Poll: How do you like from your TV Series you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Rate a TV Series

Rate a TV Series where ever you find it, do you have any recommendations, what are you watching now, how well do you rate it so far 1 -10?

Do you have any previous series you would rate, and recommend?

Personally I am not much of a big movie theater buff anymore, and what not but I do from time to time binge watch a series, although typically more than 1 at a time.

Orange is the New Black: 7/10 - NetFlix

I didn't get a chance to watch this until the 5th Season, it's kind of dropped off a little with this last season 6.

G.L.O.W Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling: 8/10 - NetFlix

It's a great series only been 1 season but it is a lot of fun to watch completely unexpected.

Watching Right Now

Ballers Season 3 - HBO

So far so good, it's keeping me interested

What's Coming Up

Star Trek Destiny - CBS Networks, I am debating on whether or not to subscribe just for this series. To at least give it a Try

Thread Question: I do notice a difference between TV series in the U.S vs everywhere else, in the States it seems that Series run more episodes per season but ultimately have less stories, but over in other countries series seem to have less episodes more same amount of seasons if it successful, but more story.

Which one do you prefer more, More Episodes Per Season and Less Story, or More Story Less Episodes?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Orphan Black: 10/10.
    The final season just aired, and I can honestly say this is my favourite TV show of all time. If you like strong character led drama with a Sci Fi edge and OUTSTANDING performances, this is the show for you.

12 Monkeys: 8.5/10.
    Based on the Terry Gilliam movie, I was initially hesitant. The first season basically following the plot of the movie, but with a few extra steps SEEMED to confirm that this would be at best an average show... Then season two took off on it's own wierd path, and season three cemented this as one of my favourite on going Sci Fi shows. The fourth and final season airs next year and I'm REALLY hyped.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Orphan Black: 10/10.
    The final season just aired, and I can honestly say this is my favourite TV show of all time. If you like strong character led drama with a Sci Fi edge and OUTSTANDING performances, this is the show for you.

12 Monkeys: 8.5/10.
    Based on the Terry Gilliam movie, I was initially hesitant. The first season basically following the plot of the movie, but with a few extra steps SEEMED to confirm that this would be at best an average show... Then season two took off on it's own wierd path, and season three cemented this as one of my favourite on going Sci Fi shows. The fourth and final season airs next year and I'm REALLY hyped.
    Is Orphan Black kind of Like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or more dark less campy?

I heard some good things about it.

Rome 10/10, Lucius Vorenus and Pullo is the best duo and it's about rome what more can you ask for, shame there where only 2 seasons.

Spartacus 9/10 sex and violence and again about rome, Jupiters cock it's great.

Vikings 9/10 it's vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Is Orphan Black kind of Like Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Orphan Black is absolutely NOTHING like BtVS. Don't get me wrong, I love Buffy but Orphan Black is a different level altogether.

It's a far far darker, more realistic sci fi (ish) show. At it's heart thoughm it's a character led drama, the lead actress Tatiana Maslany is beyond good. I can't say why, without spoiling the plot, but seriously she delivers a one of a kind performance.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Is Orphan Black kind of Like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or more dark less campy?

I heard some good things about it.
    Definitely more dark, less campy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Rome 10/10, Lucius Vorenus and Pullo is the best duo and it's about rome what more can you ask for, shame there where only 2 seasons.

Spartacus 9/10 sex and violence and again about rome, Jupiters cock it's great.

Vikings 9/10 it's vikings.
    Sounds like a Genre done to death, but I think Black Sail looked good, haven't heard much about it.

Sounds like a Genre done to death, but I think Black Sail looked good, haven't heard much about it.
    Have not seen black sail yet though pirates are pretty sweet so will probably watch it sometime ive heard good things about the show.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-09-08 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    G.L.O.W 8/10 Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

Funny original, and very entertaining great acting kind of reminded me of wrestling back in the day when it was cheesy, and funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snowfall 7.8/10.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Running back through the last few months of television...

Twin Peaks 8/10
    Grading the show on a whole, it loses a lot of points for the middle chunk of season 2. Swinging wildly back and forth from 80s primetime soap satire to surreal arthouse horror, the first two scenes are arguably the least Lynchian stuff Lynch has ever made, while season 3 is the most Lynch that Lynch has ever Lynched. If you're a fan of abstract cinema, horror, and comedy, by all means check it out, but be ready for a wild ride. Of particular note, "The Return, Part 8" is probably the most experimental, envelope-pushing hour of television you're likely to see this decade. If you can't abide artsy stuff or surrealism, you should probably steer clear.

Narcos 8/10
    Just finished season 3. Excellent show all-around, but not inventive enough to push it into a list of my all-time favorites. Even so, I don't think there's a single thing to complain about. If you're concerned that the loss of Wagner Moura's Pablo Escobar would detract from season 3, it definitely doesn't. Season 3 tells a much more compact, tense, and action-oriented story, and it has plenty of interesting and charismatic characters.

Ozark 7/10
    Really interesting premise and good performances. Not a fan of the color grading, but I suppose it does make it look unique compared to other shows. I'm hesitant to rate it as higher than 7/10, but there were some exceptionally strong episodes and it never failed to be compelling. Interesting family dynamics, interesting locations, well shot and directed. Definitely worth watching if you'r a fan of crime shows.

Game of Thrones 8/10
    Seven seasons in the show's writing has dropped off, but taken as a whole there's no way I can't strongly recommend the show, as a gateway to the novels if nothing else. And for all the glaring flaws that have surfaced in the last two years, it's still an absolutely incredible feat of television, with unparalleled production design. If I were to rate just the last two seasons it would probably be a 6/10 or a 7/10, with most of the points going to the production design.

GLOW 6/10
    A really fun show with a solid cast. I feel like it lost a bit of its edge in the latter half of the season and generally became a bit too much of a "feel good" show, compared to the earlier episodes which rung a lot of great comedy and emotion from misery. Marc Marron was the clear high point for me.

Better Call Saul 9/10
    Probably the best ongoing show on television. Like Breaking Bad, it only seems to get better and better as each new season airs, with the third season easily being on the same level as some of the best Breaking Bad seasons, if not outright surpassing them in some areas. The stakes may not be as high, but the sheer quality of craftsmanship that goes into this show is beyond comparison, in my opinion.

American Gods 7/10
    Creative and inventive, with beautiful cinematography and an impeccable cast. I love the show, but I can't bring myself to rate it as highly as other shows I've seen recently simply because, thus far, it hasn't really done a whole lot narratively. It's more meandering and meditative, very character-driven. Not that that's a bad thing, it just doesn't blow my hair back or anything.

Fargo 9/10
    My favorite series since Breaking Bad, with Fargo season 2 probably being my favorite single season of television of all time. The first two seasons are beyond brilliant, and while the third season dips and meanders a bit, it absolutely sticks the landing. There are currently no plans for a fourth season, which is both fortunate (in that they aren't forcing it) and unfortunate (in that I love the "Coenverse"). While Better Call Saul is shaping up to be the better show, Fargo really hits all my buttons.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-09-09 at 03:30 PM.

Dark Matter 7/10
    A funny sci-fi that doesn't take itself too seriously, a bit variable quality on the acting gut all in all a show worth watching.

Black Sails 10/10
    Just awesome, most binge-worthy series in many years.

Dark Mirror 8/10
    Disturbingly good, but dark and depressing.

Vikings 7/10
    Great series, but it sadly has failed to keep momentum in the later seasons.

Preacher 9/10
    Season 2 is way better than the first, but still falls a bit short of the comics.

The Strain 7/10
    Cheesy monster series done right, absolutely worth the time while waiting for walking dead.

The Americans 8/10
    Great spy series.

Man in the high castle 9/10
    Sci-fi meets crime noire, beautiful and really well done. Great cast.

The idea there is less story but more episodes does not make sense as written. It's a contradiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont watch TV series really. However, Archer is fucking awesome and would def recommend, 8/10.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Obviously it's hard to compete with GoT, so no need to comment that.

Spartacus was great, The Man in the High Castle is up there too.
    Of "lesser" series, i'd say The Strain was a good popcorn series, nothing spectacular, TWD has become really stale.

I loved Black Sails right up untill the last few episodes, this was really NOT the ending I wanted.

Westworld 9.5/10
    This show is damn near perfect, and probably the best show I've ever seen
    The perfect blend of AI, western and mind-fuck.

Stranger things 9/10
    Amazing horror/thriller/whatever where people make rational non-retarded decisions.

Game of Thrones 9/10
    It's Got. The last couple of seasons seem a bit rushed, the last season in particular should have been 2 seasons.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Orphan Black and Sense8 are interchangeable to me: horrible, pretentious, try-hard pseudo-progressive crap. 1/10

It's watchable for a couple of episodes, but soon enough the show try-harding to be "progressive" and emancipated gets on your nerves. Strong female protagonist, strong gay sidekick (male), gay sidekick (female), transgender sidekick, soccermom sidekick, some female impersonation of Clint Eastwood (but overweight), blablabla. Like they tried to tick off all the boxes. Fuck off with that forced, pretentious bullshit. Seriously, it disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Orphan Black and Sense8 are interchangeable to me: horrible, pretentious, try-hard pseudo-progressive crap. 1/10

It's watchable for a couple of episodes, but soon enough the show try-harding to be "progressive" and emancipated gets on your nerves. Strong female protagonist, strong gay sidekick (male), gay sidekick (female), transgender sidekick, soccermom sidekick, some female impersonation of Clint Eastwood (but overweight), blablabla. Like they tried to tick off all the boxes. Fuck off with that forced, pretentious bullshit. Seriously, it disgusts me.
    If that's all you saw in Orphan Black you were "trying-hard" to find something wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post

You forgot to whine about the Black Cop Sidekick. Also how some of the antagonists are White Christians and White Executive Types. Its truly a SJWpalooza. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The idea there is less story but more episodes does not make sense as written. It's a contradiction.
    Think of it like this:Law & Order, Criminal Minds, most sitcoms. 24 episode seasons, but they're mostly "story of the week", with little(if any) ongoing story. It's like 24 short stories, and if you miss 2-3 episodes, it doesn't matter. Compare that with a 12-15 episode season of shows like The Shield, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, GoT, Sons of Anarchy, etc where there's fewer episodes, but every episode is part of a single, ongoing story and missing an episode or 2 can have serious consequences in terms of plotlines.