Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How many times must I repeat this.

They. Had. Damage. Tied. In. From. The. Start.

Mercy had to sacrifice her healing to DO damage. But as a trade off, her single target healing is stronger than either of theirs since she can't do both at once. That is, as a Mercy player, what I ENJOYED.

Now her ultimate is pushing that offensive part far too much. She's going to have more movement than Genji. Just think about that.
    She has a larger hitbox than Genji. She's going to be far more predictable to hitscans like Widowmaker and Soldier 76. More often than not, Mercy is going to be hiding behind cover to heal her team or give them damage boost. She isn't going in like God raised Rambo into the Archangel of War. Her damage is getting nerfed and I suspect there's going to be a couple more adjustments.

You will not be expected to go in guns blazing because you have newfound movement. It's going to be used more defensively than anything despite the new row of shiny new teeth to her gun. People will want to be healed/boosted over a 20 second DPS spree. You will also be flying into danger to make the most out of your low CD Resurrection E.

If you are concerned with being able to shoot her while flying... I literally don't know what to tell you without sounding like one of those Dark Souls cretins who think they are clever.

She may have more mobility than Genji for 20seconds (or lower depending how it survives the PTR) but she sure doesn't have the defenses of Genji. I have thought about this and I can't fucking wait for her to go live.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

You are completely missing the point then, or you have too much faith in the overwatch community.

People will start to pick Mercy for the wrong reason of using her ult to attack now.

People will see Mercy quad kills and expect that of people playing Mercy now, because hey, you can use Zens ult to heal, and Orisas ult for damage. Also, stacking up is usually horrible in overwatch anyway, with characters like Junkrat, Pharah, Me, Zarya, etc.

Gut the offense from her ult. That's my two cents. Leave her as the healer that people play her for already, don't try to change her to be more offensive with her ult to appeal to those who didn't like her.

You are completely missing the point then, or you have too much faith in the overwatch community.

People will start to pick Mercy for the wrong reason of using her ult to attack now.
    How the absolute fuck is that any different from picking Torbjorn on Attack Hanamura? Terrible players will make terrible decisions. Troll players will make troll decisions. I didn't hear anyone make the argument "don't rework Symmetra because people will start to pick her to troll teammates off the edge of the map."

I have enough faith to know that the Overwatch community has some shitters, but by and large the vast majority will try to win the game even if what they are doing is mechanically pants-on-head retarded.

People will see Mercy quad kills and expect that of people playing Mercy now, because hey, you can use Zens ult to heal, and Orisas ult for damage. Also, stacking up is usually horrible in overwatch anyway, with characters like Junkrat, Pharah, Me, Zarya, etc.
    They can feel inspired on seeing lightning-in-a-bottle occurences to try and get Mercy quad-kills. That is their right to do as a free-willed fucking individual. They will learn real fucking quick why they only see it in Silver league and below, on Rapida videos or Overwatch WTF Moments; because it will almost never happen against a decent team.

Gut the offense from her ult. That's my two cents. Leave her as the healer that people play her for already, don't try to change her to be more offensive with her ult to appeal to those who didn't like her.
    This rework was not done to entice DPS players. Jester baby, I love you, you do great work in the HotS forums, but I am fucking gobsmacked you think Mercy (while Ulted) is in any shape, form, or corporeality on the same level of even the worst Offense class.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-08-25 at 06:57 AM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Blizz has admitted Mercy's gun during the ult is a bit to strong atm. You can expect to see some nerfs on the next PTR build.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said earlier it sounds cool. But this should be a new hero. Such drastic changes, to one of the most popular heroes in the game is a hell of a risk to take. I feel like it's a level of change that they wouldn't risk with Genji. I see a lot of people who actually play her - I mean, they're the most important in this - are really pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I said earlier it sounds cool. But this should be a new hero. Such drastic changes, to one of the most popular heroes in the game is a hell of a risk to take. I feel like it's a level of change that they wouldn't risk with Genji. I see a lot of people who actually play her - I mean, they're the most important in this - are really pissed.
    They've said since the beginning that heroes would go through reworks every now and then.

The reason they are making such drastic changes is because of the flood of Mercy one-tricks cheating their way up in Competitive while ruining games with more than 1 mercy main. I'd imagine that wouldn't be all that uncommon seeing as Jeff said she's the most popular hero atm.

I'd imagine a good few Mercy mains would be pissed because they don't want to loss their status, but yeah, that's what this change is designed to be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made it a new hero everyone would whine it was too similar to Mercy and it should've just been a rework for her.
    I play her, I enjoy playing her, and I'm looking forward to this

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so fixated to her blaster empowerment but not for her chain heal/boost? Blaster will still be a useless crap or last resort weapon when you are left alone against someone. I also wonder how her boost will stack with Orisa. And having a resurrect available from the very beginning is very strong option
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If they made it a new hero everyone would whine it was too similar to Mercy and it should've just been a rework for her.
    I play her, I enjoy playing her, and I'm looking forward to this
    The game has needed more healers since Beta. What Mercy needed was real competition, Ana had provided it in the past, but they didn't want her fighting off flankers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The reason they are making such drastic changes is because of the flood of Mercy one-tricks cheating their way up in Competitive while ruining games with more than 1 mercy main. I'd imagine that wouldn't be all that uncommon seeing as Jeff said she's the most popular hero atm.

I'd imagine a good few Mercy mains would be pissed because they don't want to loss their status, but yeah, that's what this change is designed to be doing.
    Amazing how they can both 'cheat their way up', then obviously suffer by ruining so many games they encounter another Mercy main which costs them SR. IF there was any truth in it, then it's an SR awarding issue, not a hero design one.

Let's face it both D.Va and Mercy changes are about letting DPS heroes press Q and win.

The game has needed more healers since Beta. What Mercy needed was real competition, Ana had provided it in the past, but they didn't want her fighting off flankers.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing how they can both 'cheat their way up', then obviously suffer by ruining so many games they encounter another Mercy main which costs them SR. IF there was any truth in it, then it's an SR awarding issue, not a hero design one.

Let's face it both D.Va and Mercy changes are about letting DPS heroes press Q and win.
    You don't see a problem with anything Jeff outlined in the video? Playing hide and seek with ults instead of actually healing? It takes a lot less skill and ults to undo a team wipe with a single Mercy ult than it does for the other team to wipe yours.

Personally I think Mercy is due for a good redesign.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't see a problem with anything Jeff outlined in the video? Playing hide and seek with ults instead of actually healing? It takes a lot less skill and ults to undo a team wipe with a single Mercy ult than it does for the other team to wipe yours.

You literally said right there, 'it undoes the press Q and win.' Was the same complaint about DM.

- - - Updated - - -

She had to heal and stuff to generate ult. It's generally better to keep people alive as long as you can, and only resort to hiding once you start to lose ground. Nothing wrong with that. There's some weird exaggerated myths about how she worked.

Deleted
    Because Mercy has been a healer support from the start.

That has been her core design.
    Her ultimate will still be a healing support ultimate, more so than before, since she'll be able to heal in AoE far better than Ana or Lucio ever could. If some morons want to cry about how you should fly out there and try to take out the whole enemy team, let them cry in their ignorance, that shit won't work nearly as well as in that video, at best you will be a slightly stronger Pharah for 20 seconds. You'd be better off healing/damage boosting your entire team.

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally said right there, 'it undoes the press Q and win.' Was the same complaint about DM.
    No, it just moves it from the DPS to Mercy. The enemy just wiped your entire team? Press Q, they're all now alive again, and you just won.
    The difference is that until you press Q you have to hide because otherwise you're dead and you lost.

So glad to see the "hide and go fuck yourself while the team dies so you can swoop in and res" get scrapped. Such a stupid gameplay mechanic, Good riddance. Not sure what to think about the new ultimate yet, but the change to res sounds fantastic.

Deleted

Mercy mains are ruining the games now are they? Can't be any worse than the vast number of DPS mains I've encountered who refuse to pick tank or support. I've played 100 % mercy every season and worked my way up to Grandmaster from Platinum, and almost never encounter another Mercy main. I do encounter other support mains, people who solely play Lucio or Zenyatta, and plenty of DPS mains, but not Mercy mains.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Mercy mains are ruining the games now are they? Can't be any worse than the vast number of DPS mains I've encountered who refuse to pick tank or support. I've played 100 % mercy every season and worked my way up to Grandmaster from Platinum, and almost never encounter another Mercy main. I do encounter other support mains, people who solely play Lucio or Zenyatta, and plenty of DPS mains, but not Mercy mains.
    There's no way you haven't run into other Mercy mains, they're honestly pretty common at higher ranks because they rank up real quick compared to some other heroes.

Not trying to call you out here but Mercy mains have been so much of an issue that plenty of big names in the community started complaining quite vocally, which probably put Mercy on the radar as an issue for Blizzard.

I think Mercy one tricks are the most common in the game, I don't really hate them or anything but getting two of them in the same game is a big problem because Mercy currently doesn't teach you how to play any other hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    There's no way you haven't run into other Mercy mains, they're honestly pretty common at higher ranks because they rank up real quick compared to some other heroes.

Not trying to call you out here but Mercy mains have been so much of an issue that plenty of big names in the community started complaining quite vocally, which probably put Mercy on the radar as an issue for Blizzard.

I think Mercy one tricks are the most common in the game, I don't really hate them or anything but getting two of them in the same game is a big problem because Mercy currently doesn't teach you how to play any other hero.
    Really? I don't recall a single time this entire season where I was on the same team as another Mercy main. I believe they might be a lot more common in the lower ranks though, which directly contradicts the assumption that they rank up easily. If they rank up as easily as you and other seem to claim, why do we not see more of them in Grandmaster and Master? The most common support picks are still Zenyatta, Lucio and to a degree Ana.

Lucio has over 50 % pick-rate, Zenyatta's is above Mercy and Ana is about the same in Grandmaster. If she's so easy to climb with, why doesn't her pick-rate stay the same into Grandmaster?
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-08-25 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Really? I don't recall a single time this entire season where I was on the same team as another Mercy main. I believe they might be a lot more common in the lower ranks though, which directly contradicts the assumption that they rank up easily. If they rank up as easily as you and other seem to claim, why do we not see more of them in Grandmaster and Master? The most common support picks are still Zenyatta, Lucio and to a degree Ana.
    I was specifically talking about Master/GM, I'm confident in saying that Mercy might be the most common truly one trick hero at those ranks, not necessarily saying she's the most picked hero overall, I know Lucio and Zen have a higher pick rate overall but those players usually play other heroes too, Mercy mains just stand out a lot more.

Granted this might just be my own experience but it's not exactly an uncommon complaint, it's why Seagull asked that dude at Blizzard if Mercy was getting any changes in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I was specifically talking about Master/GM, I'm confident in saying that Mercy might be the most common truly one trick hero at those ranks, not necessarily saying she's the most picked hero overall, I know Lucio and Zen have a higher pick rate overall but those players usually play other heroes too, Mercy mains just stand out a lot more.

Granted this might just be my own experience but it's not exactly an uncommon complaint, it's why Seagull asked that dude at Blizzard if Mercy was getting any changes in the first place.
    In my experience Lucio and Zenyatta players play Lucio and Zenyatta. Met plenty of them in Grandmaster who have 70+ hours on Lucio/Zenyatta and close to no hours in anything else.