Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Competitive eaters

So what do you guys think of competitive eaters? It's hard to believe they can eat as much as they do. Have you ever tried competitive eating? Can you eat as much as them? Here are some examples.

Obviously most people know Matt Stonie.

Beard meets food

Even the ladies are starting to get into it.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

What are the long term medical affects?

Deleted
    Mhh really want to see what happens in their body while they stuff themselves. Maybe their stomach has some super acid?

I've been on a high calorie diet before. Gorging at breakfast after working out for 2 hours is not a pleasant experience. Nor is repeating the process for dinner after a 3 hour workout. 2-a-days are awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-01 at 01:51 PM.

no furious pete or la beast

for shame!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    snip
    oh so if people stop eating tons of food it will magically appear to those who are starving to death?

if rich people stop putting their money in the banks does it teleport to the poor and needy?

I have IBS and massive stomach troubles

so fuck no i would not competitively eat!

I think it's a pretty stupid thing to compete over and potentially dangerous.

To each their own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Whats to say? Western countries send billions in foriegn aid and yet this still happens why?

Well its because of Religion, Pointless civil wars and criminals and warlords controlling the aid that comes into the countries!

You really think we in the west is purposely starving these kids? Hell my local Safeway and the stuff it throws out each day could feed a village for a whole fucking month!

We could easily give this food to them but these shit hole countries cant guarantee safety to the aid workers and we aint sending soldiers after what happened in Somalia to police the distribution again!

Looks like people who can't feed their kids, shouldn't be having kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's a hobby there could be worse, plenty of food and if people want to watch this shit they aren't particularly hurting themselves. Although the people doing this shit are going to hit a wall at some point and yes this competitive eating is going to have serious consequences, as would any profession or thing people do in general in excess over time.

I also think it sends the wrong messages about our relationship with food, but I also think it's kind of interesting how the body can work, who knows maybe if some science was used to measure some of the effects we could learn more about the body and how it can develop.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure how those videos are even biologically possible...

And what end does it come out of because I would imagine even throwing it all back up would be extremely painful. Especially since most of them barely chew their food on the way down.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Whats to say? Western countries send billions in foriegn aid and yet this still happens why?
    Because 4x more is robber from the same regions by corporations and free markets allowed to exploit the natural resources of these people

Well its because of Religion, Pointless civil wars and criminals and warlords controlling the aid that comes into the countries!
    Yeah just like Vietnam and North Korea, others have done the same thing and supported these wars by proxy using much of the desperation and circumstances to make themselves rich.

You really think we in the west is purposely starving these kids? Hell my local Safeway and the stuff it throws out each day could feed a village for a whole fucking month!
    Actually we do, and more specifically, despite charity, many companies actually allow food or their products to be destroyed rather than, to go to feed the hungry.

We could easily give this food to them but these shit hole countries cant guarantee safety to the aid workers and we aint sending soldiers after what happened in Somalia to police the distribution again!
    That has nothing to do with it, we will use the food as a bargaining chip and often times give the resources over to faux private charities who will use the resources to provide leverage for corporate interest.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm not even sure how those videos are even biologically possible...

And what end does it come out of because I would imagine even throwing it all back up would be extremely painful. Especially since most of them barely chew their food on the way down.
    Most i would assume throw it all up in the back stage under medical supervision when its all done there is no way they let that shit digest like cool hand luke!

And to think i've been doing it for free all these years.

C'mon you really believe all that?

You think we in the west is really that heartless or is it because we simply cannot guarantee the safety for the distributors?

My brother served in Iraq and his regiment was charged with hearts and minds and the CO was given 60k pounds to build a football pitch for the locals and the money was given to the locals to build and as you can guess nothing was built and the money simply disappeared!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You would be wrong.
    You a competitive eater?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon you really believe all that?
    Those are documented truths.

You think we in the west is really that heartless or is it because we simply cannot guarantee the safety for the distributors?
    Of course we aren't all heartless, much of the shit happens because we don't know or even want to, it's a few acting on the behalf of many, and that is a problem. So that is why billions get's poured into a region doesn't make up for the near trillions in resources taken.

My brother served in Iraq and his regiment was charged with hearts and minds and the CO was given 60k pounds to build a football pitch for the locals and the money was given to the locals to build and as you can guess nothing was built and the money simply disappeared!
    Yes, the few acting on behalf of the many right, so you get this right based on your personal experience, so why would you expect them being in a much weaker position to have more agency than we do?

It's just a competition like any other - track, chess, football, whatever. It's seeing what the limit of the human body is. It's not interesting to me, but it's kinda cool. The big mac one was unbelievable.

Mall we plowed billions into Iraqs recontruction hell not even my old city of Birmingham had that much spent on it!! and what is there to show for it?

You say these are documented truths but you dont give any citations!

'the few acting on behalf of the many' is the very reason the third world is in such a mess!

The third world is a AK-47 carrying mess cause the locals will not let us go in and change things and we cant do it cause they will kill or kidnapp anyone who tries. 'ISIS, BOKO HARAM etc'

Google 'dumbass aid workers kidnapped' too see what i mean!

Chinas GDP could feed the 3rd world if it wanted to and produce the food to feed them but its all about the politics and the safeguards for safe distribution!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-01 at 01:38 AM.