WTF is this deranking system

So.. Place at 3185... Literally CAN NOT win due to shitter i get on my team.. Lost 14 games in a row, 6 of which had leavers.. Due to this, I got deranked. Used to still keep your little Diamond, but instead now, you derank..

Q: "Why are you still playing after losing them"
    A: This is over the course of 4 days.....

why would they implement this system

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why they would, just seems to be an idea to encourage people to stop the moment they get a promotion. It's not like it would prevent boosting or anything either, since you know, they wouldn't play comp once they have their new boosted rank.

Deleted
    It sounds like you played a team vs. team based online game with a matchmaking system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    It sounds like you played a team vs. team based online game with a matchmaking system.
    He's complaining about the new system that, should you lose 5 matches having dropped a rank threshold, that you lose your badge from your previous rank. This happens at all ranks now, not just at Diamond+.

If you want the answer to why 99% of the changes happen, it's because people complained about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So if you place in diamond and lose 5 matches, you'll be brought down to plat?

Do you still keep your points from the highest achieved rank or will I only receive 800 points then?

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep your points from your highest achieved rank in the season. So really nothing has changed. Get Plat at some point in the season, but fall down to Silver by losing however many dozen games, you'll still end up with Plat reward level.

But I'm grateful for the decision to do it this way, I was sick of seeing videos of Plat/Diamond tiered players who chugged their ELO down to Bronze/Silver for luls. They might still do it, and show they can grind back up, but atleast they can't wave their shitty virtual badge around as much now.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I dunno why they would, just seems to be an idea to encourage people to stop the moment they get a promotion. It's not like it would prevent boosting or anything either, since you know, they wouldn't play comp once they have their new boosted rank.
    Pretty much, yes.

Got dimond this time but I'm not the best of players.
    Not going near ranked again this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just losing your little badge. You still get the highest tier rewards you achieved that season.

The reason they're doing this is to combat deranking somewhat. And really, if you deserve the higher rank, even having a bad loss streak just means you should be able to rank back up and re-earn it. I don't really see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're just losing your little badge. You still get the highest tier rewards you achieved that season.

The reason they're doing this is to combat deranking somewhat. And really, if you deserve the higher rank, even having a bad loss streak just means you should be able to rank back up and re-earn it. I don't really see the issue.
    It does nothing to stop deranking whatsoever. Derankers are confident they'll get it back, that's the point of it. All it does is help them hide.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So if you place in diamond and lose 5 matches, you'll be brought down to plat?

Do you still keep your points from the highest achieved rank or will I only receive 800 points then?
    You keep your Diamond points.

ALL THAT YOU LOOSE in the graphic that says what rank you are, you will recieve points based on the highest rank you achieved during the season.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You keep your Diamond points.

ALL THAT YOU LOOSE in the graphic that says what rank you are, you will recieve points based on the highest rank you achieved during the season.
    Ahh, I don't care about my badge lol