Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I disagree with your first sentence. WoW is a legendary game, one of the greatest by many standards, so I believe these items will still be valuable even after WoW is long gone as a playable game. Some of its value is definitely tied up in the digital items, though. There's also more than one type of collector. Those who keep everything in the package, those who are pet/mount collectors, those who are art collectors, and some who just want the box itself to display, among others.
    Yeah no.

Although WoW can probably live on for 20+ more years, the day it closes down, the value of the boxes will die as well. The value is entirely tied to the digital features of the CE's.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-16 at 03:10 AM.

TBC has value... the rest not so much. WotLK onwards were so readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You mean turn off like they did with EQ? yeah, right....
    It hasn't been 30 years on that and EQ isn't owned by a company connected to Activision.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sell them, or keep them sealed as a collector's thing for yourself.

Don't open them for sure. That's what I would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah no.

Although WoW can probably live on for 20+ more years, the day it closes down, the value of the boxes will die as well. The value is entirely tied to the digital features of the CE's.

Diablo 2 servers have been kept up for 17 years now. Starcraft, 19 years. If these games that made absolutely NO extra money past the original game purchase could have their servers kept up for 17 years, you can bet money that Blizzard will keep up at least 1 World of Warcraft server when the rest of the world has moved onto VRMMORPGS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

In my opinion hold them for as long as you can while the game remains active. Then sell. That is if you are not rich. If you are screw it.

Since it's BC onwards i would open them. As i opened mine. Not really worth effort to sell them.

Vanilla would be another case. But even then i guess i would open it. I don't care about the money. The Memory of Vanilla is what's worth most to me.

Deleted
    I'll be honest, if I could manage to get CE's, especially the vanilla one, I'd tear the shit naked and spend whole week in bed with it, cuddling and playing wow... damn wish I had more/any money back then... being a child when vanilla was out sucked ass

If you keep it, you might actually get some real life money out of it. Then again, some people pay hundreds of dollars/euros for a single rare mount, so if you're that person, go ahead and open.

I think you can actually get most of them digitally though still (maybe from starting from mop or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    that mini diablo is priceless!

As a dedicated player since 2005, i'd open them... But then again, as someone with shit income irl, i'd be tempted to auction them off. Tough call. But would probably open.

EU cant even claim the TBC CE anymore, NA still can.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?