Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The raiding scene on my server seems as active as ever.

If your raiders quit over new progression on professions (not a reset), it was probably long in the making.

And time spent in-game grows by the quarter, so "what you can do about it" is either recruit more, or join a guild that isn't falling apart. This held true for every iteration of the game, FYI.

AP catchup is extremely potent, "new players" not "having AP" is bullshit. Concordance is easy to reach, and going beyond that is made easier with every week as new AK is added automatically.

New players not having Legendaries is not a problem, they'll get them by playing the game through bad-luck protection. Will they have a pile of leggos to choose from off the bat like players having stuck with Legion since the start? Probably not, but that's the price of playing an MMORPG where someone's always going to be more progressed. "They have to play a lot" sounds pretty funny, considering they willingly signed up for an MMORPG in the first place, not a single-player game... If they got the drive to raid, they got the drive to progress their characters to an acceptable level.
    Dude shut the fuck up with the nonsense of bad luck protection for legendaries.

Yeah, keeping and finding new members is harder than ever in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    strange - whenever one pop up in guild im in chat there are always at least 5+ people interested in what dropped for whom and gz them . seems like your guild issue
    Seems like you don't do mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Rorcanna is pretty much the local rabid fanboy. Don't listen to him.
    Yeap, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Seems like you don't do mythic raiding.
    true - i dont - just like 95 % of playerbase.

Deleted
    Oh sheeet, people noticing something that happened in every content after some months since the beginning of the game, extremely since WotlK. Oh jeeez

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    You don't fucking get it, do you? It's not a matter of not having ANY legendaries, but a matter of not having THE BEST ones for output.
    If you stopped shit posting on these forums and played the game you might actually get some good legendaries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    We were realm 2nd and have had to cut 1 or 2 days a week now due to attendance issues.

Blizzard really burned people out and the fact they basically reset the grind on professions and the game with Argus makes recruitment even hard as older players quit and newer players don't have any legendaries or AP.

Sure they can catch up, but they have to play a lot per Legion game design.

Pretty sure the guild will just fall apart in a few weeks. What can you do?
    Seems rough. Could always recruit undergeared players and help them gear up. There's still some time before the next raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicT View Post
    If you stopped shit posting on these forums and played the game you might actually get some good legendaries
    Legendary system is rubbish. It worked fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicT View Post
    Or he might not, because it's pure RNG.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Could always recruit undergeared players and help them gear up.
    If everyone was nice on the internet, that would work, but since it is how it is, probably one of the following will happen:

1. The players you gear up will prove to be "tourists" jumping in to get some free gear only to unsub until next patch (saw it a lot since WOD).

2. The players you gear up will guild hop to a better guild once they have the gear / logs to be accepted there, they will often transfer to a more popular realm without saying a word (happened less than #1 but still annoyingly often).

3. The good players from your team will get bored of being stuck in a "gear up newbies" loop and no progress for weeks and do either #1 (unsub) or #2 (transfer / guildhop), so you'll be stuck in recruiting more newbies to an even weaker team.

Not even mentioning #4. if all of the above doesn't happen, the players you geared up will prove to be vastly below the level of the current mythic raiding skillcap despite claiming they're ex-hardcore vanilla raider and they only do poorly due to lack of gear and legendaries (they will keep doing poorly even after obtaining the gear).

The options you have are limited and might not work, but they are:
    1. Poach from "just disbanded" guilds (requires you to follow the server's guild scene and jump on the opportunity quickly before their best players transfer away).
    2. Poach from lower, active guilds (a bit of a dick move, but exists since forever).
    3. If you're earlier in the mythic progression (I assume mythic since for heroic you can always go with a bit less people), try to pug some people and offer them spot if they look decent.
    4. Transfer to a bigger realm and hope for more guildless players around there (from disbanded guilds, returning from breaks, etc.), sadly this is expensive and not foolproof, you might end up disbanding or losing some good players in the process.
    5. And finally, disband and let everyone go their own way (yea it's sucks).

Also btw there is a wowprogress tab for players looking for guild, you can check there and contact anyone flagged as lfg if you think they'll remotely fit into your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    strange - whenever one pop up in guild im in chat there are always at least 5+ people interested in what dropped for whom and gz them . seems like your guild issue
    People say to every (stuff) legendary GZ in guild chat

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not fun to perform worse just because you're unlucky with legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

70th-80th percentile just means you didn't die if you're a decent player. And "enough" DPS doesn't exist.
    70-80th percentile means you did more throughput than 3/4s of people that killed the boss

and I mean, it's fine to say you'd have done better with different legendaries but nobody's getting benched over that performance (unless your guild is awful)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Or forget about mythic that Blizzard seems to care to balance around 50 world top guilds at best and go back to farming piss easy content for titanforges, I heard casuals are quite happy and viciously defend the stance "there's nothing wrong with titanforge" so you know, can't beat them, join them.

And for that you don't need bis class, bis spec or bis legendary, neither you need a topped off artifact.

Mythic raiding currently... well I thought nothing can be worse than TOV / Nighthold in guild killing, apparently they managed to double themselves up. Argus patch is out and TOS has been out for 2,5 months and only 35 guilds in the world finished it by now... I think we reached the point below vanilla Naxx in the top end participation. The "0.01%" is not even a joke any more.

P.S. If you're serious about your guild, keep checking what other guilds are disbanding around and be quick to grab their players who still want to play. That's how survival of the fittest works in this area, no sentiments and all.
    Damn you seem like a bitter bitch right now. You really that made at casuals bro? Man up, balls don't belong in purses

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-09-05 at 08:27 PM.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It's almost as if blizz is targeting casual players over the 1%.....

I don't see the problem with legendaries tbh.

If you don't have 2 that are BiS by now, you are honestly not even trying, and have no place in Mythic level content.

When NH was current content I was shitting 1 out each week. Between clearing NH(hour to hour an a half), doing my 1 M+ a week (15mins-45mins) and dailies (15mins a day).

And when 7.2.5 dropped, it didn't take long to nab those ones up either. Maybe if people quit bitching about "but muh RNG!" and actually played the game they would have what they want.

Stopped fucking complaining about something and go get it. jfc.

Realm 2nd here, there are only 4 raiding guilds in total now. 1 is super hardcore, 1 is super casual, 1 is close to dying. Most people in my guild can't be arsed wiping another 1000+ times to get through Maiden, Avater and Kil'jaeden after 200 wipes on Mistress. This tier is a disaster and if Antorus is not released soon I can see there remaining only 1-2 raiding guilds on a lot of realms. This is a disaster, what the hell is going on? In WotLK you had dozens of guilds on each realm.

Look at this! https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...d-earthen-ring is this what a realm should look like in the most popular MMO on the market?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2017-09-05 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I don't see the problem with legendaries tbh.

If you don't have 2 that are BiS by now, you are honestly not even trying, and have no place in Mythic level content.

When NH was current content I was shitting 1 out each week. Between clearing NH(hour to hour an a half), doing my 1 M+ a week (15mins-45mins) and dailies (15mins a day).

And when 7.2.5 dropped, it didn't take long to nab those ones up either. Maybe if people quit bitching about "but muh RNG!" and actually played the game they would have what they want.

Stopped fucking complaining about something and go get it. jfc.
    That is silly.

I don't know what the average player have as /played at this level but say around 20-30 days?
    With that amount of time played you're unlikely to have all the legendaries for one spec and some have had to switch specs with nerfs and buffs and all that.

Most players even at high levels of play will not have both their BiS legendaries by now and most players will never get them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is silly.

I don't know what the average player have as /played at this level but say around 20-30 days?
    With that amount of time played you're unlikely to have all the legendaries for one spec and some have had to switch specs with nerfs and buffs and all that.

Most players even at high levels of play will not have both their BiS legendaries by now and most players will never get them at all.
    I have just shy of 16 days played on my main, which I switched to mid-NH. I just received the 9th legendary for my dps spec, so it doesn't seem out of the realm to have 10 at 20 days played. Not saying my situation is representative of all, but I don't feel I've gotten any luckier than on the class I started the expansion playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post
    I have just shy of 16 days played on my main, which I switched to mid-NH. I just received the 9th legendary for my dps spec, so it doesn't seem out of the realm to have 10 at 20 days played. Not saying my situation is representative of all, but I don't feel I've gotten any luckier than on the class I started the expansion playing.
    I have 43 days played and I don't have all my legendaries yet. Not even all for one spec.
    Thats despite doing over 800 mythic+ (most early on though), all mythic content except for the last 2 bosses this tier and every emissary quest.

I have the ones I need, thankfully but thats just luck. It has nothing to do with the content I've done.

We had reaiders leave the game becuase they felt that they could not compete at the same level becuase they lacked the right legendaries. They were raiders that had been with us for years. It's sad to see that happen becuase of a system that could have been made so much better with so little effort.

Medium population server down to a low population server, only 'serious' Horde side raiding guild transferred off to a healthier server. Another Alliance guild did the same. Nobody over 5/9 Mythic now.

Need some server mergers, it is real lame not being able to do content due to lack of bodies.