Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    FFX and The Bouncer

7+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I was proberly 6 or 7 years old, but that game blew my mind. It was completly different from the basic playstation and gameboy games i played at that time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Command & Conquer 1

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    So, what was your first game that impressed you in terms of graphics?
    MYST.

There was nothing like it on the market, ever. The first realistic, 3D rendered game. It's hilarious now to think of a powerpoint game, but at the time, it was a industry changer.

Other games came later that were 1000 times more impressive, but MYST was the first one I remember being impressed with.

Who knows, I started playing games on the NES. Graphics are the most boring thing to talk about in games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, Uncharted 4 is going to be the gold standard until next gen.
    The Dishonored expansion that just came out is better than Uncharted 4 - and I agree Uncharted 4 is beautiful.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dark souls 3 I guess, don't really ever think about it only reason I thought about dark souls 3 looks is because the rest of the game was so horrible. Other then the art and the music dark souls 3 was a horrible horrible game and i think an insult to the dark souls series.

Pretty though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that would be starfox on the snes for me. Back in the days that grafic was awsome.

Probably the original Twisted Metal.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Star fox Adventures. Really good. Great game too
    Best Zelda clone I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJames00 View Post
    Gears of war
    Same. Still to this day just nothing compares to how huge of a leap that game appeared to me.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

X. Saw the CGI only commercial and thought the entire game was exactly like that. It was still amazing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Final Fantasy X, but FF9 had one of the most impressive FMV's I had ever seen up until that point. Especially for a PS1 game (Bahamut vs Alexander).

I never really cared about graphics either. Going back and playing older games I've never played is difficult now, though. I had to drag myself through Xenogears, even though I did like the story. Still need to do Chrono Trigger, at some point...
    FF9 FMVs were the first thing that really impressed me. I remember going on a website to download these videos when the game was out in japan and not yet in NA, on a shitty internet it was taking like an hour to download a 30 seconds clip. Ahh the good old times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alien vs Predator on the Atari Jaguar. It was better than the arcade cabs and Neo Geo at the time.

Ni No Kuni. The Ghibli anime style artwork in playable form was/is amazing. Need to play that game again.