10+ Year Old Account

Looking to upgrade or should i wait?

reposting this in correct section.

My aim to update a relative old system, while it still is not a bad system i am noticing on newer games it is falling behind and there are new games on the horizon that i want to experience again on the glorious master race! (It is not really my intend to play everything from current gen on everything ultra)

Budget is between 800 and a 1000 less this may or may not include new monitors as i personally have not followed the whole 4K and how much it actually improves ones experience, i do not need a soundcard, i bought an expensive one last time around the sound was amazing but due to how it was build it created a static, a buzzing from my grafixcard over my microphone. To never spend another a 160 euros on a card for simply sound again i swapped to usb soundcards what don't suffer this build handicap. Soundcard will find a new home on a system i'll use exclusively for my native instruments hardware and tools.

These are my specs,

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (To be changed to windows 10 this week after i swap ssd/hdd's)

CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
    16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
    ASRock P67 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)

Graphics
    DELL U2311H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    PL2473HD (1920x1080@60Hz) (Primary)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Gigabyte)

Storage
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 ATA Device (SATA)
    931GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA) (both to be replaced by a single internal 4 to 6 GB HDD researching brands and models atm)

119GB M4-CT128M4SSD2 ATA Device (SSD) To be replaced by a Samsung SSD 500GB latest gen this week.
    223GB OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device (SSD)

Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 ATA Device

As you can see the mobo and CPU are fairly dated the Graphics card is alright but not the best around anymore. As it's been 3-4 years since i build this minus the graphics card replacement some help of what i should be looking at right now would be appreciated. My OC'ing experience is limited to easy to use tools provided by the motherboard. Cooling will be done through air with additional cooling and a custom CPU cooler, don't OC enough to warrant a water cooling system.

From what i gather new CPU chipsets are coming "soon" and graphic cards are expensive due to lack of supply. Is it perhaps a good time to buy ram? I don't mind buying a few pieces each month.

Buy a 1070/1080 (due to how pricing is right now price gap between those two is very small) and wait on everything else. You might want to look into OCing your CPU (4.6-4.8 is completely doable for most 2500Ks), although I'd recommend getting a used server chip (you can get a i7-2600 equivalent for less than $100). OCing will save you money of course. RAM is completely ok to buy, basically you only need to wait on the motherboard and CPU.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B