Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    competitive overwatch wasnt meant to be played solo, youll only get so far, its for an organized team just play quickplay or get some friends/reddit comp team

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I know you're kidding but seriously getting 5 friends of equal skill that work together well online at the same time to play together is genuinely fucking hard.
    its really not tho people do it on wow all the time with more people

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    its really not tho people do it on wow all the time with more people
    It is legitimately the hardest thing in WoW, and I've seen it destroy friendships aha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I know you're kidding but seriously getting 5 friends of equal skill that work together well online at the same time to play together is genuinely fucking hard.
    The most difficult part is when your friends aren't as good at the high skill cap characters they think they're good at.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The most difficult part is when your friends aren't as good at the high skill cap characters they think they're good at.
    And then the ducking starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

competitive overwatch wasnt meant to be played solo, youll only get so far, its for an organized team just play quickplay or get some friends/reddit comp team
    The problem with "competitive" Overwatch is that it isn't. Competitive mode needs to mean something, have a setup period, have drafting, etc... things to discourage lock-and-lose behavior. For example, the game could start with a setup, there's 15 seconds to indicate your preferred two heroes. Then it randomly drafts, basically in a random order each player on your team picks their heroes, and it FORCES 2-2-2. Yes, yes, I know that will "limit creativity", don't care, maybe that restriction can be lifted in Masters / Grandmasters, below that, it's forced.

Blizzard has this idea that Competitive can be as open as Quick Play, and just as easy to queue for, and have these shiny gold weapons, and that it's going to be okay. It's not. I tried it this weekend, once my win rate exceeded 60% it decided I was going to get paired with Masters players who were trying to throw their accounts down to Bronze to get easier wins and thus easier points, since their season reward was already locked in. What a great system.

Until Blizzard actually lets players ban / block people for a season, has a setup phase that makes it impossible to be a "Hanzo main" every game, and actively moderates competitive reports differently than QP reports - as in, if you screw around in competitive, you get a "real" report that players have a finite number of to use each week, and when you use one of those, you get a response, a moderator tells you when action is taken against that player. Until then, forget it, it's a crapshoot because they treat competitive like QP and it makes the player who wants to win the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
    The problem with "competitive" Overwatch is that it isn't. Competitive mode needs to mean something, have a setup period, have drafting, etc... things to discourage lock-and-lose behavior. For example, the game could start with a setup, there's 15 seconds to indicate your preferred two heroes. Then it randomly drafts, basically in a random order each player on your team picks their heroes, and it FORCES 2-2-2. Yes, yes, I know that will "limit creativity", don't care, maybe that restriction can be lifted in Masters / Grandmasters, below that, it's forced.

Blizzard has this idea that Competitive can be as open as Quick Play, and just as easy to queue for, and have these shiny gold weapons, and that it's going to be okay. It's not. I tried it this weekend, once my win rate exceeded 60% it decided I was going to get paired with Masters players who were trying to throw their accounts down to Bronze to get easier wins and thus easier points, since their season reward was already locked in. What a great system.

Until Blizzard actually lets players ban / block people for a season, has a setup phase that makes it impossible to be a "Hanzo main" every game, and actively moderates competitive reports differently than QP reports - as in, if you screw around in competitive, you get a "real" report that players have a finite number of to use each week, and when you use one of those, you get a response, a moderator tells you when action is taken against that player. Until then, forget it, it's a crapshoot because they treat competitive like QP and it makes the player who wants to win the bad guy.
    people just need to get a clue. If your playing comp with randoms your going to be disappointed for having expectations of strangers. If you form a comp team to regularly play with then you can play it as intended. Having the mode stays like this allows people to match up with strangers at their own risk if they want to save up for gold but the idea of forming a competitive team should be encouraged or you should stick to quickplay. This is someone who has never stepped foot in comp because I dont have a team to play with

10+ Year Old Account
    there is literally no reason to play quickplay lol. people try the first round then everything goes to shit in the 2nd. this may or may not award you a victory. if you ever thought people in comp were retarded, people in quickplay are beyond retarded. there is zero motivation to win. it's complete twat waffling.

and of course it was meant to be played solo... that's why people who play together are punished for playing together.

Quick play should be incentivized with currency per win (even if it's something small like 10c) if it ever wants to be taken seriously again. There is not a more pointless game mode in the game. 6v6 will never be casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there is literally no reason to play quickplay lol. people try the first round then everything goes to shit in the 2nd. this may or may not award you a victory. if you ever thought people in comp were retarded, people in quickplay are beyond retarded. there is zero motivation to win. it's complete twat waffling.

and of course it was meant to be played solo... that's why people who play together are punished for playing together.

Quick play should be incentivized with currency per win (even if it's something small like 10c) if it ever wants to be taken seriously again. There is not a more pointless game mode in the game. 6v6 will never be casual.
    quickplay isnt meant to be taken serious thats the whole point. its meant for you to hop in play whoever the hell you want and try to win without strategizing much with pugs. competitive was meant for organized team play yet people play it likes its quickplay expecting coordination/no trolls which isnt feasible

10+ Year Old Account
    its like that because golden guns etc attract the wrong kind of player to comp. what do you get from comp you can't get from quickplay? why would you play quickplay where everyone loses miserably? & doesn't even try? makes more sense to just go to comp and play instead so that way you can practice in an environment that makes learning how to play easier/more fun.

6v6 will never be casual even if it has a practice mode lol the best practice will always be real experience vs players who are good at killing you, not people learning how to play a different type of hero - composition matters too much in comp if you don't have enough skill. Sadly enough, I think people play TDM much better than Payload/2cp/Control. They are willing to switch, they are willing to try something new. They don't mind doing this in TDM because they want to win and a swap will effect tdm faster than comp modes, but for some reason they do not bring this mindset to competitive.