View Poll Results: Are you tired of demons, devils and fel stuff?

Voters
264. This poll is closed
  • No, I love them!

53 20.08%
  • I don't care

59 22.35%
  • Yes, I'm up for a change.

152 57.58%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are you tired of demons, devils and fel stuff?

I have to say I was never a big fan of this theme but it fits Legion of course and was entertaining in the beginning.

But all those devils and demons start to annoy me more and more. Broken Shore for example feels so blunt. Place some weird terrein and more demon dudes here and there and that's it. I have hopes for Argus and after one year of demons I'm kind of desperate for a transition or change of theme.

Could be Dranei and some kind of mechanicals, who knows...

What do you think?

Deleted
    Not more tired than I was of Orcs even by Blackrock Foundry in WoD or Undead in Wrath. Legion has still had some variance with elves, Emerald Nightmare corruption and Trial of Valor. But yes as with most expansion themes at this point you grow bored with the concept of the enemy and look for something fresh, unfortunately if the next expansion truly is centred around the void and old gods, its terrain is probably not going to be any better than the fel covered areas of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah... Could be worse (elves)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well, its BROKEN SHORE, the Shore that is Broken - average Shore isn't too diverse in the first place, and when you break it you get something similar to the Broken Shore zone.

Honestly though, consider that after this expansion we won't get any demon presence in patches for many years to come... so, I guess, enjoy it while it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Well, its BROKEN SHORE, the Shore that is Broken - average Shore isn't too diverse in the first place, and when you break it you get something similar to the Broken Shore zone.
    I mean look at it from the geological standpoint. It was hit from the Sundering, which split it off from the rest of Suramar/Broken Isles/Kalimdor in general. Sunk to the bottom of the sea, brought back up by Aegwynn to stash the Avatar, sent back down, summoned back up by Gul'dan, sunk back down by Illidan, then raised back up...again. Each of those sinkings and rising were almost certainly not gentle. I'm surprised there's as much of it left as there is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    I have to say I was never a big fan of this theme but it fits Legion of course and was entertaining in the beginning.

But all those devils and demons start to annoy me more and more. Broken Shore for example feels so blunt. Place some weird terrein and more demon dudes here and there and that's it. I have hopes for Argus and after one year of demons I'm kind of desperate for a transition or change of theme.

Could be Dranei and some kind of mechanicals, who knows...

What do you think?
    Well once this expansion is over you wont have to deal with them ever again
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

We will get a lot more sick of the void and purple stuff later probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than just orcs like in WoD. :P
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I get that the Broken Shore is broken.

It's just that I think it would be interesting to have other "threats" to the world than just always dark and devlish things.

Nature events like earthquakes or huge Elementals that manipulate zones with storm, fire, etc... . Or for example that huge mechanical boss who was wandering around the BC starting zone was both annoying and entertainig. In the beginning you where realy afraid of him when he came accross your path. That sound!

Honestly I've been tired of them since TBC. And thats where we were mostly fighting Kael's blood elves and the Illidari, not even the Legion until 2.4

10+ Year Old Account
    The legion/demons/void lords are my favorite villains to fight against in WoW since the LK, personally.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Yes, I will never ever see demons again unless where getting absolutely new models and not the standard boring ones.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Problem isn't fel, demons or any of that...the reused models and colors just make everything seem like stuff we have seen before.

Honestly it was unavoidable. Legion was always going to be full of demons. And they already brought demons into WoD to give variation to orcs.

They did their best not to fatigue us with demons and green by adding different threats to the first 5 Legion zones. Considering the Broken Isles are closest to the Tomb of Sargeras, very little of the land is actually demon-corrupted. So little that people are even left feeling the Legion isn't enough of a dire threat. That the Broken Shore would be a fel-corrupted wasteland was inevitable. But even then, Blizzard made the Tomb far more varied in the time than something like the Black Temple.

Now we're getting Argus. A planet that's been burning in felfire for over 16.000 years. And even there, Blizzard is giving us variation to just demons and fel. If you're asking yourself how anything exists on Argus that isn't black, green or a demon: The main reason is because Blizzard is trying hard to keep us from getting fatigued with it. Even stretching what's realistic, just to avoid it.

So yeah, am I tired of demons and fel? Having walked around on the PTR, I'd have to say, not quite yet. But I will definitely be, by the time this expansion ends. And I don't really blame Blizzard for that one.

No, it's fine. They're the main enemy in this expansion, and at least they're a real "big baddie" threat. I also wasn't sick of Undead during Wrath.

(The only problem maybe is that the Fel thing already started in the last patch of WoD, with Hellfire Citadel. That's why there might be a bit of "fel burnout", I can see that.)

I'm just glad as f*ck it's no longer orcs and orcs and orcs and orcs. Good orcs and bad orcs. All them orcs. THAT I was really sick and tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Honestly it was unavoidable. Legion was always going to be full of demons. And they already brought demons into WoD to give variation to orcs.

They did their best not to fatigue us with demons and green by adding different threats to the first 5 Legion zones. Considering the Broken Isles are closest to the Tomb of Sargeras, very little of the land is actually demon-corrupted. So little that people are even left feeling the Legion isn't enough of a dire threat. That the Broken Shore would be a fel-corrupted wasteland was inevitable. But even then, Blizzard made the Tomb far more varied in the time than something like the Black Temple.

Now we're getting Argus. A planet that's been burning in felfire for over 16.000 years. And even there, Blizzard is giving us variation to just demons and fel. If you're asking yourself how anything exists on Argus that isn't black, green or a demon: The main reason is because Blizzard is trying hard to keep us from getting fatigued with it. Even stretching what's realistic, just to avoid it.

So yeah, am I tired of demons and fel? Having walked around on the PTR, I'd have to say, not quite yet. But I will definitely be, by the time this expansion ends. And I don't really blame Blizzard for that one.
    They arent trying hard enough, in my opinion. Take WotLK as an example. Just because it was mainly about LK, dks and scourge, we still never got tired of the enviroment art or NPC models. The only thing that got us bored (as usual) were the time between last raid and new expansion. Same thing happened in every expansion.

Deleted
    I've been sick of the Legion ever since they were introduced honestly.

I like the way MoP handled antagonists, there were the Mogu, the Zandalaari, the Sha, and then Garrosh and his forces.

Having faction being the main enemy is honestly pretty dull.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-08-24 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Soo... 1st you don't want orcs and now demons...

Have you ever considered that perhaps you just don't like warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Soo... 1st you don't want orcs and now demons...

Have you ever considered that perhaps you just don't like warcraft?
    I like orcs and demons it's just that it's been SoO (which lasted forever) and the whole of WoD has been very much orc centered and HFC and whole of legion has been demon related. Let's take wrath : you had old god, LK, anub arak and nerubians, Trial of the champions which was a variation of themes.

Deleted
    I am pretty mutch done with world/universe ending threats.
    I want to return to small conflicts between races because of different political point of views.
    You cant keep going bigger and bigger forever unless we go dragonball Z with warcraft.