7.3 Best Follower Set Up

Hey all, fresh 110 here. Sorry if it's already been answered .

I was wondering what the best follower set ups people had going were?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Disable Calydus and the orc with his head on fire.

Lucy, Chewbacca and Connie Lingus

Given all the stacking super equipment from Argus, you can pretty much go with whatever. Just try and have 2 of each spec, and go with whatever other abilities you find most useful. The 7th slot is free, though Meatball is very good if you want to bother getting him.

Personally, the only follower I find notably more useful than the rest is Kira Iresoul, as her healthstones allow you to select Felguard Brutes in your Order Hall talents and after recruiting two respec to the other talent in the tier - effectively giving you both, as long as you don't let the Felguards die. With Iresoul's Healthstone you can just heal them back up after missions and keep them around forever (be careful not to kill them though as you won't be able to recruit new ones without the talent).

Which followers you pick didn't really matter before 7.3, and it doesn't really matter now that you're in 7.3. Just make sure you have an even spread of counters and specs.

Yeah, Kira Iresoul is good if you want to have 7 followers and Felguards, but I'm reaching the conclusion that it's more of a hassle than it's worth. The felguards aren't really that great and half the time I don't use them when I can because I don't have a healthstone to heal them up with.

Make sure to do Brawlers guild and get meatball. His set up is excellent and can solo most missions. Also he has a chance to leave a orb in your bags that increases mission success by 20 or 25%. The orbs also stack, meaning you can use the orbs on the 3 members on the group if you have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Which followers you pick didn't really matter before 7.3, and it doesn't really matter now that you're in 7.3. Just make sure you have an even spread of counters and specs.

Yeah, Kira Iresoul is good if you want to have 7 followers and Felguards, but I'm reaching the conclusion that it's more of a hassle than it's worth. The felguards aren't really that great and half the time I don't use them when I can because I don't have a healthstone to heal them up with.
    Not true, each class has some followers that are significantly worse than others.

Optimizing your followers with gear helps you clear mission board much more quickly.

Use the guide as a starting point:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._guide_for_72/

Quote Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post
    Not true, each class has some followers that are significantly worse than others.

Optimizing your followers with gear helps you clear mission board much more quickly.

Use the guide as a starting point:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._guide_for_72/
    I clear missions just fine relying on common sense.

But if you want to waste time and brainpower min/maxing follower missions then be my guest.

There's no brainpower nor time to be wasted on getting the best setup.
    If you don't have the most optimal setup then you are either lazy or not really good at seeing the full picture.

1. Deactivate all followers where the 2nd trait does nothing for mission success chance (e.g. -duration, +1health for troops etc.)
    2. Get a balanced amount of each counter
    3. Get Meatball
    4. Equip them with +40% for 8hrs+/+20%/+15% (Vial/Hammer/Fetish)
    5. done

Depending on what legendary follower items you get, you maybe want to go full WQ support with one follower to get bonus gold/ap/ressources.
    But dont use Meatball, he may be the best follower in the game, on missions and in the open world, but he's way better out doing missions, giving a huge % boost and collecting balls to boost for another 20% on demand, than killing some heavy rares at 20% life.

Edit: And always get the 7th follower instead of the new troop, they are all inferior to a 7th follower.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-09-12 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Thing have changed if you have been moving through the Argus quest line to increase your followers level to 925/950. At 925 you start to get blue quality items and at 950 you get epic items. (You will get the new blue items once you have the quest to raise them to 925 and the epic items once you have the quest to get them to 950.)

From there it is possible to 200% every mission with one follower.

Each follower counters something: Hazard, Spells, Minions.
    The three new troop type counter Hazard, Spells or Minions.
    New items for each ability counter by 30% 40% 50%
    Using the new items you can get 120% success from items alone, new troop adds more.
    Match your counter items with your corresponding follower combined with one of the new troop types and done.

So now I just have two followers for each type (hazard, spell, minion). Every mission, 200%, every time, with one follower.

I prefer using Calydus as the assigned combat ally. I complete a lot of world quests and enjoy the extra gold, resources and AP. I hate having followers running around attacking crap, Calydus just gives you an on use ability without the headache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post
    Thing have changed if you have been moving through the Argus quest line to increase your followers level to 925/950. At 925 you start to get blue quality items and at 950 you get epic items. (You will get the new blue items once you have the quest to raise them to 925 and the epic items once you have the quest to get them to 950.)

From there it is possible to 200% every mission with one follower.

Each follower counters something: Hazard, Spells, Minions.
    The three new troop type counter Hazard, Spells or Minions.
    New items for each ability counter by 30% 40% 50%
    Using the new items you can get 120% success from items alone, new troop adds more.
    Match your counter items with your corresponding follower combined with one of the new troop types and done.

So now I just have two followers for each type (hazard, spell, minion). Every mission, 200%, every time, with one follower.

I prefer using Calydus as the assigned combat ally. I complete a lot of world quests and enjoy the extra gold, resources and AP. I hate having followers running around attacking crap, Calydus just gives you an on use ability without the headache.
    So you aren't using Meatball? Thought about giving him up since I'm missing 2x Spell Lock which is often enough the bonus loot on missions..

Disable the Worgen, and the Eredar Twins. Use Lulubelle as a body guard. Equip followers with what they're already good at, e.g., put spell success chance stuff on Kira. I can 200% 5 or 6 missions at a time.