Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Quel'Thalas is Missing! (Argus view)

So, I spent some time looking at Azeroth rotating, from the Vindicaar. I noticed the EPL, but nothing above it. That's right, no Quel'Thalas. I think the Draenei starting isles are also missing. Is this just an in-developer joke at Blizz? ("Because they are on a seperate server lol guys".) Northrend is accurate, so is Kalimdor down to the Horde Azshara look.

Better view, if needed: http://i.imgur.com/kohjy0k.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird if it's true. I'm gonna check this out too.
    Also: I guess it's an inside joke about the fact those zones are on different servers, like you mentioned OP

Deleted
    Nope. The Continents on the planet here are the 3d texture maps if I'm not mistaken, which makes this look incredible. Funnily (I think we mostly agreed on this in an original thread about the topic from when the PTR hit) Quel'thalas and the Draenei isles are in Outland. Not directly - but on an instance level. Which is why both zones are behind loading screens in case you want to zone in naturally.

So TL;DR: It's the actual Game Map from pre-cata (Wotlk I think) and Quel'thalas as well as Azuremyst & Bloodmyst are not there, because they are not technically speaking on the same instance map.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Nope. The Continents on the planet here are the 3d texture maps if I'm not mistaken, which makes this look incredible. Funnily (I think we mostly agreed on this in an original thread about the topic from when the PTR hit) Quel'thalas and the Draenei isles are in Outland. Not directly - but on an instance level. Which is why both zones are behind loading screens in case you want to zone in naturally.

So TL;DR: It's the actual Game Map from pre-cata (Wotlk I think) and Quel'thalas as well as Azuremyst & Bloodmyst are not there, because they are not technically speaking on the same instance map.
    No. Pandaria's on there.

You just have to look REALLY hard in it. Under the blackness, it's there. It's just faint.

Which makes sense, cause...well...Pandaria is South, and it should still be in a bit of Mists, even after the Expansion, if i'm not mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there ARE files to this world map, showing all the Continents, if i'm not mistaken.

Someone should post the Azeroth 7.3 World files again. Cause, I know they're there.

It's just a top-down screenshot of the actual continent, pasted onto a blue circle.

Quel'thalas is missing because it doesn't exist on the same continent.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-09-04 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    So, I spent some time looking at Azeroth rotating, from the Vindicaar. I noticed the EPL, but nothing above it. That's right, no Quel'Thalas. I think the Draenei starting isles are also missing. Is this just an in-developer joke at Blizz? ("Because they are on a seperate server lol guys".) Northrend is accurate, so is Kalimdor down to the Horde Azshara look.

Neither is Teldrassil for some reason so chill o/

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post

If you look better you will notice that they use pre-cata Eastern Kingdoms.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    No. Pandaria's on there.

You just have to look REALLY hard in it. Under the blackness, it's there. It's just faint.

Which makes sense, cause...well...Pandaria is South, and it should still be in a bit of Mists, even after the Expansion, if i'm not mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there ARE files to this world map, showing all the Continents, if i'm not mistaken.

Someone should post the Azeroth 7.3 World files again. Cause, I know they're there.
    Yeah, they're all there, that's what I kinda wanted to tug at. It's the Azeroth World Map from WotLK (because some Zones were not in their Cataclysm state), with Pandaland and the Broken Isles slapped onto it. But whoever made it seemingly forgot to slap Quel'thalas and the two mysts on there. Pretty sure this was still the common positive back in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Yeah, they're all there, that's what I kinda wanted to tug at. It's the Azeroth World Map from WotLK (because some Zones were not in their Cataclysm state), with Pandaland and the Broken Isles slapped onto it. But whoever made it seemingly forgot to slap Quel'thalas and the two mysts on there. Pretty sure this was still the common positive back in the other thread.
    True.

But, i'm gonna pull a Blizzard here, and make an excuse for as to why we can't see it:

...Due to both the Sunwell incident, as well as 7.3's BS, the Sunwell likely put a shield around them, making both the isle itself look invisible, along with the entirety of Quel'thalas in general.

However, due to the Legion not being dumbasses, and having learned about the 2.4 BS, they're likely invading them. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Likely fixed the shit from the Cataclysm lore-wise, hence why they used the Old Maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    True.

But, i'm gonna pull a Blizzard here, and make an excuse for as to why we can't see it:

...Due to both the Sunwell incident, as well as 7.3's BS, the Sunwell likely put a shield around them, making both the isle itself look invisible, along with the entirety of Quel'thalas in general.

However, due to the Legion not being dumbasses, and having learned about the 2.4 BS, they're likely invading them. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Likely fixed the shit from the Cataclysm lore-wise, hence why they used the Old Maps.
    That's very clever. I hadn't thought of the Ban'dinoriel (Quel'thalas' shield) projecting a sea view from above.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    That's very clever. I hadn't thought of the Ban'dinoriel (Quel'thalas' shield) projecting a sea view from above.
    Yeah, this is likely only used for special occasions. For example, they used it against the Undead Scourge. Yet, that failed.

However, here, this is the Legion's BIGGEST gateway yet (Even bigger than the Felstorm). So, of course they have to use it. LOL

Nah, it's really just stitched up together. Kalimdor is cata one, northrend is present, but EK is pre cata.
    When you look at the texture you see so many errors, like it doesnt even have Twiligh Highlands, Gilneas and much more. Kezan is not present either and south is completly cut off. Here's high ress map, just look at it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    It's because we went back in time to Argus. In a separate timeline.

If you look really closely you can see the forgotten continent of the lost troll civilization. Troll expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Really i can't make up anything from that picture, lol. Maybe use MS Paint and draw some red lines on it to see where the continents are supposed to be?
    Last edited by mmoc217b3a527e; 2017-09-04 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Adding something.

In-game globes aren't canon; move along.

I actually sent Blizzard this image 2 months ago. Surprise, they didn't get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I actually sent Blizzard this image 2 months ago. Surprise, they didn't get back to me.
    Someone had to be really lazy at Blizzard.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

There are other odd things. WPL is still brown on that map, when it's purified in-game. I noticed the zone of Azshara not really looking much like the Horde symbol as it does now as well - though it was mostly blocked by clouds.

This is all odd, considering it's HUGE in the skies of Argus, and something fans of WoW lore would look at.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Pre cata? lol i cant even see stormwind harbor from here.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...