Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've never seen my warlock as any kind of deal maker with her demons.

they're all enslaved, and my three different succubi all have different personalities.

the idea of forcefully enslaving them is so much cooler and more powerful feeling.
    Never heard of pacts?
    warlocks make TONS of deals with demons, hell there is atleast 5 quests of you making deals with demons, one of them not even being just a warlock quest (working with the imp in aszuna)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Never heard of pacts?
    warlocks make TONS of deals with demons, hell there is atleast 5 quests of you making deals with demons, one of them not even being just a warlock quest (working with the imp in aszuna)
    i would think of that as something a lesser warlock does, or an evil one.

i'm above that, i am a bit more hateful than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Our relationship with demons is that they're enslaved, fantasy wise it wouldn't be weird at all for us to run around enslaving more for whatever trivial reason we feel like.

I imagine it has more to do with the work involved than anything to do with lore or what have you.
    To be clear, I was less referring to the ability to just get any demon and more to having models and abilities separate, as hunters do - any hunter pet can be set to one of three specs, which are practically identical. Outside of exotics (BM-only), what pet you are using is basically only an aesthetic choice. Which is very much NOT the case for warlocks, where the pets are functionally very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    We do in PvP.
    Doesn't seduction have diminishing returns with fear? Don't you lose an interrupt?

i would think of that as something a lesser warlock does, or an evil one.

i'm above that, i am a bit more hateful than that.
    Alot of warlock, even some of the most famous make pacts.

For example guldan? you know, how he made a pact with archimonde, and kiljaden. twice

Alot of warlock, even some of the most famous make pacts.

For example guldan? you know, how he made a pact with archimonde, and kiljaden. twice
    yeah, evil.

i know a lot do it, but i'd rather exert my will over them, make them suffer.

i always think about what kind of magic user i'd be if it were real, and i think about binding demons or undead. creating not just normal binding spells, but torturous ones. ones that somehow cause them terrible pain while they do what i want. when banished, a pocket dimension where they suffer constantly until i call them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    To be clear, I was less referring to the ability to just get any demon and more to having models and abilities separate, as hunters do - any hunter pet can be set to one of three specs, which are practically identical. Outside of exotics (BM-only), what pet you are using is basically only an aesthetic choice. Which is very much NOT the case for warlocks, where the pets are functionally very different.
    Yeah I see what you mean, that's more why I think it hasn't happened due to the work involved than anything else.

IIRC hunter pets were functionally very different as well once upon a time, but they homogenized.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

yeah, evil.

i know a lot do it, but i'd rather exert my will over them, make them suffer.

i always think about what kind of magic user i'd be if it were real, and i think about binding demons or undead. creating not just normal binding spells, but torturous ones. ones that somehow cause them terrible pain while they do what i want. when banished, a pocket dimension where they suffer constantly until i call them back.
    You do know constantly making them suffer is not even what our warlocks do. if you do that they will despise you, and wish to betray you, they will plan and work on killing you, they will not be scared of you, because they have nothing to lose if they try to kill you.
    If they stay with you they are tortured, if they kill you they will be thanked and praised by the legion.

or do you just have a torture fetish?

You do know constantly making them suffer is not even what our warlocks do. if you do that they will despise you, and wish to betray you, they will plan and work on killing you, they will not be scared of you, because they have nothing to lose if they try to kill you.
    If they stay with you they are tortured, if they kill you they will be thanked and praised by the legion.

or do you just have a torture fetish?
    when you have something bound to your will, it cannot strike against you unless released from that binding, or you summoned it without having the power to bind it like willfred fizzlebang.

i don't have a torture fetish actually, i'm quite averse to that. but for evil things that are truly evil, it would be wonderful for them.

Speaking of stuff we don't get, what ever happened to glyphs that change spell colors ect.. Wasn't that going to be a thing?

OT for real, if anything gets replaced I hope it is the big ass doomgaurd.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

when you have something bound to your will, it cannot strike against you unless released from that binding, or you summoned it without having the power to bind it like willfred fizzlebang.

i don't have a torture fetish actually, i'm quite averse to that. but for evil things that are truly evil, it would be wonderful for them.
    They dont need to strike you, what they need to do is not warn you about a strike, or not soak a blow for you, or hesitate, a demon follower should be scared of you, but still wish to protect you knowing they could be rewarded, but overall they need to know you are in charge, and if they fail you, they will not like it
    but if they are allways tortured, how much worse can something get?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Speaking of stuff we don't get, what ever happened to glyphs that change spell colors ect.. Wasn't that going to be a thing?

OT for real, if anything gets replaced I hope it is the big ass doomgaurd.
    Got a source for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    So in 7.3 there are a lot of new models for Shivarras and the models also have updated textures yet the Glyph of Shivarra for the Warlocks is still using the outdated model, why don't they just update the textures of the playable Shivarra since they already have the models ready?
    Vengeance on Xelnath likely.

They dont need to strike you, what they need to do is not warn you about a strike, or not soak a blow for you, or hesitate, a demon follower should be scared of you, but still wish to protect you knowing they could be rewarded, but overall they need to know you are in charge, and if they fail you, they will not like it
    but if they are allways tortured, how much worse can something get?
    they can't not do what you tell them to, they're bound. their mind is there, they can speak, but they must obey what you say.

if something happens, you can take them on a nice trip to the nether to suffer true death.

Demons should be a largely utility choice at this point in the games lifetime, its retarded each spec is locked into one specific demon for 99% of the time DPS wise. Enslave demon should just be used to get different skins if you so desire of a family of demons (like hunters). The reasoning for it to not behave this way is outdated, hunters no longer have to feed their pets, loyality isnt a thing, etc.

Dps wise, they should all be the same except the tanking pet and the demonology pet. Should be mainly for utility, so its a choice.

Casters- Imps, Fel Imps, Wyrmtounges

Anti Magic- Felhunters, Observers, Inquistors

CC- Succubus, Shivarra, Jailers

Tanky- Voidwalkers, Voidlords, Voidterrors

Brutes(Demo)- Felguards, Wrathguards, Mo'arg, Fel Lords

Got a source for that?
    I'll try and dig it up, I am almost positive it was in the dev chat videos pre-legion with Ion Hazzikostas and that white guy with an afro.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want better weapon models for Felguard/Wrath guard....

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Vengeance on Xelnath likely.
    Xelnath is working on a better company now, Riot Games is part of Tencent which has billions more money than Activision Blizzard (they even own a part of Activision) so if they are still trying to get revenge on him it means they are very jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Doesn't seduction have diminishing returns with fear? Don't you lose an interrupt?

Yeah it DR's with Fear. The only good thing left that they haven't wrecked with nerfs is it will auto-cast (sometimes) after CC has been used on you.

Warlocks can't be good. Too many autistic hunters and incompetent mages would cry their asses off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Xelnath is working on a better company now, Riot Games is part of Tencent which has billions more money than Activision Blizzard (they even own a part of Activision) so if they are still trying to get revenge on him it means they are very jealous.
    Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if Tencent bought Activision out enough to control Blizzard and Xelnath was named as one of the new lead Devs?
    The amount of salt Celestalon would have would be over 9000. Haven't respected him or Jay Wilson since they said "Fuck that guy" about the critical reception D3 was given by the designer of D1. I mean I like their work, but they reek of the entitled millennial bullshit "punish/attack anyone we disagree with", that by my estimates has destroyed the company's work. Legion is proving a welcome change though.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2017-08-27 at 10:32 PM.

Guys they said they weren't working on us this time around. We'll get a spell/casting animation overhaul eventually. It will prolly come with the class rework.

Homophobia is so gay.