Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Yeah I always been a sucker and old fan of metrovania! please give me more!

Ori and Hollow knight are the best metrovania imo with Symphony of the night ofc. Super excited can't wait for another Ori!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ori is a good time, but I hope that they don't bring back the shit "boss battles". They almost ruined the entire experience for me. And the story, as emotional as it should be, loses its value when they bring back everyone that died back with no consequences whatsoever..

But I'll certainly get this one as well.
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2017-08-27 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Really looking forward for this masterpiece!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Lotus Victoria;47114748]Ori is a good time, but I hope that they don't bring back the shit "boss battles". They almost ruined the entire experience for me./QUOTE]

I know, right? The "gauntlets" at the end of each dungeon mar what would've been an otherwise brilliant game. Well, that and not being able to 100% the map if you miss something in a dungeon.

Still, looking forward to this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=EbonBehelit-;49557217]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Ori is a good time, but I hope that they don't bring back the shit "boss battles". They almost ruined the entire experience for me./QUOTE]

I know, right? The "gauntlets" at the end of each dungeon mar what would've been an otherwise brilliant game. Well, that and not being able to 100% the map if you miss something in a dungeon.

Still, looking forward to this one.
    I agree that first Ori lack bosses but it seems based on that latest trailer I do think they fixed the bosses problems. That giant wolf and the giant spider creatures looks amazing as bosses tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks prettiful

Ori has been one of the greatest games I've ever played. The gameplay, visuals and storyline are simply amazing. I didn't see the same issue with the boss battles TBH, probably because I was more enthralled in the story. Especially the boss gauntlet battles towards the end were quite memorable. Looking forward to this one.

MUCH EXCITE GIEF!

Definitely looking forward to more of the spectacular beauty that is Ori.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Ori has been one of the greatest games I've ever played. The gameplay, visuals and storyline are simply amazing. I didn't see the same issue with the boss battles TBH, probably because I was more enthralled in the story. Especially the boss gauntlet battles towards the end were quite memorable. Looking forward to this one.
    Yeah I didn't see any issues with the gauntlet battles itself. I just wished we had big bosses like the final boss of the first game more of these stuff which will be fixed in this inc game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I always been a sucker and old fan of metrovania! please give me more!

Ori and Hollow knight are the best metrovania imo with Symphony of the night ofc. Super excited can't wait for another Ori!
    I still need to play the first one. No reason I haven't aside from being preoccupied with other games. The first looked simply beautiful and fun, and this sequel looks just the same. I gotta get on this.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I still need to play the first one. No reason I haven't aside from being preoccupied with other games. The first looked simply beautiful and fun, and this sequel looks just the same. I gotta get on this.
    Oh my god ! you shouldn't wait !! go go play it start right now!

Give me your reaction afterward !

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god ! you shouldn't wait !! go go play it start right now!

Give me your reaction afterward !
    I am looking for a new game. I adore Monster Hunter World, but I find myself only really interested when a new event or monster is released at this point. So it would be a great game to play in between that. Might have to jump in tonight.

Question about the game. How easy is it? My fiance is not a gamer outside of playing Kingdom hearts when she was a kid, and likes to play pokemon casually. Think this is something a person at that skill level can enjoy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking for a new game. I adore Monster Hunter World, but I find myself only really interested when a new event or monster is released at this point. So it would be a great game to play in between that. Might have to jump in tonight.

Question about the game. How easy is it? My fiance is not a gamer outside of playing Kingdom hearts when she was a kid, and likes to play pokemon casually. Think this is something a person at that skill level can enjoy?
    Oh no it may look super cute and adorable but it is not easy at all! looks and visuals can be deceiving indeed. It is not super duper hard either but not easy, some areas require really good focus and timing. Let us say it is above your average normal game. Much harder than Hollow Knight if you played that game or know about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no it may look super cute and adorable but it is not easy at all! looks and visuals can be deceiving indeed. It is not super duper hard either but not easy, some areas require really good focus and timing. Let us say it is above your average normal game. Much harder than Hollow Knight if you played that game or know about it.
    Oh goodness, she saw the trailer for Hollow Knight and thought it looked great, but the game play would be a bit much for her, lol. This might not be the game for her, but i'm sure i'll do fine. So she will have to spectate this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodness, she saw the trailer for Hollow Knight and thought it looked great, but the game play would be a bit much for her, lol. This might not be the game for her, but i'm sure i'll do fine. So she will have to spectate this one.
    Haha it is fine man! enjoy your time both really looking forward to see your reaction when you start playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Ori is a good time, but I hope that they don't bring back the shit "boss battles". They almost ruined the entire experience for me.[/spoiler].
    I loved those parts myself. I really hope they stick with them rather than trying to do more traditional boss battles. Ori has weak combat and incredible movement mechanics, so focusing on sections that test your mobility to the limit is absolutely the right choice in a game built the way Ori was. The only thing I'd want them to change is to add checkpoints to the escape sequences on easier difficulties, since they're brick walls to people who aren't as comfortable with platforming.

The owl/spider/thing at 1:29 is the stuff of nightmares. Can't wait for this game, loved the first.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted

Really looking forward for this masterpiece!
    I haven't bothered with these types of games since sonic the hedgehog in the 90's n Mario in the 80's, but this just looks stunning and fun, it's so good i look past all the cute stuff

Don't know anything about this Ori chap, apparently the former game is on Steam, only found out last week-end about this franchise when watching a "coming 2018-19 games" youtube vid

Imagine if a mmo could look this good, we would have to invent the Matrix since people would want to always be plugged in..

Hmmm...I did get Trine 1-2 some time ago on Steam but didn't bother much cuz don't have a TV (i'll wait for 8k to become widely available n cheaper than they are currently), its less fun to play on computer with their limited screens..Found out about Trine in some Swifty stream

I love immersive games n environments, care less about raiding...I need to get that zelda game one day that is out now..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-09-24 at 06:02 PM.

Stunning visuals.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I really need to play the original, because this new one looks seriously good.