Sub AoE rotation

Hello,

Any tips for best opener on an AoE pack 3-5 mobs? Other tips on how to maximize AoE damage would be appreciated. I feel like I'm doing something wrong since my dps sucks on AoE packs compared to other rogues in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-is-Sub-s-AoE

Honestly...literally 4-5 threads down from this.
    Doesn't explain the best opener for AoE pack.

Are we talking like options between shadowstrike and... literally nothing else? or pros and cons of popping cooldowns? honestly I'd assume you just use your single target rotation cause sub aint built for aoe. ShS for adds, put nightblade on multiple targets and burn the evisc buff ShS gives?

edit:
    oh wait.. I forgot ShS also has it's buff from stealth... so you'd use that.

Deleted
    Shuriken during SD, pop sd before dfa to buff the initial aoe bit. You regain SD charges pretty fast on packs as you can shuriken, evisc, shuriken etc.
    I just drop a nb on the toughest target to buff the evisc damage on it and dump.
    Think you can nb spread if things live long enough tho.

I use dreadlords cloak and open with shuriken out of stealth for a juicy burst. Drop a nb then go ham.

Whats the reason behind not using shuriken while in stealth?

Never use shuriken directly out of stealth with cloak legy and dfa build!!!
    You lose massive amounts of burst aoe.

For really lazy people:
    Assuming you have legy shoulders, cloak and glaive trinket.
    You have everything ready (2 shd charges, buffed cloak and trinkets etc.)
    Your tank pulls the pack. You use sod followed by a shadowstrike+nightblade on the add with the most hp, followed by an shd.
    Now you have 30%+25% buffed damag, still the 100% crit buff and 15% damage on main target
    Now you use your glaive trinket+shuriken followed by dfa into more shuriken and eviscerates.

And that is all the magic. Keep NB on maintarget (in really high m+ on more targets if you like), spam shuriken, use shd and dumb eviscerates into maintarget.

Edit: It is no science but also no hope for bomb proc and pray

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    Never use shuriken directly out of stealth with cloak legy and dfa build!!!
    You lose massive amounts of burst aoe.

For really lazy people:
    Assuming you have legy shoulders, cloak and glaive trinket.
    You have everything ready (2 shd charges, buffed cloak and trinkets etc.)
    Your tank pulls the pack. You use sod followed by a shadowstrike+nightblade on the add with the most hp, followed by an shd.
    Now you have 30%+25% buffed damag, still the 100% crit buff and 15% damage on main target
    Now you use your glaive trinket+shuriken followed by dfa into more shuriken and eviscerates.

And that is all the magic. Keep NB on maintarget (in really high m+ on more targets if you like), spam shuriken, use shd and dumb eviscerates into maintarget.

Edit: It is no science but also no hope for bomb proc and pray
    Cool man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    shadow dance has more +dmg% while also giving you any bonus dmg from stealth.

so the idea is that you engage, get shadow dance active and any other dmg boost effects and THEN pop the storm. If you don't have Dreadlord's Deceit it doesn't matter as much since you're not going to have much difference between ShS hits if you miss time it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    shadow dance has more +dmg% while also giving you any bonus dmg from stealth.

so the idea is that you engage, get shadow dance active and any other dmg boost effects and THEN pop the storm. If you don't have Dreadlord's Deceit it doesn't matter as much since you're not going to have much difference between ShS hits if you miss time it once.