Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    No Joke, 6 years ago my Brother found a copy of WoW Classic CE at a Storage Unit that was auctioned off. He gave me the CE because he knew I love WoW.

Never Opened it, wanted to wait for WoW's 15th anniversary before even dreaming of putting it on AH and by then I wanted to go to Blizzcon and get the dev staff to autograph a book i would sell along with it.

However, 3 years ago, my house caught fire and I lost everything I owned. Luckily family got out alright but I remember the Insurance company only crediting 70 dollars for my WoW CE because thats what the current CE was going for at the time. I was soooo pissed.
    Damn, you had a golden goose. Sorry for your loss. Thankfully what really matters was safe, though. And your insurance company made out like a bandit on that one haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. You disproved yourself by saying "all of it" when it's still worth way more now as an opened, like-new item compared to what its retail price was.
    I'm not really sure why you came here other than to humblebrag... because clearly you already have all the answers.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. You disproved yourself by saying "all of it" when it's still worth way more now as an opened, like-new item compared to what its retail price was.
    A sealed one is still somewhat of a guarantee that the codes aren't used. Since most of the people who are buying the old CEs is doing it for the codes the value will drop significantly if they codes are useless. Some want to just put them on a shelf, but the value is still in the codes.

Compare it to an NES. You can buy them for somewhere between $100-$200 or something like that. I don't really know. But if you buy one that can't play games it is vastly cheaper and possibly even impossible to sell because it's useless.

I wish I had the foresight to buy a Vanilla CE. That's absurd.

It is a total of 9 feats of strength, 4 pets, and 1 mount, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked. Only like 200 bucks each. It somewhat seems like a waste for them to just sit on a shelf unopened haha. Who knows what they might be worth 30 years from now to serious collectors, though, huh?
    In 30 years the game will almost certainly be turned off and at that point they are worthless. As for the pets do you think each one is worth 200 dollars? If so you have answered your question about what to do. I personally would sell them but none of that stuff holds any value to me.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In 30 years the game will almost certainly be turned off and at that point they are worthless. As for the pets do you think each one is worth 200 dollars? If so you have answered your question about what to do. I personally would sell them but none of that stuff holds any value to me.
    I never asked what I should do. I was asking what others would do. I also wouldn't say they'd be worthless. It'll always be a collectible item, whether or not WoW is still a game thats playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I'm not really sure why you came here other than to humblebrag... because clearly you already have all the answers.
    Why I came here is in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all the Collector's Editions sealed except Vanilla, BC, and WOTLK. Don't have Vanilla because I didn't start WoW from day 1. BC I opened because I needed the disc to play the game and WOTLK I could never find a CE.

I never asked what I should do. I was asking what others would do. I also wouldn't say they'd be worthless. It'll always be a collectible item, whether or not WoW is still a game thats playable.
    As of now, they're a collectable item. As of the day this game is switched off, it's a collectable paper weight. If you need cash, I'd sell them; if not, keep it. But don't think you'll get more for it once the game is switched off, because as many others have said, the digital codes are where the money lies. People just flat out won't pay as much for a pretty cardboard box as they would when the contents of that cardboard box had some pretty pixel utility.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

I'm not indecisive :P I just wanted to hear how others look at them.
    I'm not indecisive either
    or maybe I am. I'm not sure

I think you should keep them sealed. When the game dies, they would be of great value for collectors. Also, there is a huge chance they all would be released to buy digitally on the final expansion, like the Starcraft 2 digital content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently came into possession of a TBC, WoTLK, Cata, and MoP Collector's Edition, all sealed.

What would you guys/gals do? Open them up and get the Feats/Pets/Mounts, or would you stash them away as a collector would in the hopes that they continue to appreciate in value?
    Well, the MoP one is still common, as is the Cata.

I would myself save the TBC one. Wrath could bring in a little coin unless you don't have the pet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Don't open, a vanilla CE recently sold for 12k USD. Opening them would be a huge huge mistake. Legion overall has been a success, and very very likely the next one will be too. So wait and sell imo.
    Vanilla CE is completely different from all of the others, and is much more valuable. That said, unless you're dying for the pets and the MoP CE mount, I'd just hold onto them. Any value in the future is going to be worth more than a handful of pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Open them.

Tough choice. On one hand, I'd definitely want to sell them because need of money, but on the other hand, I'd probably end up keeping them (i.e opening them and adding to upgrade my acc) it's ofc every dedicated players dream to have all the C.Es.

I sadly only have CATA, MOP and LEG. I regret so much not buying the other CEs back in the day.

Deleted
    sealed doesnt mean it hasnt been open before.

you can reseal this in any store XD

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    sealed doesnt mean it hasnt been open before.

you can reseal this in any store XD

Yep, this is true. But even if the keys are used, the box itself is worth a lot if in good condition. I'd buy a vanilla CE box if I got the chance, because with a key it would be too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely sell them- the ones worth money. Open the ones worth less than $100 imo.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In 30 years the game will almost certainly be turned off and at that point they are worthless.
    You mean turn off like they did with EQ? yeah, right....

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    sell that sht for big dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go ahead and open the MoP one. Given that there was a Deluxe edition for MoP that was available for a few years, its value is extremely low.

The TBC, WotLK, and Cata ones, however, are worth a good amount. Ask yourself this - Do you really, REALLY want to pass up $1k or MORE, just for 3 pets and some FoS? Note that the pets aren't even decent ones for pet battling, and just look somewhat cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Personally, I'd open them, hell if i came into a Vanilla CE i'd still open it, those pets are awesome.