Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.3 Ele Shaman Logs

I know it is only two days worth of logs but what made your spec jump so much in DPS? I didn't think there was much of a buff to elemental, did i miss something in the patch notes?

Deleted
    Maybe link any logs yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they got buffs.

Elemental
    Earthquake damage increased by 19%.
    Static Overload redesigned: After using Stormkeeper, your next Chain Lightning causes Elemental Overload to trigger on every target.
    Elemental continues to have strong AoE capabilities, but we want to help make their single target damage a bit more attractive.
    All damage abilities increased by 6% (with the exception of Chain Lightning).
    Earth Shock damage increased by 7%.
    Frost Shock damage increased by 13%.
    This set of changes gives Elemental much more room to benefit from their mastery stat before reaching the hard cap of 100% proc rate.
    Elemental Blast damage increased by 7%.
    Elemental Blast now provides 2000 stats at level 110 (was 2400).
    Elemental Overload now does 85% of base damage (was 75%) and its proc rate has been reduced by 17%.
    Totem Mastery: Storm Totem bonus reduced to 5% (was 10%).

I have to admit, the burst we're capable of now is pretty nice. It feels like we're a less of a liability on st fights now.

Deleted
    Nothing changed damage wise. Even worse, gamble build does more damage than normal Asc or Icefury. And Ion Hazzikostas takes some weird drugs, thinking Elemental def CDs are fine: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/901073778981122050

Nice. I was waiting for the first night of Logs since I raid on Saturday. I held all of my Arti Power from my Argus quests too. Going to switch to Ele this weekend for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Maybe link any logs yourself?
    I'm not asking for logs, I'm asking WHY the logs show what they do.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

Deleted
    I'm not asking for logs, I'm asking WHY the logs show what they do.
    Because there are almost no parses for the last 2 bosses and when you look at Maiden, you can see that elemental is still bottom tier on ST.

Controlled Static Overload increased output on AOE fights, bumping the spec up, but in reality nothing's changed - elemental is still less viable for avatar/kj progression than almost any other caster, if not due to dps, then surely due to lack of survivability/utility.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    we're middle of the pack single target and have strong aoe with exceptional burst. our big weakness in terms of dps is still movement and this shows on maiden where you have a lot of micro movement especially in mythic. in addition we're squishy and cant soak and therefor arent desired for the likes of kj and avatar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps Is what is important. Ele did get minor buffs so we're not completely utter trash (still quite low) for single target. Ultimately we gained the ability to do BURST aoe, which unfortunately in this tier is basically pad damage, it sets us up better for the future with storm keeper in raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps Is what is important. Ele did get minor buffs so we're not completely utter trash (still quite low) for single target. Ultimately we gained the ability to do BURST aoe, which unfortunately in this tier is basically pad damage, it sets us up better for the future with storm keeper in raid.
    No cleave/aoe isnt pad damage. On DI killing adds helps the raid a lot, Harjatan adds and Sistress adds need to die too, DH adds should die too and burning KJ adds down is even very important.

If you include overall damage - yes, elemental is very strong. Problem is weak defensives and mobility. But there is currently no dps problem considering how extreme burst cleave and AOE is. For stronger ST they need to nerf cleave damage.

Damage has gone up but it's hard for me to judge as I've got a couple of upgrades too. I think we're perfectly fine damage wise, just lacking defensively.

It's difficult to judge on farm I suppose. Realistically will only tell how the spec is in a raiding environment when Antorus releases.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas takes some weird drugs, thinking Elemental def CDs are fine: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/901073778981122050

I can't believe he said that reincarnation is a defensive smh.

If you're going to classify it as such, it needs to reset with the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I can't believe he said that reincarnation is a defensive smh.

If you're going to classify it as such, it needs to reset with the fight.
    Well in his defense, ankh was literally asked as part of the question about defenses. "Any plans of giving Shaman better (more) defensive cooldowns/ reworking Reincarnation to be more raid-friendly?"

Nevertheless, telling us Astral shift is a useful talent we can spec into etc... is bad enough on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Blorgo View Post
    we're middle of the pack single target and have strong aoe with exceptional burst. our big weakness in terms of dps is still movement and this shows on maiden where you have a lot of micro movement especially in mythic. in addition we're squishy and cant soak and therefor arent desired for the likes of kj and avatar
    You guys keep saying maiden but on heroic maiden last week i just pulled 1.2 mil dps when my best logs were 1 million the previous patch. As for KJ you can heal yourself for soaks i do it all the time in the intermission.

Any type of aoe fight making sure Lightning rod is up on the boss and aoeing is actually alot of single target dmg, especially if you time it right with stormkeeper because the boss gets hit 7 times + 15 lighting rods? Iono i cant do math but thats a lot of single target burst as well. Just because are overall dmg is high doesnt mean our single target dmg is low. You can check how much dmg is done to just the boss. So for instance this friday i did Misstress on heroic and was pulling 1.9 mil overall but on just the boss itself i pulled 1.1 million while the next closest dps was 980k. So im clearly doing more single target dmg because of things like lighting rods and our aoe burst only helps our single target on cleave/aoe fights.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2017-09-10 at 09:57 AM.

Not for ToS. There's no padding fight there, adds always need to die and die fast. This graph is not what's important for ToS.

However, the lack of Ele parses skews the stats a fair bit.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Not for ToS. There's no padding fight there, adds always need to die and die fast. This graph is not what's important for ToS.

However, the lack of Ele parses skews the stats a fair bit.
    You can pad maiden on avatar, actually. DPS outside of her shield is padding. It's the only reason shadow priests look so good on that fight even because they have constant dots running on her throughout the fight. It's useful because it buffs their boss damage, but it's still 10s of millions of damage that shows up on the meters even though it was ineffective.

Technically you could also pad infernals on M Goroth by forcing them to spawn but you'd only be making the fight much harder than it needs to be.

Though some people just don't seem to understand that pad damage is not the same as add damage which is why you get people like that. As you said, if it needs to die it's not padding.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post

Nevertheless, telling us Astral shift is a useful talent we can spec into etc... is bad enough on it's own.
    Yeah....for a guy I respect and usually makes insightful comments, that was a bit of a let down.