Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    GW2, definitely. When the first videos of elementalist skills were presented me and my guild couldn't wait for the game. With more information being given we were becoming more sceptical but first playable demo (at Gamescom I think?) with the fight against Shatterer and the manifesto made us believe again. Release came and the charm was halved. The things I disliked overwhelmed the ones I liked. Halloween came and it gave another spark of hope. It lasted for some time (wintersday, some eps of LS1) but AN clearly didn't know and still don't know where and how they want to develop their game. It seems like every 6 months a brand new team takes over the game. Me and my guild friends play GW1 more often than GW2 nowadays.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I downloaded it and really wanted to give it a go, but I never made it more than 10 minutes into the game after I realized I couldn't bind my keys the way I want.

I'm left handed, and play with left handed Razer Naga, with the majority of my keybinds in virtually all games being on the right side of the keyboard (arrow keys, numpad, ins, home, page up/down etc...). As soon as I realized I couldn't bind my keys the way I wanted, I uninstalled.
    Wow, being a righty I had no idea that was a thing for BSO....that freaking sucks man, I'm sorry. Makes me wonder what the devs were even thinking not allowing that.

dota type of games, diablo and gw2 :C

15+ Year Old Account
    Western games and turn based strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    PUBG - get bored after a single map. Don't really understand the hype.

GW2 - I LOVED GW1, and wanted to enjoy GW2 so much, but i don't think i have ever made it past level 10...just can not get into the story or world.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Most of the earlier Final Fantasy games. I really want to like them since the series is well known for telling good stories, but I absolutely cant stand the gameplay. Random encounter, turnbased combat gets so annoying in the long run that I end up getting more and more angry everytime an enemy encounter happens randomly when I dont want it to.

WOW. I played it for so long and invested quite a bit of time into it but blizz just keeps making it worse and worse. I want to like it again but so far I can't.

No Man's Sky. Game was terrible at launch and has only gotten slightly better. Still not worth the money and it will be a long time before I feel it was worth what was spent on it. A game I wanted to like but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Overwatch: barely an ok game but not great and has so little depth to it. Paper, rock Scissors shooter requiring no real skill. I loaded up unreal tournament and it beats overwatch everyday of the week. Tried to like it but didn't.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-09-12 at 03:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    Alien Isolation , I´m a big alien fan but the game its just not for me, though I really like the theme and everything, the AI for the alien seems to be annoying enough to make me quit.
    Interestingly enough, there was a series of tweets from devs releasing inside secrets on some recent games. Alien devs said the Xenomorph actually has two AIs. One that literally knows where you are at ALL times and then it gives the AI that controls the body hints to try and find you. Fucking evil man.
    BAD WOLF

Most survival games. Look at them and think "oh this is good" then the devs do some questionable shit to them, don't optimise them for 2 years (looking at you ARK) or just abandon them.

Right now the only one I play is Subnautica.

The Witcher.. I tried to start the first one several times, but I hated the controls. I don't think I even got through the tutorial, even though I really wanted to play that game.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    @Aeula Have you tried Divinity: Original Sin? That had great combat, the sequel is out on the 14th, I'd check it out.

I'd have to agree with people about The Witcher series, bought the second for £3 after Dark Souls (brilliant game) and just couldn't get over how bad the combat was, didn't even try the sequel because they didn't fix it from what I could tell.
    I've heard this before

A souls game ruining all other rpgs for somebody

A reviewer disliked witcher 3 because he just finished bloodborne

On Topic, anything bethesda, because its boring compared to souls :3

Old rpgs that everyone praises as the best ever. I kind of had to force myself through Baldur's Gate, guess the graphics and the gameplay is too outdated for me.

Story is nice, but right now I'd say it wasn't worth it.

I cannot get past Chrono Trigger. Dunno if it's just one thing or a combination of things, I respect that some people consider it great but to me, it's just boring as hell and after my 10th attempt, I can't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim. Tried to play it SO many times, most recently TODAY, when Steam did a free weekend thing...

I just can't get into it, I know if I did I'd really enjoy it, because I love the setting. I just can't handle first person melee combat though...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Divinity: Dragon Commander

Loved everything about the game except the real time combat, Just felt like a shitty RTS so I ended up refunding it

Diablo type games, I put over 100 hrs into D3, beat Diablo on Inferno, played a bunch of the expansion, and now I just don't care for it or any other game like it for some reason. It's a shame because I want to like PoE.

MOBAs, I think I just hate the "click to move" system, I prefer 3rd person or first person.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Skyrim. Tried to play it SO many times, most recently TODAY, when Steam did a free weekend thing...

I just can't get into it, I know if I did I'd really enjoy it, because I love the setting. I just can't handle first person melee combat though...
    I never liked the first person melee combat myself. However, you have the option to zoom back out and play it in third person view, which is much more manageable. I play all Fallout and Elder Scroll games that way. I suggest you try it that way.

I don't have a need to like something I just don't like.

Which is probably why you never see me hanging around games and the fanbase of games I have no interest in. I don't like FPS games, I don't like MOBA's, I don't like fighting games, I don't like racing games (Mario Kart being the exception), I don't even like MMORPG's by default, only a very slim selection of them... <.<

I have and will however keep giving new games that look interesting a chance, even if they belong to a genre I don't like overall. Gonna try Overwatch soon. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-08 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Played it. Love it. Backed the second on Kickstarter. Turn based combat is fun, real time with pause and a really tiny actionbar is... less so for me. Dragon Age Origins, II and Inquisition being the exceptions since the pause is not as needed.

Also as someone who hates Witcher 2 combat, but played it for the story; Witcher 3 is significantly better. The combat is pretty good imo.
    You want also try Temple of Elemental Evil if you enjoy turn based combat. Game is very hard though.

GW2, ASSFAGGOTS/MOBAs, Eve, Skyrim, almost the entire RTS genre, "Souls" or "Souls"-like games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    PUBG - get bored after a single map. Don't really understand the hype.

GW2 - I LOVED GW1, and wanted to enjoy GW2 so much, but i don't think i have ever made it past level 10...just can not get into the story or world.
    Nothing to be ashamed about, since nu-Anet shat on both of those aspects hard.