Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    I played FFXI until I started playing WoW when it came out. I played WoW for many years up until the end of Mists. I switched over to FFXIV and ended up playing on the PS4. I am switching back to WoW here once my new PC arrives.

    FFXIV was a fun game for the most part. Leveling isn't too bad (I think WoW leveling was better) but the fact that you can switch jobs on the fly is really nice.

    The main reason I'm switching back is because FFXIV's community is the absolute worse of any game I've played. Until FFXIV, I've never heard of people being bullied into playing how someone else says they should. FFXIV Dev's clearly state to respect other's unique playstyles and that does not happen. Even if you're like me and laugh at e-bullies, the fact that its "just how the community is" really made the game that much less fun.
    Can't say I've ever heard of "being bulled into playing someones way". I mean I always help players if I see their rotation as a job is a bit funky or they are using spells not really suited for the PvE environment which some jobs do have.

    Major difference between ignoring someone's advice to help you with your class and being told how to play. And hell outright being told sometimes is good. If someone is telling you to use Enochian and your fire spells for example then listen. Or telling you to stop spamming AoE heals for single target since healing like that can draw threat off the tank due to how tanking works in this game. Just a couple of examples.

    I'd love to know your experience though. So I can get a better understanding and try and help. As you never mentioned what precisely happened outside of "worst community" and "being bulled into playing how someone else says they should" it's hard to get what you mean. Specific details would help.

    I mean for example if you were spamming Hyoton as a Ninja and someone was asking you not to use it since it has a bind effect then they were in the right. Again just a random example. It's a good ability for PvP but useless in PvE.

    I have to disagree on community though. Imo it's one of the friendliest out there alongside the GW2 community.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 09:06 PM.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't say I've ever heard of "being bulled into playing someones way". I mean I always help players if I see their rotation as a job is a bit funky or they are using spells not really suited for the PvE environment which some jobs do have.

    Major difference between ignoring someone's advice to help you with your class and being told how to play. And hell outright being told sometimes is good. If someone is telling you to use Enochian and your fire spells for example then listen. Or telling you to stop spamming AoE heals for single target since healing like that can draw threat off the tank due to how tanking works in this game. Just a couple of examples.

    I'd love to know your experience though. So I can get a better understanding and try and help. As you never mentioned what precisely happened outside of "worst community" and "being bulled into playing how someone else says they should" it's hard to get what you mean. Specific details would help.

    I mean for example if you were spamming Hyoton as a Ninja and someone was asking you not to use it since it has a bind effect then they were in the right. Again just a random example. It's a good ability for PvP but useless in PvE.

    I have to disagree on community though. Imo it's one of the friendliest out there alongside the GW2 community.
    Wait until you've played the game for a while. I played it since it came out, actually expecting it to be better but was disappointed.

    I'm also not talking about helping people. That's just common for any MMO. Friendly help is far less common in FFXIV than any other game I've played. Yes, all games have trash-talkers, elitists and trolls but that game definitely took the cake. It's the only game where I've seen people threatened for not having the playstyle that elitists expect. I've never seen that in FFXI or WoW.

    The worst things I've seen in FFXI were when the first wave of Americans did end-game content and there was a group who the leader actually charged people "dues" through paypal just to stay in their linkshell and a couple people who claimed certain areas were "their turf".

  3. #343
    Deleted
    The good:

    Ability to switch classes on a single character, no loss of progress for alts. This is day and night, and the biggest plus in character investment and motivation.

    Story is actually good, WoW's story is, sadly, very crappy.

    Armor doesn't look too preposterous, though there are still some over the top models.

    It does the "cute" really well, much better than WoW, though WoW's pets and mounts are cuter.

    The grind is good, you know exactly what you're getting into and you know how much you need to farm to get that thing you want.

    Almost nothing is "required" to get into groups or guilds. So long as you're a good player and make sensible choices you're OK with almost all the groups.

    No sharding bullshit, there is somewhat of an actual community on the server, you see familiar faces as you travel the world. You can still crossrealm for LFG.

    There are many more new-player-focused systems that help players get acclimated with the game.

    The bad:

    Combat system is alright, but technically inferior. There are obvious sacrifices made for playstation3 (no longer supported). WoW's combat is MUCH MUCH tighter.

    Transmog in FFXIV is quite terrible. WoW is several orders of magnitude better. Though they did improve slightly in Stormblood it's still a mess imho.

    The UI is much better in WoW, mainly from addons. While the UI in FFXIV has FUCKTON of options they are still very limited in many ways that WoW's isn't. Simply put: not being able to use a damage meter (ACT doesn't count, it's a mess), weakauras or tellmewhen is a huge disadvantage for FFXIV.

    There are far fewer bugs in WoW. FFXIV always crashes for some of the users with every patch, for me it's on average every 3rd patch.

    The support and gamedev resources are MUCH MUCH lower on FFXIV. it does seem that the team working on ffxiv is just keeping it alive rather than evolving the game.

    There are bots everywhere. Even basic functionality like removing messages from blocking/reporting the bots from chat doesn't exist. basic chat filtering that WoW addons do also doesn't exist in FFXIV. Any new player starting the game will get bombarded by gold-seller bots and reporting them does nothing. Questing through the zones will let you witness bots teleporting around and actually interrupting your experience.

    ***

    My overall feeling is that FFXIV is a more relaxed game i can play at my own time without worrying about daily or weekly farms. There is no AP farming, no loss of progress when switching alts, much less RNG bullshit. I'm sticking with ffxiv.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    Wait until you've played the game for a while. I played it since it came out, actually expecting it to be better but was disappointed.

    I'm also not talking about helping people. That's just common for any MMO. Friendly help is far less common in FFXIV than any other game I've played. Yes, all games have trash-talkers, elitists and trolls but that game definitely took the cake. It's the only game where I've seen people threatened for not having the playstyle that elitists expect. I've never seen that in FFXI or WoW.

    The worst things I've seen in FFXI were when the first wave of Americans did end-game content and there was a group who the leader actually charged people "dues" through paypal just to stay in their linkshell and a couple people who claimed certain areas were "their turf".
    I've been playing for 3 years. That's why I asked for what you meant. And I was a 1.0 player.

    I need an example of where you claim you were "threatened" so I can give an opinion on it. Because I've not once been "threatened" in 3 years even when I was still learning a job.

    If you don't tell me rather than use clever wording then I cannot help. You keep throwing buzzwords out like "elitist" and "threatened for not having the playstyle". Either be specific or I will simply find your story hard to believe I'm afraid.

    Give me an example of what happened. Otherwise I have nothing to go off. Who supposedly threatened you? What did they say? What job were you playing and what were you doing?

    And if it was the higher end community such as Ultimate progression statics/FCs then you should be expected to play at the highest level of the job you bring to it. No questions asked. Mythic guilds in WoW are no different in that aspect.

    And I'm sorry again from my experience I've had people help me willingly with jobs. And there is plenty of toxicity in WoW and FF11 had it's fair share towards certain jobs. Ambuscade turned some people into assholes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 09:42 PM.

  5. #345
    I'm not claiming I was threatened. I was once and I've seen others treated the same. One of my favorites is the old "healer dps" argument that's been beaten to death. Or what to meld when there are so many types of combinations that work just fine. Like I said, I'm not suceptible to bullying and blew those people off. Empty threats are all they were.

    I've raided on all 3 games and did perfectly fine. When people try pushing personal standards to random people when they're not documented anywhere but in their own heads, it becomes ridiculous. That's one aspect of WoW that I always loved. Playing to the highest of your job wasn't all that difficult and nobody bullied anybody. You just played your job/class and got better at it.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    I'm not claiming I was threatened. I was once and I've seen others treated the same. One of my favorites is the old "healer dps" argument that's been beaten to death. Or what to meld when there are so many types of combinations that work just fine.

    I've raided on all 3 games and did perfectly fine. When people try pushing personal standards to random people when they're not documented anywhere but in their own heads, it becomes ridiculous. That's one aspect of WoW that I always loved. Playing to the highest of your job wasn't all that difficult and nobody bullied anybody. You just played your job/class and got better at it.
    1. Healers are supposed to off DPS if there is nothing to heal. No debate. ESPECIALLY in high end content.
    You cannot compare this to WoW as healing is more a on rails thing. Sitting their twiddling your thumbs and waiting to heal rather than throwing out a Stone and DoTs helps nobody.

    2. For high end raiding you want Vit melds on the right side or certain melds. No debate. If you want to go Crit-Det as a healer for example then fine. However DH and Vit melds have been mathematically proven to be better for Ultimate clearing. And most progression groups will ask you meld accordingly.

    And WoW has gem and enchant priorities as well. Another point not in your favour here. You most certainly wouldn't gem an Outlaw Rogue with Mastery for example when Haste and Versatility are their 2 main stats.

    3. No. Not many work fine. SMN is Crit-DH. Period. Because it's casts are mostly instant or quick ones thereby invalidating Spell Speed. RDM is DH-Crit because Spell Speed is pointless with Dualcast and Jolt's cast is already a quick one.

    WoW has always had stat prios. Again nothing new.

    And again I need actual examples. Not bare minimum stuff dude. You aren't helping yourself or me here. Unless you tell me what was said rather than saying "threatened" I have zero idea of what I can say to help. What did these people say specifically? Without naming them of course. It doesn't help if you just call them "bullies" and give us nothing to work with.

    All I'm getting from this is that you refused to play optimally for high end content and you were either removed or kicked from said content/static. You've given no exact information rather than buzzwords here so this is the only logical assumption for now.

    You are absolutely 100% free to meld your way in this game. However if you meld in a way that is more a hindrance to an endgame group rather than a benefit then don't be surprised if they have words with you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 09:54 PM.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I didn't really quit WoW, I'm playing both (even though I canceled my FF14 sub just yesterday until patch hits)

    I love how the boss fights look and feel. The music is awesome too.
    And the characters look pretty.

    Gameplay wise, it's inferior to WoW in most ways. FF14 is really clumsy sometimes.... lets just take a look at the japanese styled end game dungeon right now, last boss.
    Picking up that gold is... ugh. I don't know. It doesn't feel good.

    This is just an example... it doesn't ruin the game, but some mechanics are questionable and feel sluggish.
    It feels like you could program a bot that could do mechanics just like you do them in this game. Everything is so "clean" and "straightforward"... it's as if you are playing Chess and you are a Rook-piece.
    Sorry for necroing your post, but this is really the best and most accurate description of my experience with the game and I just have to agree.

    Think of it like a Vanilla WoW. There were some pretty annoying and frustrating things about Vanilla - Mount time of 3 seconds, energy regening at a flat rate instead of affected by haste, not enough quests to reach max level - The game improved on them in the future, but for the most part these things were simply dealt with at the time, and nobody really had major complaints, they were just part of the game.

    FFXIV has some UI features that remind me of that. They're super clunky - Menus in menus in menus - But in ways that make enough sense where it doesn't feel wrong, just a bit inconvenient. Navigating the menus makes total sense, but it could be majorly simplified - That's something I run into with FFXIV a lot, but not in ways that really harm the gameplay at all.

    But the thing that keeps me on FFXIV is the fact that they treat the game like a game. Not a competition. They don't care if you've finished their content or not, they're making more for you to do.

    WoW is built too much like it's trying to be markettable now. It's all about the competition - Race to world/server first, race to max level, race to everything. The content is suffering due to this, and it's really sad because I do still like how the game plays, but the people it's attracting are turning me off from the game entirely.

    FFXIV on the other hand, attracts a more casual crowd - Not to say they are bad, they have some good raid content themselves and it's difficult. But raiding isn't the main focus for a much larger portion of FFXIV's crowd. Crafting has it's own endgame, which I'm only just now trying to get into. (and damn is it expensive) They literally have the Gold Saucer - A giant casino with currency and games to play. The main story itself is built up every major patch. The game isn't centered around raiding or competition like WoW is - Raiding is equally a part of the game as, well, the rest of the game. That's what makes it so much more superior in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  8. #348
    1. No they're not. Show me any official documented information that proves this. Even SE said raid content is not tailored to account for healers doing any dps. I raided savage and didn't feel like it. The only people who truly believe they have to are the groups with sub-par DPS and want a scapegoat to blame for lack of progression.

    2. I'm not sure what you're trying to meld. There are no requirements on what to meld. Your gear pieces only allow certain stats at a time if the others are full. Even on my Samurai, some choose crit, some choose DH and some choose skill speed. It all depends on your build. For WoW gems, I've never seen anybody legit argue over what to use.

    3. Again, it's all about your build. I've played all kinds of builds in raids and did just fine.

    I've never been kicked from any static or content. I'm talking about the randoms who believe in their little minds that what they say, is the way to do it. To them, there is no grey areas. If there were, there would be no point in having options. My savage group didn't question anyone's anything. There are plenty of groups like that.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    1. No they're not. Show me any official documented information that proves this. Even SE said raid content is not tailored to account for healers doing any dps. I raided savage and didn't feel like it. The only people who truly believe they have to are the groups with sub-par DPS and want a scapegoat to blame for lack of progression.

    2. I'm not sure what you're trying to meld. There are no requirements on what to meld. Your gear pieces only allow certain stats at a time if the others are full. Even on my Samurai, some choose crit, some choose DH and some choose skill speed. It all depends on your build. For WoW gems, I've never seen anybody legit argue over what to use.

    3. Again, it's all about your build. I've played all kinds of builds in raids and did just fine.

    I've never been kicked from any static or content. I'm talking about the randoms who believe in their little minds that what they say, is the way to do it. To them, there is no grey areas. If there were, there would be no point in having options. My savage group didn't question anyone's anything. There are plenty of groups like that.
    1. If a group tells you to off DPS as a healer especially in higher end content then you do it. Instead of sitting there twiddling your thumbs. You are being a hindrance in high end content when you could be doing an extra bit of DPS. Why sit there not doing anything when you can DPS and be of even more benefit to your group?

    2. No but there are stat weights. Samurai is a weird one because it has unusual SKS builds at a specific cap. Something not many jobs have. If you want to sit there and say Vit melds are not necessary for Ultimate on accessories then go for it. If you seriously think there aren't certain stats better for some jobs then that is delusional. Samurai is one of the few odd ones out. RDM is DH-Crit.

    3. No it's not. If you go into a Savage raid as a RDM for example with Det-Spell Speed you will be laughed at. Stat weights are a thing. Just like WoW hence why there are prios for a good majority of jobs. Rocking the wrong stats is a huge DPS loss no matter what.

    And again WHAT RANDOMS? Name some examples or I'll just assume you were told to play a specific way with endgame groups, didn't comply and was booted.

    So what I'll actually assume now is someone told you to off DPS as a healer job, you refused and you were booted. So yes that is your own fault. In 70 dungeons it's not a huge deal. In EX Primals, Savage Raids and Ultimate yes it does matter. Stop using WoW as a comparison for healing as well. Healing is handled differently in both games due to their pacing. There are loads of downtime moments to DPS as a healer in FF14.

    So no you weren't "threatened". Don't come here peddling that because someone expected you to do what most healers do. Good day. Nobody was telling you how to play either. I'll assume they were trying to offer friendly advice and you took it the wrong way. Since yet again you provided nothing to help your argument.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 10:13 PM.

  10. #350
    1. I want something more than opinion. There isn't anything that exists that states this. And no, if a random group tells you how to play and it's not in your playstyle, you are under no obligation to do anything more than your job. Being a hindrance is subjective and likely a load of crap. I've been in plenty of successful savage content where healers did not DPS. If you're not killing things fast enough, always check with your DPS first instead of falling back to the healer DPS scapegoat. It's old, been beat to death and goes over like a lead baloon.

    2. Samurai is just one example. There are guides out there for every job showing various stat builds. Don't always fall back on paper DPS because it's not always the same as it is in practical. Even in WoW, there are abilities or talents that look better on paper but when you actually use them, they're not as great as other choices.

    3. Laughed at by who? That sounds like an assumed hypothetical. Also, what mature person does that? That doesn't sound very helpful as you made people sound to be.

    I'm not sure what exactly more you want. Also, I've never been booted from any content, so I really could care less if you "assume I was." That doesn't change anything.

    I'm not new to either game, I know how things are. I've experienced just about every form of content and I'm not the first to have a unique playstyle. My bottom line to the OP was that this is the only game where people get bullied for it.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    1. I want something more than opinion. There isn't anything that exists that states this. And no, if a random group tells you how to play and it's not in your playstyle, you are under no obligation to do anything more than your job. Being a hindrance is subjective and likely a load of crap. I've been in plenty of successful savage content where healers did not DPS. If you're not killing things fast enough, always check with your DPS first instead of falling back to the healer DPS scapegoat. It's old, been beat to death and goes over like a lead baloon.

    2. Samurai is just one example. There are guides out there for every job showing various stat builds. Don't always fall back on paper DPS because it's not always the same as it is in practical. Even in WoW, there are abilities or talents that look better on paper but when you actually use them, they're not as great as other choices.

    3. Laughed at by who? That sounds like an assumed hypothetical. Also, what mature person does that? That doesn't sound very helpful as you made people sound to be.

    I'm not sure what exactly more you want. Also, I've never been booted from any content, so I really could care less if you "assume I was." That doesn't change anything.

    I'm not new to either game, I know how things are. I've experienced just about every form of content and I'm not the first to have a unique playstyle. My bottom line to the OP was that this is the only game where people get bullied for it.
    1. You are not off dpsing in high end content when there is no window to heal. The boss in turn is not dying as quick. So no. You just got triggered basically because someone told you to off dps and you refused. Go look at any Ultimate kill videos. I bet you any money there isn't single one where the healer isn't either off dpsing or putting dots on them. Stop acting so downright disingenuous claiming Healers not DPSing in a game that has downtime on mechanics so they can is intentional.

    2. Uh no there is not. Show me a fucking guide for Det-SS Red Mage. Go on. Now you are just flat out lying. Most jobs have a set prio due to weights. Healers are one that can have some choice but most high end ones go DH melds. Samurai is odd due to having multiple SKS caps.

    3. By any sane RDM. SS is worthless for RDM and Det does not scale as well. DH helps with Dualcasted spells giving you an insta chance to DH and Crit. And Crit just scales through the roof.

    So no. You were not threatened as you put it. You were asked to play how most healers play in endgame content and refused. That is on you. Nobody else.

    Nobody was getting bullied either. So thank you for just basically wasting my time with lies. Telling someone to off dps as a healer isn't bullying. Nor is replacing them for not doing so in Savage, EX or Ultimate bullying. Get a grip.

    So thank you for confirming that the "threatening" and other crap was just you venting out at the community for no reason at all. Glad we got it sorted so this whole discussion can be put to rest.

    So to end it off. You or people you know weren't bullied. You just got tilted when someone told you what a norm is in the game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 10:23 PM.

  12. #352
    1. Who got triggered? Are you even talking to me? Ultimate kill videos? Are those by someone special? I've already said that my group has cleared savage content and nobody has once told healers "you need to DPS." We come with competent DPS. I'm not sure what kind of group you play with. I'm also not "acting" like anything. If I or anyone else doesn't want to do it, they don't have to. You just sound exactly like those people I'm referring to. All you're doing is proving my point.

    2. Show you a guide for something you just made up on the spot? That's about a strawman if I've ever saw one and it's not helping your argument at all at this point.

    3. Sane? So you're a psychologist too? Let the strawman go, please...

    Ok, you're telling me that I wasn't threatened after I said I was. We can play your game of covering your ears and saying "nope nope nope!" all day but it's not accomplishing anything, nor are your assumptions of what happened to me, which I could really care less about, being another random person on the internet.

    I'm sorry that me talking about only 1 aspect that people bully in this game (healer dps) made you so mad. Your reactions only solidified my point to the OP.

    OP, this is a perfect example of someone pushing their personal views upon others. I've never EVER experienced this in WoW in the many years I've played it.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    1. Who got triggered? Are you even talking to me? Ultimate kill videos? Are those by someone special? I've already said that my group has cleared savage content and nobody has once told healers "you need to DPS." We come with competent DPS. I'm not sure what kind of group you play with. I'm also not "acting" like anything. If I or anyone else doesn't want to do it, they don't have to. You just sound exactly like those people I'm referring to. All you're doing is proving my point.

    2. Show you a guide for something you just made up on the spot? That's about a strawman if I've ever saw one and it's not helping your argument at all at this point.

    3. Sane? So you're a psychologist too? Let the strawman go, please...

    Ok, you're telling me that I wasn't threatened after I said I was. We can play your game of covering your ears and saying "nope nope nope!" all day but it's not accomplishing anything, nor are your assumptions of what happened to me, which I could really care less about, being another random person on the internet.

    I'm sorry that me talking about only 1 aspect that people bully in this game (healer dps) made you so mad. Your reactions only solidified my point to the OP.

    OP, this is a perfect example of someone pushing their personal views upon others. I've never EVER experienced this in WoW in the many years I've played it.
    1. Find that hard to believe you weren't told to DPS as a healer. But whatever. Especially in Savage.

    2. You said there was guides for anything. I used a stat build example. Go find it.

    3. Nice to see you don't even know what a strawman is.

    Oh and you are playing the victim card now. Yeah no use conversing any further with that.

    And no. People don't "bully". You just don't like it when someone tells you an optimal way to play a healer. Simple as that. Anyway discussion over. You quit because you were told an optimal way of playing and didn't like it. Nothing else. You must have quit a lot of MMOs in that case.

    Anywho good day.

  14. #354
    Guys, can you take this '1.2.3.' debate to PMs? For Christ's sake. You are both drama queens.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Guys, can you take this '1.2.3.' debate to PMs? For Christ's sake. You are both drama queens.
    I'm the drama PRINCE I'll have you know.


  16. #356
    1. Ok, cool

    2. You created a strawman and taking my comment out of context.

    3. That's your response? Really? lol

    I'm not any kind of a victim. I've already stated that i'm not susceptible to it. Don't like how I play? Tough. What're you gonna do about it?

    Also, I've already stated that healer dps was only 1 aspect. That's just the 1 that seems to have set you off. Sore subject for you? Yes, people bully others.

    You can rationalize all you want on my reason for switching to this game. I only mentioned some of it. You can continue creating your little scenarios if it's helping you feel better. More power to you, I guess. All you've really done here is reinforce what I've been telling the OP.

  17. #357
    I like both of them. Maybe I like FFXIV a bit more, but I'm also a bit more of a PvPer and FFXIV blew theirs. Even so, maybe I'd be a bit more inclined to play FFXIV, but this competition ended before it started.

    Why? Because FFXIV subscription is really expensive and I can just buy WoW tokens.

    A shame. Would've liked to try Samurai.

  18. #358
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,770
    I loved FFXIV. I just got tired of paying to play games month to month. I've been doing it since the late 90s, it's old and tired. If they ever made it F2P or cut the sub fee in half, I'd play it non-stop. Really enjoyed my time there, got all the combat classes (except RDM and SAM, quit before then) to cap level, 70 I think? And was working on gathering and crafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  19. #359
    As someone who played WoW since vanilla until Cata. Then tried out a slew of other MMOs and then got to FFXIV. I like FFXIV. It's kind of like vanilla WoW in a way, and the devs are sure not to botch up the winning formula with each new expansion. WoW was too keen on reinventing the wheel during its life-span so far. FFXIV I would say is more like vanilla WoW than modern WoW is because with FFXIV I know I can get a stable game that Square-Enix will not botch up.

    The game has more loading screens though than vanilla WoW and there's also a dungeon finder tool (roulettes), but Square-Enix was careful in implementing these so as to not have them diminish the core experience. FFXIV has holy trinity which for me is great also because I like having a specialized role in dungeons, raids and PvP. There is more emphasis on story in Final Fantasy XIV also.

    Which is better, vanilla WoW or FFXIV? Well, vanilla WoW is great because it's like a classic game of chess, it will never get old. You can play it over and over again. FFXIV, on the other hand, is great precisely because of its great expansions which are marketed well (and are also great), which keep you coming back for more. And also for the stories. I unsubbed from FFXIV because I mostly ran out of content (and I also had to tone down my spending), but I will probably be back next expansion. I kind of have the urge to resub right now since I did not play the last few patches but the wait will make getting to the game (after hiatus) all the sweeter.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    The main reason I'm switching back is because FFXIV's community is the absolute worse of any game I've played. Until FFXIV, I've never heard of people being bullied into playing how someone else says they should. FFXIV Dev's clearly state to respect other's unique playstyles and that does not happen. Even if you're like me and laugh at e-bullies, the fact that its "just how the community is" really made the game that much less fun.
    Pretty much this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •