Is it safe to watch free anime movies?

You know, every movie is copyrighted and it's not advisable to watch it for free. In the US it's okay to just watch, but you download without purchasing the copyright is against the law. It's true???
    I usually watch anime free here:gogoanime.city
    I wonder is safe?

Yes, it is technically against the law. There are international laws against it.

However, some anime are in a grey area because there is technically no legal way to watch the show... but no one is going to punish you for watching them. For example, the legal rights to Legend of the Galactic Heroes was lost, so no can watch it legally... but no one will be punished for it either, because there is no rights holder to go after anyone. HiDive threw the entire series up on their platform and can get away with it because no one is going to sue them. Makes no difference whether you watch it on HiDive or from a pirate site. And there are a LOT of anime series (most from before the 2000s) where the rights have been lost, or it is otherwise only available to watch technically illegally.

Use this site to find out where you can legally watch a show from.

My advice is to try to watch shows legally if you can from the above streamers. If it is not available from those streamers, then use the other sites.

Legal anime streaming sites are FUNimation, Crunchyroll, and VRV. I recommend subbing to FUNimation and VRV. VRV has Crunchyroll's catalog but a better player.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-24 at 04:04 AM.