Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Lack of third party developers and a stigma that was attached to the Sega name after they went peripheral crazy to try and keep the system relevant and competitive with the SNES.

After shelling out money for all the addons that hardly had any games to their name people were understandably wary of the Saturn and Dreamcast.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I disagree with you, saying that Sega Genesis didn't have original games but just ports from Arcade is totally wrong. There were so many great games that are originally created for SG including Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force. You maybe alive in 1986 yes but I guess you didn't own a lot of games in Sega Genesis maybe you just had a lot of games of Master System console but for SG maybe you had few which is understandable. But still you are wrong by saying that most if not all the SG games are just arcade port. There are a lot of awesome original games created specifically for SG to compete with SNES if you want some example sure thing I will give you some other than the shining series.
    SG as in SG-1000 not genesis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    between the genesis and master system there is a catalog of 1230 games. your saying outside of 2 of those they are all arcade cabinet games...OK.
    Well here you are talking about the Genesis which is why I am responding we are talking about Sega Genesis here after all not the master system. Yes the Master system of course was better than SG-1000 because duh? it's more advanced which is obvious? but here we are talking about Sega Genesis and why it's been the most successful Sega Console compare to the other consoles of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well here you are talking about the Genesis which is why I am responding we are talking about Sega Genesis here after all not the master system. Yes the Master system of course was better than SG-1000 because duh? it's more advanced which is obvious? but here we are talking about Sega Genesis and why it's been the most successful Sega Console compare to the other consoles of the company.
    you kind of jumped in the middle or tail end of a separate discussion.

if we wish to say best console... a home console.. I agree with the Genesis

if we were to say gnerally speaking... probably the Arcade Cabinets, after sega kinda died, they always had arcade games