Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

New Mercy Rework on PTR

Courtesy of Anubuis

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mercy

• Resurrect (formerly Mercy’s Ultimate ability)
      • Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
      • Radius reduced to 5 meters
      • Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
      • Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
    • Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)
      • Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
        • Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
        • Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
        • Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
        • Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
        • Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
        • Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage

Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity to make big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.
    Resurrection is now an E ability, 30 second cooldown, can only target one dead teammate.

Ultimate is now Valkyrie, gain infinite ammo, fly freely, empowers beam to heal multiple targets, and I think shortens E cooldown?

I am at work so can't really investigate. If someone can find PTR notes and post them I'll add to this post.

Repeat, this is real.

I for one fucking love it. I no longer have the right to call Mercy players who main her as "Mechanically lazy". This makes her proactive, completely throws out any incentive to "hide-and-seek" and gives her a decent way to avoid Ulting Genji's and Winstons.

10/10 Blizzard. I only wish you gave Roadhog this much thought.

Twitch/GFYcats:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgreeableZanyPoxRaccAttack
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopySteamyHeronLeeroyJenkins
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-08-24 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Thank you Anubuis for the actual changes
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Resurrection is now an E ability, 30 second cooldown, can only target one dead teammate.

Ultimate is now Valkyrie, gain infinite ammo, fly freely, empowers beam to heal multiple targets, and I think shortens E cooldown?

I am at work so can't really investigate. If someone can find PTR notes and post them I'll add to this post.

Repeat, this is real.

I for one fucking love it. I no longer have the right to call Mercy players who main her as "Mechanically lazy". This makes her proactive, completely throws out any incentive to "hide-and-seek" and gives her a decent way to avoid Ulting Genji's and Winstons.

10/10 Blizzard. I only wish you gave Roadhog this much thought.
    hmm seems interesting. although it gives you a way to avoid genji and winston, it means you wont be able to save any teammates either lol because youll be in the air avoiding the dragonblade while ur team gets rekt by it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    hmm seems interesting. although it gives you a way to avoid genji and winston, it means you wont be able to save any teammates either lol because youll be in the air avoiding the dragonblade while ur team gets rekt by it.
    Well, maybe not. Your healing beam jumps to multiple targets now. Think the Shaman's Chain Heal from WoW. Only it's continuous and doesn't do less healing per bounce. It will give them a fighting chance.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mercy

• Resurrect (formerly Mercy’s Ultimate ability)
      • Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
      • Radius reduced to 5 meters
      • Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
      • Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
    • Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)
      • Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
        • Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
        • Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
        • Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
        • Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
        • Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
        • Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage

Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity to make big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.

that is a stupid new ultimate and whenever i get back i will never be using mercy again.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Would be nice to test it...if they PTR would actually let me connect. I know it's up because people are already streaming it, but I think the login-servers died....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    that is a stupid new ultimate and whenever i get back i will never be using mercy again.
    Well... bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck that looks amazing. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Now if only I could get 5 friends so I could play battle mercy

Love the changes! Playing Mercy sometimes is a little boring, waiting for things to happen. Interesting to see how this turns out.

Damn those are some very interesting changes. Can't wait to try them out.

Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-08-24 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freakin nutty changes but I'm on board. Her new ult is going to make her x10 more fun to play

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe not. Your healing beam jumps to multiple targets now. Think the Shaman's Chain Heal from WoW. Only it's continuous and doesn't do less healing per bounce. It will give them a fighting chance.
    It's also got an extended range. I can't link it right now but I saw a gif on the subreddit and you can still heal someone from very far away. Like so far I'm almost certain it'll get nerfed before launch lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow love every part of it and can't wait to try her out.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa. This is probably the most drastic change to a hero since this game has been live.

I think it's good.

A) I agree with the dev comments about Mercy players hiding in combat to wait for that 4X rez.
    B) I didn't like Mercys rezzing teams in QP in shitty spots just to get a 3X. Like if you're going to rez everyone into a High Noon ult just for the achievement ... fuck off.
    C) The empowerment ult probably will make shooting her gun fun.

We'll see how ti goes.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=2#post-37

Geoff Goodman acknowledging that Ulted Pistol is a tad too strong. Will likely be some adjustments.

I foresee duration nerf of 5 seconds, beam chain range nerf, maybe flight speed nerf, and a slight cooldown buff to her resurrection. 30s cooldown in a game of 12s cooldown tops doesn't really feel great.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS/CODwatch

Not enough supports in game to justify these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    DPS/CODwatch

Not enough supports in game to justify these changes.
    /eyeroll

Yes. Reworking an entire character because they were encouraged to play "Hide and Seek" for big rezzes means it's going to be "CoD/DPSWatch".

Sorry, having a team push coordination nullified because your Tracer forgot to check behind the toilet did not make for compelling gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    /eyeroll

Yes. Reworking an entire character because they were encouraged to play "Hide and Seek" for big rezzes means it's going to be "CoD/DPSWatch".

Sorry, having a team push coordination nullified because your Tracer forgot to check behind the toilet did not make for compelling gameplay.
    Ah yeah, every time reaper presses Q its totally team coordinated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ah yeah, every time reaper presses Q its totally team coordinated
    If Reaper Q kills 5 people, that team is going to lose anyway, even if Mercy resses 5.
    In higher ranked games Mercy just goes afk during team fights and then comes out and OH LOOK everyone is alive again, costing the enemy team 2-3 ults, and the entire push is now dead because it's suddenly a 6 v however many is left on the enemy team, because it sure as shit isn't 6, even after a 5v6

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing Mercy was dive meta right? She should be so afk her ult auto locks like the other DPS

- - - Updated - - -

I see so many DPS players on the official forum who just can't wait to play her.... I can;t wait for them to continue insta locking DPS.