Thread: Remove EQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Earthquake should have the Starfall radius. I mean... Earthquakes can make tremble gigantic zones in real life...

    In my opinion de best idea is the toggable one, constantly draining maelstrom while active, that way you can replace it at will. It would also match better the fantasy, it feels weird to create several EQ at the very same place.

    But I believe they can't do it work because none of the toggable abilities in game are targetted but built around the player.

  2. #42
    Something like Stormkeeper should be the Maelstrom spender next expansion.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Something like Stormkeeper should be the Maelstrom spender next expansion.
    oh man 100 maelstrom for a stormkeeper no CD, thats the fucking dream!

    then of course since you'll never use it for lightning bolt or single target ES is better.

    just buff lightning bolt damage by 100%, it currently hits for nothing anyway of course castable on the move to fix elementals mobility issues, single target fixed.

    these 3 lines make elemental better than 1 million blizz devs ever could, if blizz devs were a currency they would be the zimbabwean dollar, because no matter how much you have it's worthless HAHAHA!
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-10-31 at 07:24 PM.

  4. #44
    Also, for people who are frustrated with Earthquake targeter, you can just macro

    /cast [@cursor] Earthquake

    and it will automatically drop Earthquake at your mouse location without having to click, so you can spam 3-4 back to back very rapidly in between stormkeeper chains.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not about complexity but rather choice, Maelstrom might as well be called "Earthometer" for Elemental because there are no serious spenders besides EQ and Earth shock.

    Elemental Blast could consume Maelstrom, Liquid Magma Totem could consume maelstrom.

    The fact Ascendance just straight out ignores the Maelstrom Mechanic as whole is just bad design, if people should use ES while Ascendance => Ascendance should "buff" ES as well (or transform for that matter), if people should not use ES while Ascendance => Block Maelstrom generation from Lvb during Ascendance, buff Ascendance for compensation.
    This posts a bit old but I just saw it and thought it'd be good to mention.

    Ascendance actually did change earth shock near the start of legion alpha. It turned it into lava shock and it did like 4x damage. They scrapped it in the second or third build. No idea why since they never commented on it, but probably something to do with ascendance being way too strong as a talent with that baked in too.

  6. #46
    Me too I really hate Earthquake. I believe many people like me made a shaman just to cast chain lightning all day in dungeons. With the addition of earthquake, we feel like they were forced to nerf CL to make us use EQ. It is very annoying. I just wanna see lightning everywhere.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Me too I really hate Earthquake. I believe many people like me made a shaman just to cast chain lightning all day in dungeons. With the addition of earthquake, we feel like they were forced to nerf CL to make us use EQ. It is very annoying. I just wanna see lightning everywhere.
    And i'm sure many Shamans would rather do something other than pressing one button to aoe. That's not fun, as cool as lightning is and Chain lightning is only good against a small number of targets anyway. Or it should be. We need another button to press.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I like that. You could go even further and say if you Earth Shock a target under the effects of EQ, primary target and all targets around it who are also effected by EQ take X amount of damage (call it Aftershock or Tremor or w/e). Under this, reduce EQ's damage and increase its duration to 10 seconds again. You could even make the Earth Shock cast during this give a guaranteed knock-down, and reduce the % chance of EQ knocking mobs down to compensate the increased control.
    Better still, ES during EQ would create a strait line fissure doing damage that way, and add a really cool class flair. Actually I think in generally ES should be a "Fissure" style skill that does damage in a straight line. Because as skill goes, ES and FS are by far the blandest in WoW. Even Shadow Priest got some flair to it's basically instant travel spells.

  9. #49
    Not that we use EQ much in PvP outside of like RBG spinning or silvershard mines etc. But Id be curious to see a EQ that was a channel, had a bigger range, and a slow to keep them in. It would be cool if it was a maelstrom spender per tick. Build up with CL, start channeling, mobs die or move? np you still got was MS you got left, and can re channel to where they moved. To compensate for the channel and not insta, buff dmg and knockdown chance. Would be interesting to see it in practice.

  10. #50
    I like stacking a whole bunch of earthquakes, autoproc for my ring and much burstier than what chainlightning spam would be. Specially with our low mastery builds..

    It actually requires some sort of thinking process when CL starts overloading a ton and you need to manage your maelstrom quickly.
    Last edited by Demos89; 2017-12-05 at 07:52 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    I like stacking a whole bunch of earthquakes, autoproc for my ring and much burstier than what chainlightning spam would be. Specially with our low mastery builds..

    It actually requires some sort of thinking process when CL starts overloading a ton and you need to manage your maelstrom quickly.
    Agreed, I actually like EQ its one of the best dungeon skills in the game and one of my favorite as Ele. Use the @cursor macro and get good with it.

    Lightning Rod AoE rotation + EQ involved more thought and paying attention then most AoE rotations for other specs.

    Stormkeeper --> CL --> EQ X 2 (3 if aftershock) --> Tab CL --> EQ X 1-2 Tab CL --> EQ 1-2

    Perfecting this rotation takes time, but it is fun. Not only that but in a dungeon you have knocked down/ interrupted each mob 4-6 times.

    Maelstrom and the mechanic may suck but EQ rules

  12. #52
    I think it should be similar to Fury of Air for Enhance and it should not have a GCD.

    IF they don't want to spend resources reworking it to do something altogether different, that would be a way to salvage it until then. CL spam is better DPS and EQ is too easy to move out of, kill both at once, reduce its dmg if the GCD removal is too gewd.

    I actually do like EQ as a spell, but i don't like how little reward i get for it for its flaws.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    And i'm sure many Shamans would rather do something other than pressing one button to aoe. That's not fun, as cool as lightning is and Chain lightning is only good against a small number of targets anyway. Or it should be. We need another button to press.
    Clearly you dont play a shaman. Pressing Chain lightning all day to AOE and seeing a lot of lightning is the most fun thing in the game. Many people play a shaman just to cast chain lightning and EQ is killing it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    don't like it? no i don't like the people who make the changes and leave the spec massively underpowered.

    added to ignore list.
    So highlighting the guy you ignored, that warrants a death threat?

    Grow up kiddo

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So highlighting the guy you ignored, that warrants a death threat?

    Grow up kiddo
    1 it's not a threat
    2 the post was 4 months old
    3 the person then flamed me
    4 you then flamed me, why don't you fuck off before you're ignored "kiddo"

  16. #56
    I would like to see a damage and/or duration increase for the amount of maelstrom you spend on an EQ. I waste a lot of GCDs trying to dump it, and it would be much nicer to get rid of it all at once (like earth shock).

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Clearly you dont play a shaman. Pressing Chain lightning all day to AOE and seeing a lot of lightning is the most fun thing in the game. Many people play a shaman just to cast chain lightning and EQ is killing it.
    That's a silly statement.

    In AoE we're still spamming Chain Lightning and using a quick Global for an EQ bound to an @cursor macro doesn't "kill" anything. Spam Chain Lightning, keep your mouse over the pack and hit your EQ key with enough Maelstrom then go back to Chain Lightning spam after one Global.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Clearly you dont play a shaman. Pressing Chain lightning all day to AOE and seeing a lot of lightning is the most fun thing in the game. Many people play a shaman just to cast chain lightning and EQ is killing it.
    Clearly i do play a Shaman, and one button has never been, or ever will be, fun. You still press it an absolute ton even with Earthquake.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Clearly i do play a Shaman, and one button has never been, or ever will be, fun. You still press it an absolute ton even with Earthquake.
    Amen mate! Fight the boredom, i hate one button 'rotations'

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    I would like to see a damage and/or duration increase for the amount of maelstrom you spend on an EQ. I waste a lot of GCDs trying to dump it, and it would be much nicer to get rid of it all at once (like earth shock).
    This would be really nice, then you could make more decisions surrounding EQ based on how long adds will live, how much you need the extra knockdowns.
    Dump a 50 MS EQ or keep going until you can drop 1 stronger 100 MS EQ.

    This adds more balancing to the class though, since EQ is not a straightforward as ES. And at this point i feel like nothing in the game will be done if it even has a chance to add more balancing issues since they obviously hate balancing classes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •