Thread: The Orville

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I got the feeling ot was being taken to a museum/research institute for study much like we do with archeological finds today..just instead of shipping say a find from one continent to another for better equipment/experts in given fields they ship to other planets
    Right... but shipping doesnt involve opening. It just seemed kinda dumb as an excuse plot to let Gordon have his weird romantic fling with a hologram of a dead chick. Like Endus said if they found the time capsule floating around in outer space it would have atleast made a little more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They didn't explain where it was found. Plot-wise, it would've made sense if it was a near-2010s era (so not really different from today), but had been fired into space, and someone happened across it centuries later.

Beyond that, I agree; it makes no sense, the Orville would have no reason to be involved.
    The reason it was on-board was because they had the archaeologist come visit the Orville and he happened to have it.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Smoke weed every day!

programmer wise point of view, it would be really easy to just delete/change involvement in the end of Greg? (like make in saying no to be back to her) and Gordan keeping all the chick personality and her as boyfriend

but y, plot drama

The old lets make sense of the sci-fi show game. A long time tradition in insanity. Everyone will need a cigarette after this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    programmer wise point of view, it would be really easy to just delete/change involvement in the end of Greg? (like make in saying no to be back to her) and Gordan keeping all the chick personality and her as boyfriend

but y, plot drama
    Except that the entire program is derived from her data. Removing Greg removes a big chunk of that data, and that changes her. That's the point.

If he's going to keep tweaking her program until she's "perfect", then it's no different from making a digital "girlfriend" in the simulator, which was always possible. And you can tell that nobody thinks highly of someone who's idea of an ideal girlfriend is a totally subservient minion you're in complete control of.

The entire point of the endeavour was that none of this was programmed in; it was as close to "real" as you could get in the simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except that the entire program is derived from her data. Removing Greg removes a big chunk of that data, and that changes her. That's the point.

If he's going to keep tweaking her program until she's "perfect", then it's no different from making a digital "girlfriend" in the simulator, which was always possible. And you can tell that nobody thinks highly of someone who's idea of an ideal girlfriend is a totally subservient minion you're in complete control of.

The entire point of the endeavour was that none of this was programmed in; it was as close to "real" as you could get in the simulator.
    i know, what i said was he remove the final Greg event, she was already in love with Gordon, changing that encounter when she and Greg come back together would be totally doable and she would be the same girl we saw in the entire episode and maintaining her personality

basically would be the real until that point and Gordon could even stopped the events past that point and create news ones with both of them (like the singing duo)

just saying would be easily doable if they wanted to with her 100% personality but that would require the show to hire her :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    i know, what i said was he remove the final Greg event, she was already in love with Gordon, changing that encounter when she and Greg come back together would be totally doable and she would be the same girl we saw in the entire episode and maintaining her personality
    And at that point, you're just coding your perfect fake VR sim-friend, not actually falling in love with a real person.

That was the point of the episode.

Well another episode dropped, and it continues to impress me how well this show is written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I really enjoyed this week's episode, I thought the use of Dolly's Parton's 9-5 was truly excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I really enjoyed this week's episode, I thought the use of Dolly's Parton's 9-5 was truly excellent!
    It was the second best use of that song after it's use in Deadpool 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It was the second best use of that song after it's use in Deadpool 2.
    When was it used in Deadpool 2?

Also really good episode. I liked seeing more of the inner workings of the union and the various different races.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    When was it used in Deadpool 2?

Also really good episode. I liked seeing more of the inner workings of the union and the various different races.
    It starts about 4 minutes in when starts the world tour of dead bad guys montage in the Super Duper Cut.

It starts about 4 minutes in when starts the world tour of dead bad guys montage in the Super Duper Cut.
    Waaaiiit you mean there is a directors cut? Uuuuck I gotta get that

Ah so not the theatrical release?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Ah so not the theatrical release?
    Just checked and it's in the theatrical release as well.

Kelly / Adrianne Palicki has such a gorgeous face (and those eyes!) but I think she's a little bit on the thin side. Probably not unhealthy thin, but I dunno, her legs seemed really skinny in that outfit.
    Anyway, it's just an observation, she's beautiful.
    Last edited by deepr; 2019-04-19 at 09:06 AM.

At the end of the episode: Ruh roh!

Also, I didn't realize Adrianne Palicki was that tall. I mean FFS Jessica Szohr isn't exactly short at 5'5".
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    At the end of the episode: Ruh roh!
    Was not expecting that ending. So the question is will this effect the main crew or was it a seperate timeline?

So it seems this was the first of some kind of two part episode. Ep. 14 is probably the last one of the season.

13: "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow (Part 1)"
    14: "The Road Not Taken (Part 2)"

Well that answers my question then. So if past Kelly rejecting Ed changes the current timeline I wonder who will be the one to realize something is wrong and fix it. Also, still hasn't been picked up for season 3... damnit Fox renew the show.