Sept 6 Hotfixes, AK Weekly Increase Bug, Blue Posts, Heroes Patch, Overwatch Comic

Innkeeper, the Hearthstone Digital Assistant, Now Supports Twitch Extensions!

Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Argus
    • Fel Lava on Argus will no longer damage pets.
    • The number of World Quests required to complete the Argussian Reach Emissary is reduced to 3 (was 4) until next week, when more Argussian Reach World Quests will become available.

Classes

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • [Hotfix in testing] Fixed a bug preventing Starsurge from having visual or sound effects.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • [Hotfix in testing] Fixed a bug that made Void Eruption’s Vampiric Touch missile display incorrectly.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Elemental Overloads should correctly hit if the target is behind the caster.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Humanoid mobs in low level dungeons should drop gold once again.

Pet Battles
    • Fixed a bug in which Gloamwing and Snozz counted for each other toward the Aquatic Assault achievement.

Quests
    • The objective requirement for the "Core Mechanics" World Quest has been reduced to 8 Crystalline Construct Cores (was 20).

Artifact Knowledge Weekly Increase Bug
    Artifact Knowledge increasing on Monday was unintended. It should happen with the weekly reset going forward!

Argussian Reach Emissary Hotfix
    Noticed this myself as well - I've been actively doing every World Quest across Argus every day, and only have two Argrussian World Quests up now (one normal + one pet battle). I've sent an ask about this over to the development team, so I'll let you know when I hear something official.

I've also asked for clarification on the intent/rule behind "should there always be enough world quests up to immediately complete a new Emissary".

Edit: In the mean time, be patient, as I'm sure more will spawn through the day.

Thanks for your patience everyone - a hotfix is live as of about 15 minutes ago to require the Argussian Reach Emissary Quest to only require three World Quests to complete. There's currently an issue where the text will show as four needed, but it should complete at three.

This is being done temporarily, until next week, at which more Argussian Reach World Quests should be available and the Emissary Quest requirement for this faction will be reverted back to require four.

Even at three there are not enough up.
    I'm seeing two on Mac'Aree and one in Krokuun currently, as of this writing.

Another issue is that some rare boss World Quests intentionally count for both Army of Light and Argussian Reach, but may only show one or the other at the moment, as the UI doesn't seem to want to support showing both. This is something we're looking into, but in the mean time I suggest trying some of the Army of Light rares and seeing if they count.

It's not intended that you would need to Pet Battle or turn in crafting materials to complete this Emissary.

North America Arena Championship Finals: Tune In!
    12 teams are competing, but only 4 can go to the world final at BlizzCon. Who will be there? The North America Arena World Championship is live 7-10 September on our Twitch channel. To keep up with the action, tune in to the broadcast each day at 12:00pm PDT, don’t miss out!

Here’s where to catch the action, Thursday-Sunday from 12:00pm PDT

If you need a quick reminder of what's been happening, watch the latest episode of Gladiator's Summit here.

Your Hosts

These are the faces (and voices) providing expert opinion, hype and point-by-point analysis.

Elliott 'Venruki’ Venczel

Jared ‘Vhell’ Coulston

Josh ‘Lore’ Allen

Sid ‘Supatease’ Compston

Rich Campbell

Jackson "Bajheera" Bliton

Good luck to all the teams, and see you on the stream at 12pm!

Gamescom - Seat of the Triumvirate Interview
    Turps sat down with Morgan Day at Gamescom to talk about the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon that releases next week.

Heroes of the Storm - Patch Notes and Kel'thuzad
    The Kel'thuzad patch is now live and the final part of the behind the scenes series that focuses on Kel'thuzad is now live!

Overwatch Digital Comic - "Wasted Land"
    A new Overwatch comic has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-07 at 01:02 AM.

I seriously hope we get more behind-the-scenes videos like the making of KT.

KT's skills are pretty cool. I imagine its easier to stick to your vision of what you want a moba toon to do vs a wow spec, but they seem to do much better at interesting and somewhat unique champions than wow specs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait.... In the Dev video when talking about the new five man he says something along the lines of this instance is like "Seat Of Azshara" instead of eye? was that a little leak?

I want WotlK expansion again . Please Blizzard make Northern live again .

7+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who do not know... Morgan Day designed some/most of the best encounters in WoW.

Hands down, from what I know he is the best blizz has,

TY Morgan!

Lucky for me My infernal is very very good at pet battling. He completed that quest for me.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if naxxramas comes back.

13k viewers for the amount of effort they've put into this esports nonsense is pretty pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    13k viewers for the amount of effort they've put into this esports nonsense is pretty pathetic.
    5mins of game play and 10mins of talking about the match is enough to turn people away.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    WoW just isn't fun to watch another person play.

With a good dozen or so skills at a player's command, and even more thrown into the mix with talent trees, knowing what you're looking at in a PvP situation can be difficult to follow even for someone who plays WoW, let alone a casual person just watching. And what you're looking at is usually a colossal jumble of numbers flying up into the air.

Compare that to games like HoTs or LoL or Overwatch... characters have maybe five abilities, the progression at which things happen in a match is fairly clear, and the abilities are clearly communicated visually. It's easy to communicate skill in games that have things like skillshots; much less so in something like WoW where things are (generally) auto-targeted and a lot of what happens happens in the form of dots and cooldown management. Fun to participate in, but not fun to watch.

If Blizzard wants to push WoW as an Esport, I'd recommend they take the focus off of arena and push it into battlegrounds, where the objectives are much more evident and the average person can follow the progression of action much more thoroughly. Hell, I'd say taking it to battlegrounds like Wintergrasp where you have massive numbers of people fighting would probably be the most fun to watch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

When did Michael McConnohie do Arthas? Is this more serious than mispronouncing Mac'Aree?

Edit: Ah, okay, he did the Lich King in WotLK.
    Last edited by Grizzelbar; 2017-09-08 at 05:37 AM.