Thread: PVP Talents

15+ Year Old Account

Horde PVP Talents

Are you able to NOT pick up pvp talents and still perform well? I just picked up the replacement for Gladiator's Medallion (passive that breaks CC 5 seconds or longer) and it sucks ass. And I'm looking at this lvl 28 talent Spirit of the Redeemer I'm not impressed by it either. It takes away spirit of redemption when you die and makes it an active ability with a 3 minute CD. Doesn't sound like an improvement to me.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Are you able to NOT pick up pvp talents and still perform well? I just picked up the replacement for Gladiator's Medallion (passive that breaks CC 5 seconds or longer) and it sucks ass. And I'm looking at this lvl 28 talent Spirit of the Redeemer I'm not impressed by it either. It takes away spirit of redemption when you die and makes it an active ability with a 3 minute CD. Doesn't sound like an improvement to me.
    It is not replacements, it is a talent tree you slowly unlock by levelling up. And no, you will be at a disadvantage if you do not pick any PvP talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    It is not replacements, it is a talent tree you slowly unlock by levelling up. And no, you will be at a disadvantage if you do not pick any PvP talents.
    Ok then I don't understand how Spirit of the Redeemer works then. It says it REPLACES Spirit of Redemption. Then says "Your SOR is now an active ability with a 3 minute CD but the duration is reduced by 8 seconds & you no longer enter SOR upon dying". But yeah I just saw that the talents change from the far left to the middle talents when I pick those up now so its 1 per line I see now.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ok then I don't understand how Spirit of the Redeemer works then. It says it REPLACES Spirit of Redemption. Then says "Your SOR is now an active ability with a 3 minute CD but the duration is reduced by 8 seconds & you no longer enter SOR upon dying". But yeah I just saw that the talents change from the far left to the middle talents when I pick those up now so its 1 per line I see now.
    That's what I meant, maybe I should have been clearer:
    If the talent says it replaces an ability, then it replaces an ability. But, you choose only one out of three talents to have active at one specific time.

Example with the last holy priest row:
    You get to choose between Divine Attendant, which reduces the cd on Guardian Spirit by 2 min, Spirit of the Redeemer, which replaces your Spirit of Redemption passive and changes it into an active ability, and Ray of Hope. Only ONE of them can be active at any given time - in short they function exactly like your regular talents, only they are unlocked by reaching a higher honor level rather than character level.

Spirit of the Redeemer is an active ability that turns you into that angel form and makes you untargetable by hostile spells and it also lets you free cast for the duration without mana costs I believe. (I rarely play priests)

Does this sort out your confusion?