Thread: druid tips

10+ Year Old Account

druid tips

what is the best time/scenario to use these cards: wild growth, innervate, nourish ?
    what is best used with fandral staghelm ? assuming u play it same turn.
    also first jade idol, better to play or shuffle it ?

i gotta say playing with druid is like thinking on another level, so many choices
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Never ever shuffle your first Idol. In fact, only shuffle Idols when you're close to the end of your deck and can pull multiple at once with Nourish/UI etc, or if you have Fandral down.

Idol is a shit card to have in your opener, because it doesn't ramp, but if you get it in your opening hand then you might as well go ahead and put a 1/1 on the board.

Wild Growth - use this ASAP unless you need to make a board play more urgently. Coin it on 1 if you have a 3-cost play, never Coin it if you dont (essentially just waste your coin; hang onto it and play WG on 2). Coin-WG turn 1 into Jade Blossom/Tar Creeper/Crypt Lord turn 2 is a strong play. Coin-WG turn 1 into Hero Power turn 2 because you don't have a play is fucking stupid.

If you're near the mana cap, consider what WG will do for you. At 10 mana, it's a 2mana Draw A Card spell (or more if you're running Auctioneer). However perhaps you're on 8 mana and reeeeeally wanna UI next turn. It's better to WG now and get that one final ramp into order to make your power turn ASAP

Innervate - this is the most flexible and versatile card in the game. Use it whenever you need two more mana to make a strong play. Don't waste it just to hero power and hit face. That's about it.

Nourish - if you have it in your early hand, use it to ramp. At 7 mana+, use it to draw. Do note that the 2 extra mana applies AFTER the cost is paid, so if you use Nourish on 10 with Fandral up, for example, it will pay 5 mana and then give you two more, bringing you back to seven, even though your cap doesn't increase.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    what about aya the fempanda ?
    play her asap (even turn 5 without innervate) with weak golems, or wait for late game for bigger jades ? or it doesnt matter at all ?

i see different versions of jade druid that include some different cards that arent core like: feral rage, earthen scales, mire keeper, gadgetzan auctioneer.
    cant include all of in the deck so gotta choose. what can u say about those cards ? like the best combo u can come up with.

im currently trying out auctioneer but i think double UI is better. not enough cheap spells to rly benefit from auctioneer as much as dirty trick rogues

Early on, the 3/6 taunt elephant is better then Aya(name escapes me). Later on, Aya is better, as the Deathrattle puts a lot of pressure on your opponent(do I kill it and spawn another strong Jade or leave a 5 attack minion up?).

Feral Rage and Earthen Scale MIGHT be one ofs now, but you certainly don't play two. Auctioneer is phased out because you get plenty of card draw with Ultimate Aids...err Ultimate INfestation. Mire Keeper is played to ramp faster(the faster you get to 10, the faster you can UI).

10+ Year Old Account
    alright, where teh fuck is board clear as druid ? swipe ? u cant even kill aggro with it as murlocs and pirates buff too high
    pala got full clear with equality+consecration, warlock got twisting nether and doom. mage, priest flamestrike and dragonfire.

swipe is measly 4 dmg to a single target and 1 to others which as i said cant even kill aggro decks

jade is hated so much for being 'op' but funnily enough i got the lowest winrate with that deck and oscillate around rank 13

All I know is, cat is for fight. :3 meow?

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any way to keep track of your cards in deck like u see on trump or kripps vids. like what cards are left in the deck
    i lose count on jade idols easily

10+ Year Old Account
    Pen and paper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    alright, where teh fuck is board clear as druid ? swipe ? u cant even kill aggro with it as murlocs and pirates buff too high
    pala got full clear with equality+consecration, warlock got twisting nether and doom. mage, priest flamestrike and dragonfire.

swipe is measly 4 dmg to a single target and 1 to others which as i said cant even kill aggro decks

jade is hated so much for being 'op' but funnily enough i got the lowest winrate with that deck and oscillate around rank 13
    Jade Druid "board clear" besides Swipe is mostly through trading with snowballing minions, taunts (esp Jade Behemoth and Spreading Plague, sometimes Tar Creeper) and Primordial Drakes

They are indeed susceptible to hyper-aggro decks, and have very little in the way of clearance when they have totally lost the board.

That's just how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

is there any way to keep track of your cards in deck like u see on trump or kripps vids. like what cards are left in the deck
    i lose count on jade idols easily
    If you don't use a deck tracker (an overlay application on PC) then it's just a case of being able to count in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    If you don't use a deck tracker (an overlay application on PC) then it's just a case of being able to count in your head.
    well im not able to do that especially when i shuffle them back and forth with fandral and nourish etc

is that application legit and safe ? like unbannable and not something i can get keylogged with ? do ppl actually use that ? i would be interested
    can i make use of it with a single screen or would i need another one in which case id be sad

15+ Year Old Account
    well im not able to do that especially when i shuffle them back and forth with fandral and nourish etc

is that application legit and safe ? like unbannable and not something i can get keylogged with ? do ppl actually use that ? i would be interested
    can i make use of it with a single screen or would i need another one in which case id be sad
    I dunno, I don't use one

Just takes practise. It doesn't take long to get used to counting Idols.

I'm starting to see Swipe get phased out. Honestly it was always a pretty weak card as a board clear, it was largely used for single target removal with the AOE damage being a plus. It was only a good AOE when it used to be paired with Thalnos or Azure Drake way back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright im having huge problems against aggro decks as jade. pirate warrior, murloc pala, token druid, zoo warlock all destroy me in 4-6 turns.
    how can u possibly play against this ? someone said earlier that jade way of board clear is to trade off with golems, but u simply cant do that in such a short time.

i tried several things like spreading plague + doomsayer which is just too late, doomsayer + druid of the swarm which aggro decks chew through with ease. even tried naturalize which is so freaking bad, giving cards to aggro or another jade is death sentence.

there is simply no good answer against agressive decks

alright im having huge problems against aggro decks as jade. pirate warrior, murloc pala, token druid, zoo warlock all destroy me in 4-6 turns.
    how can u possibly play against this ? someone said earlier that jade way of board clear is to trade off with golems, but u simply cant do that in such a short time.
    You don't have a favorable matchup against aggressive decks but it isn't really as bad as you make it out to be here. Spreading Plague is quite effective, as is an early Jade Behemoth. I assume you play the 2x Mind Control Tech version also. Improvements in this matchup will mostly consist of you learning how to play Jade Druid better, not changing your deck composition to have a favorable aggro matchup which isn't really possible.

I have a ridiculously low win rate vs exodia mage. I have I have teched in eater of secrets at the expense of a crypt lord. Wise?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomzor View Post
    I have a ridiculously low win rate vs exodia mage. I have I have teched in eater of secrets at the expense of a crypt lord. Wise?
    You can also tech Dirty Rat - I'm assuming by Crypt Lord you're playing taunt druid?

It's decent tech against several decks (Jade, pulling Spirit/Behemoth without the golem spawn etc... Evolve Sham pulling DG's before the evolve combo... Exodia Mage obv... Exodia Pally pulling their Beardo if you fuck up and give them coins) whereas Eater is only good tech against ONE deck and unless you're able to immediately follow with lethal they'll just put another Block up.

There's nothing wrong with a deck tracker. It doesn't give you any information which you don't have already which you can't know or remember yourself.

Personally I find them usful. it's like using a mod in WoW to make the UI and your experience better. It also tracks your games, gives you win-rates and matchup info etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a deck tracker. It doesn't give you any information which you don't have already which you can't know or remember yourself.

Personally I find them usful. it's like using a mod in WoW to make the UI and your experience better. It also tracks your games, gives you win-rates and matchup info etc etc.
    yeah i use hsreplay deck tracker. must say its a godsend. to all u mentioned can also see replays which still havent made into the base game which is just mindblowing. in starcraft 2 recently they made improvements to viewing replays making them faster and more accessible yet in hearhstone there is still no such feature

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a deck tracker.
    It should be forbidden because remembering this information is part of piloting a deck. An addon that did combat math for you wouldn't be OK just because that's information already available to you. Blizzard made a very bizarre decision in allowing them to be used.