect you to legitimately outplay an enemy team in a random PuG battleground. They are not achievements you can really "earn", so much as achievements you just happen to get if your team is that one in a million teams that manages to stomp in a stat-balanced battleground.

The methods of getting these achievements at the moment are either trying to queue with 4 friends and hoping you can make it work with a five-stack, trying to get the rest of your PuGs on board with tryharding the achievement or getting the achievement in an RBG stomp.

I simply do not believe these are valid or well-designed achievements. It takes two seconds to come up with a "beat the enemy without letting them get one point" achievement, and they're lazily designed.

I understand a lot of people here will take the opinion of "So what, they're hard because that's the point of an achievement", and that's fine or whatever. I just think from a more objective and design approach, they're badly made achievements. Discuss here.
    win trade for them?

Deleted
    The almost completely impossible ones should definitely go. There's no point ¡n having achievements that you can't work towards and just happen to be tied to pure luck with a minuscule percentage of success. The greatest offender of the lot in my opinion is AB Resilient Victory, since they actually reduced the points required to win the game but left the point difference in the achievement exactly the same, making an already borderline impossible achievement virtually unobtainable.

There's plenty of tough and grindy achievements to get the battlemaster meta as it is, so I really don't get the point of requiring impossible ones that were only viable 7 years ago when the game was completely different and could be cheesed to infinity with premades and whatnot.

Yeah, comeback for 500 resources achievement shouldn't be on the meta and is the only one i lack to complete the meta. The others are not that bad, even had the 'We had it all along' achievement before they changed it to be more reasonable. They should probably also remove the cannon achievements, the cannons hardly dent the vehicles or players now, i think they hit 80-100k max now, which is nothing with the health values we have.

You mean the cannon achievements in Strand of the Ancients? I also advocate entirely removing that one, especially because it's pretty much bugged at the moment. If you sit in a cannon, you get kill credit for any nearby demolisher being killed. I got it by AFKing, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You mean the cannon achievements in Strand of the Ancients? I also advocate entirely removing that one, especially because it's pretty much bugged at the moment. If you sit in a cannon, you get kill credit for any nearby demolisher being killed. I got it by AFKing, pretty much.
    Yeah, that one. I think there's also one in Isle of Conquest which is pretty pointless now.

There's quite a few achievements that need to be removed entirely from the meta achievements.

For Battlemaster..

The Master of Alterac Valley needs to just become a Feat of Strength and that entire section needs to be removed from the Battlemaster meta. AV Blitz and All-star are virtually impossible to do nowadays, and the others are pretty dated grinds.

Resilient Victory from Arathi Basin should be removed and maybe even Overly Defensive.

Stormtrooper and Eye of Storm Perfection should be removed.

For Khan..

Cut the Blue Wire..No the Red is probably the only one that needs trimming.

And I have the majority of these achievements that I've listed, but I know how incredibly ridiculous it is trying to do it now and feel for players trying to do so.

Ever since making my current account back in like early 2008, I've gotten all the AV achievements except All Star and the 50 defenses one. AV barely lasts long enough to get All Star and I am 100000% convinced the base defense achievement is impossible, especially for Horde players who have to try capping the awful fucking towers.

I currently have 4/50 defenses in AV, for the record. I got exalted with the Frostwolves back in fucking WotLK and have played well over 300-400 games of AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I don't actually mind them, I still have the odd game where it happens and I have all of those ones.

More difficult for me;

Resilient Victory (AB), Overcome a 500 resource disadvantage in AB
    To the Rescue (AB), Recap 50 flags, too many alts
    To the Looter go the Spoils (AV), RNG loot item
    Cloud Nine (TP), 9 Flag Caps or Returns, closest I've got is 7

The only other ones I really need are Cap 50 Carts/Win 100 Games on a few, which I'm missing because I have about 50 wins on each Alt and it doesn't count between. Thankfully my Paladin is close on a few.
    Yeah, they really need to go the SWTOR route and make all achievements completely account wide. Like there's achieves to kill 10,000 npcs of a certain type that are only on this planet? No way in hell on one toon. But since they're all account wide every time you level an alt you work towards it more.

that's funny. Im stuck on the perfect eos since at least wotlk (last one for battlemaster). and most of the others I got because years ago you played sometimes against only half of a team or could queue as a raid.

those achievements are so outdated they really need a rework.

10+ Year Old Account
    I earned Justicar, Battlemaster, and Khan all in random BGs while solo queuing. Though I completed them all at least 3-7 years ago depending on the meta.

Fahrenheit on the Doomhammer US server if you'd like to check it out.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ayer-vs-player
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-08-24 at 10:40 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

They should remove the veteran achievements from the newest battlegrounds, because I dont have those yet. Its really hard to get silvershard mines and kotmogu since there are so many bg's that you can get and then its just pure luck if you win or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AV tower derfense is actually pretty easy when you get into a turtle game. I think in one of Brang or Zumios Vids its shown how you do it as a Hunter.

I find several of the Gorge and Twin Peaks achievements more ridiculous, and more impossible in a pug(and I think achievements for random bgs shouldn't be too hard in a pug)... unless maybe if you play a certain class.
    Cloud Nine, Fire, Walk With Me, Capping Spree, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Found it. Zumio 1 - Apex Predator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMR...has_verified=1

The Tower part starts at 15:47. Enjoy and try not to spill your drink all over the place