Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Gee..hows that water strider working out for you..you know, the one that used to walk on water but now needs special equipment to do what it used to do by default before Blizzard gutted it?
    You mean the special equipment that literally gets mailed to you when you login if you already have a Water Strider, and which allows you to walk on water with any mount in the game instead of only the Water Strider?

Seriously, of all the things to complain about, this has to be one of the dumbest.

Gee..hows that water strider working out for you..you know, the one that used to walk on water but now needs special equipment to do what it used to do by default before Blizzard gutted it?
    Not sure if you're just being stupid or you really are ignorant of how the system was rolled out, but anyone that had the water strider previous to the change was literally mailed the mount equipment that allows them to now walk on water with any mount, not just the water strider. So they didn't lose anything, and in fact gained something because now they get the benefit of water walking with a mount on any mount they want and not that ugly ass water strider.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    See this video https://youtu.be/6N6Lu2t6hOQ

It has anything you need to see how FFXIV is compared to WoW
    Just one person’s opinion, but definitely sums up what I’ve picked up from the people that praise FF also. Every time I read about someone trying to convince others to play, objective and not flat out opinions, there always seems to be holes in the reasoning or “it’s fun but...” without the downsides just glossed over.
    I won’t be trying it as my MMORPG days are over for now, but whether people like WoW or FF, just remember to enjoy it. No one can tell you what you find enjoyable or not.

Not sure if you're just being stupid or you really are ignorant of how the system was rolled out, but anyone that had the water strider previous to the change was literally mailed the mount equipment that allows them to now walk on water with any mount, not just the water strider. So they didn't lose anything, and in fact gained something because now they get the benefit of water walking with a mount on any mount they want and not that ugly ass water strider.
    It wasnt broke, it didnt need fixing.

They could have sent equipment to the other mounts and left the strider alone.

But no. They had to break it.

It still works that way if you want it to work that way...not sure what's broken about that.

And, Blizzard disagrees with you on whether it was broken or not. It clearly was, not in any major way, but there's a reason it was the go-to mount for most people until flying could get unlocked, because it had an obscene advantage of water walking. Now every mount can. How is that broken? What is wrong with it?

They improved on it, they didn't break anything.

And, Blizzard disagrees with you on whether it was broken or not.
    Yes well,given their propensity to continually fix what isnt broken and break what they cant later fix....I had enough of their "vision".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Hi guys ¡¡ I quit WoW a few months ago, but the thing is that it still calls to me. I think that some of you know what I'm talking about. I have been a WoW player since the BC, a completionist, a lore nerd, I feel very attached to it, and I always keep returning.

Thing is that I tried the FFXIV free trial and I loved it. I quit it pretty fast because it was hooking me pretty strongly and I wanted to platinum the games that I had first. Now that I did that, I don't have an excuse anymore. But first I would like the opinion of experienced WoW players that switched to FFXIV.

Why you did it? What do you find better or worse? What do you miss of WoW? Anything that you could tell me to make my mind, because I'm thinking to make FFXIV my main game long-term.

Thank you ¡¡

PS - After trying the trial, here are my final thoughts for those who are thinking about playing FF14:

http:// www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2287541-WoW-players-that-switched-to-FFXIV-I-need-your-opinions/page10
    as a large mmo-jumper and having played wow in tbc/wrath mostly doing all the raids back then, FFXIV is a fine game but you really have to want to drop wow's lore and connect to ffxiv.. otherwise its just meh decent game, good systems nothing great though.
    my biggest pro is the job system is fucking awesome, best alt system imo..
    but the biggest con for me is the forced story requirement.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Lol i love the butthurt comments because of what he says is true

FFXIV was always and will always be a game where people go to play to punish Blizzard because Blizzard gives a fuck

Its the same how Path of Exile saw a massive increase after the D:Immortal announcement.

Wanted to try FFXIV one day cause they sent a trial period, then i remembered the 5 days global cooldown, and after i saw a few of the "Raid videos" where the telegraphs take a few hours to activate, i simply chuckled.

Or then again i guess if you dont play anything else other than MMOs casually, its a decent game to play the story for a few days, unsub and repeat in GW2, then in WoW, then in GW2, and rotate each patch all the time.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-07-02 at 05:19 AM.

They made it so that mounts other than the water strider can water-walk.

Like, OMG...the shock and horror.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    They made it so that mounts other than the water strider can water-walk.

Like, OMG...the shock and horror.
    Did the water strider need any changes?

No.

Did the water strider need any changes?

No.
    Do you need to complain?

No.

Sometimes things happen because we want them to. Claiming anything "needs" or "doesn't need" to happen in a medium designed purely for entertainment is laughable.

Question: did anybody lose anything from this change?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol i love the butthurt comments because of what he says is true

FFXIV was always and will always be a game where people go to play to punish Blizzard because Blizzard gives a fuck

Its the same how Path of Exile saw a massive increase after the D:Immortal announcement.

Wanted to try FFXIV one day cause they sent a trial period, then i remembered the 5 days global cooldown, and after i saw a few of the "Raid videos" where the telegraphs take a few hours to activate, i simply chuckled.

Or then again i guess if you dont play anything else other than MMOs casually, its a decent game to play the story for a few days, unsub and repeat in GW2, then in WoW, then in GW2, and rotate each patch all the time.
    Or maybe, just like with you, he is incapable of understanding why a particular aspect of a game could be the main draw to it, which is the case with XIV. Also, playing for 30 levels through the worst content, then paying to skip the best expansion that's ever been made to only get to some arguably weaker story (compared to HW) during the pre-expansion lull, literally days before the expansion drops. The entire video comes off as a paid hit piece.

I mean, just look at the like/dislike ratio. Are you going to just ignore that and keep screeching "lul butthurt comments" or concede that people are actually enjoying an MMO for once? Since beginning to play XIV I've lost all interest in Blizzard products, I don't play other games to spite them, I just couldn't give a fuck less about the direction their games are going in and have found better alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account

Better classes

Better gameplay
    I can agree with class and gameplay thing as Blizzard really fucked classes over with BfA I feel it more and more everytime I play. But I can still enjoy WoW's game-play, I have played so many other MMO's and I never got into any other games combat, maybe because I been so used to WoW for 15 years lol.

Superior graphics

Superior writing
    errr... this is a subjective thing, art style is always going to be debatable, I think WoW's graphics very timeless, FFXIV especially in the animation department seems very clunky and stiff, as an animator I can tell you it's like watching stop motion animation, and that isn't a bad thing, its a similar issue I had with ESO too and it;s just not for me. While the art style of these may be really good the animation leaves a lot to be desired. I think from a design perspective WoW is more creative.

Also the world design I am not a fan of. I think WoW's world design is so much better with more creative designs for each zone (when they are not reusing assets), FFXIV has a very grainy and blurred background style to it;s world design, while close up it looks okay, but it just looks so drained and colourless. Which maybe thats the intent as it does make the character designs stand out more. so maybe thats what they were going for.

When I look out over the world in WoW everything looks smooth and clear and clean and colourful. FFXIV just doesn't have that. But once again that is subjective to what we are after I guess.

I cannot speak about lore as I know near to nothing about FFXIV lore. I have had it explained to me and I just don't get it. :P
    None gated flight
    I hate flying in MMO's period. MMO's should be about being immersed in a world not flying over it.

A crafting system that is second to none and leaves WOW for DEAD.
    My girlfriend plays FFXIV and she loves the crating system and I have seen her show me and I agree, it does have more depth and meaning. Even ESO has a better crafting system than WoW. It feels important and fulfilling. Crafting is something that's be so badly ruined in WoW since they made these constant changes to the world its outdated the crafting system and it's became useless. WoW doesnt need need to fix the their crafting they need to reinvent it, thats how bad it;s gotten.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-02 at 12:31 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You know Final Fantasy has been a series since 1987, has sold 144 million units across the series and has a much bigger audience than Warcraft right?

Thats like claiming people are drinking Pepsi to spite Crown City Cola.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The encounters are nice - but the rooms they are in are not looking good. There is absolutely nothing that impresses me when I do a fight. The last time I felt "this boss room is awesome" was in Ulduar - Alagon.
    Jaina didn't do anything for you? I was actually really impressed with that fight. One of the best in a long time. The whole second phase is top notch design both mechanically and aesthetically IMO. If your stance is purely aesthetics, then Star Augur in Nighthold surely has to count? Kil'Jaeden? Aggramar?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You know Final Fantasy has been a series since 1987, has sold 144 million units across the series and has a much bigger audience than Warcraft right?

Thats like claiming people are drinking Pepsi to spite Crown City Cola.
    You're being a brat and you know it. Your comparison is heavily flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Are we playin3 the same wow? Lets take beast hunter as an example. Keep barb shot up. Kill command and serpent sting if focus is above a certain percent......wow zzzzzz

Most of the wow classes feel like that now. While slower paced combat in ffxiv feels much better with management and differnt ways to start of a battle.
    Are we playing the same FFXIV? I don't see any ways to play DRG other than correct one, which is going through the same 7 combo buttons, that automatically give you all the buffs you need, while also pressing jump, mirage dive and Geirskogul/Nastrond on cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You're being a brat and you know it. Your comparison is heavily flawed.
    no it's not? why do you think people even got into WoW at the start? they didn't get into because it was a good game it was tied to an existing IP and existing know good dev at the time, those are definitely factors in which people play FF14 for example. I've talked to many players during my time in 14 and alot of them don't play any other mmos or have never played any other mmos, they just like FF14.

You have this weird hate boner relationship with FF14 and it shows with your post history in this thread and the main FF14 thread.

- - - Updated - - -

glad he didn't get into the game, that video is obvious bait because SHB is successful right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Hey a fellow guilty gear player *high five*

On topic I don't see the reason to hate a mmo just because I play its competitor. I always found this behavior odd. Ffxiv is doing well because, keys face it. Bfa is trash easily tge 2nd worst xpack for wow I played. In my opinion of course. WoD had the selfie preach. That cements it in first place.
    because keys? what? and FF14 is doing well because its becoming a better game with each expac SB for example kept growing even when Legion was out and Legion did pretty well the whole way.

Honestly, I played FF14 to about level 30, but just found myself monumentally bored by the MSQ, to the point that I just had no interest in continuing to log in. I'm not a huge weeb, though I do watch some anime, so some of the aesthetic was also kind of off-putting. I liked that it had some pieces of armor that looked realistic, though. I'd almost forgotten what armor without comically oversized shoulderpads looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    no it's not? why do you think people even got into WoW at the start? they didn't get into because it was a good game it was tied to an existing IP and existing know good dev at the time, those are definitely factors in which people play FF14 for example. I've talked to many players during my time in 14 and alot of them don't play any other mmos or have never played any other mmos, they just like FF14.

You have this weird hate boner relationship with FF14 and it shows with your post history in this thread and the main FF14 thread.
    I don't hate FF14? I actually love the game. I just hate certain design/systems choices in it. I'm critical of the game because:

1) Most fans are rabid mouth breathers who can't construct a single sentence using objective logic and analysis and they won't be
    2) Because I'm passionate about it and despite its success, it still has staggering room for improvement

But to go back the original point - I called his point faulty because he's making an assumption that the FF series in total drives the MMO, and I'm not comfortable making that determination ESPECIALLY with how often we see stuff like I don't know shit about FF will I like FF14?

I didn't get into FF14 because it was Final Fantasy. I got into it because it was an MMO. I liked it more because I knew the source material from growing up. I would have tried it regardless, like I tried many other MMO's and like many other players have done.

I never played Warcraft 1, 2 or 3 yet I played WoW. My brother played it because I did and never played anything before. That's why I don't like the assumption and I believe it's faulty. I could go even further and argue look at their ShB marketing push. It's by far the most robust we've seen thus far in its lifetime and it's also simultaneously boasting the largest playerbase it's ever had.

I'd argue he overestimates it and I probably underestimate it, but without genuine data to back it up, it's just speculation. You can see hopefully where I got my POV from though.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-07-02 at 08:16 PM.