Thread: The Orville

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #361
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Well that answers my question then. So if past Kelly rejecting Ed changes the current timeline I wonder who will be the one to realize something is wrong and fix it. Also, still hasn't been picked up for season 3... damnit Fox renew the show.
    Better to ask disney now..

  2. #362
    I miss the irreverance of star trek. The orville fails to fill the hole. Discovery is to game of thrones but the orville is too family guy

  3. #363
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Better to ask disney now..
    Fox still owns their TV aspects. Disney bought "everything else".
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  4. #364
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Fox still owns their TV aspects. Disney bought "everything else".
    Ahh ok..kinda damn wish disbey had gotten fox tv library

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I miss the irreverance of star trek. The orville fails to fill the hole. Discovery is to game of thrones but the orville is too family guy
    Orville seems so much more like Trek than Discovery does. :-/

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Orville seems so much more like Trek than Discovery does. :-/
    It is like next gen but worse.

    At least it doesnt have wesley

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Fox still owns their TV aspects. Disney bought "everything else".
    Fox only kept their sports and news networks, they technically still own the basic fox channel, but the shows and studio were all sold. Stuff like Family Guy and The Simpsons are owned by Disney. Pretty sure that includes The Orville.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2019-04-21 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

  8. #368
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fox only kept their sports and news networks, they technically still own the basic fox channel, but the shows and studio were all sold. Stuff like Family Guy and The Simpsons are owned by Disney. Pretty sure that includes The Orville.
    Huh, my bad, you're right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It is like next gen but worse.

    At least it doesnt have wesley
    Jesus wanna edgelord a little more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Huh, my bad, you're right.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Jesus wanna edgelord a little more?
    I'm not saying it is bad. But if it is trying to be star trek it's lacking a lot of the charm and character of next gen.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Orville seems so much more like Trek than Discovery does. :-/
    Because sadly, it is.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  11. #371
    The Orville is coming to Comedy Central. Can't even find an online source for this, but I'm positive it was announced on Comedy Central itself.

  12. #372
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,282
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The Orville is coming to Comedy Central. Can't even find an online source for this, but I'm positive it was announced on Comedy Central itself.
    Ugghh i REALLLLY hope not as i watch it on hulu and ditched cable..and viacom just goes f you ti EVERY digital service they team up with..just gods no..

  13. #373
    Well if the Orville gets cancelled at least it ended on a pretty solid note.

  14. #374
    I really enjoyed this week's episode. Overall it's been a great season and I hope it gets renewed for another.

  15. #375
    Last episode was alright for me. Overall Season 2 was good, yes.
    I'd watch a third season, but honestly, I wouldn't really mind if it didn't happen. I think they've reached their maximum potential and I have my doubts the show can grow further.
    I'm more interested in the next season of The Expanse.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well if the Orville gets cancelled at least it ended on a pretty solid note.
    I believe that is why it ended that way it did. If they knew they were renewed for a third season, it would have ended with the explosion and left us pondering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Last episode was alright for me. Overall Season 2 was good, yes.
    I'd watch a third season, but honestly, I wouldn't really mind if it didn't happen. I think they've reached their maximum potential and I have my doubts the show can grow further.
    I'm more interested in the next season of The Expanse.
    Here's the thing with most shows, they hit their stride in season three, especially for McFarlane. The third seasons for FG, AD, and the Cleveland Show were some of his best work. Season 3 of TNG was one of the better ones, same for DS9, and Voyager. But this is a different climate for TV.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2019-04-27 at 11:35 AM.

  17. #377
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,328
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Here's the thing with most shows, they hit their stride in season three, especially for McFarlane. The third seasons for FG, AD, and the Cleveland Show were some of his best work. Season 3 of TNG was one of the better ones, same for DS9, and Voyager. But this is a different climate for TV.
    It's one of the unfortunate shifts in viewership; if your first season isn't amazesauce, people throw fits. And that's not how we used to evaluate this stuff.

    Go back and watch Season 1 of Star Trek: TNG again. It's terrible. Like, "arguably worst single season of any Star Trek series ever made" terrible. Worse than ST: Enterprise. Worse than ST: Discovery. Enterprise in particular really picked up in season 3 and 4, but was already basically doomed because the first two seasons were only okay. Discovery, we're only two seasons in, but most people agree S2 was a big improvement over S1.

    Let the show find its feet.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's one of the unfortunate shifts in viewership; if your first season isn't amazesauce, people throw fits. And that's not how we used to evaluate this stuff.

    Go back and watch Season 1 of Star Trek: TNG again. It's terrible. Like, "arguably worst single season of any Star Trek series ever made" terrible. Worse than ST: Enterprise. Worse than ST: Discovery. Enterprise in particular really picked up in season 3 and 4, but was already basically doomed because the first two seasons were only okay. Discovery, we're only two seasons in, but most people agree S2 was a big improvement over S1.

    Let the show find its feet.
    I could be wrong but TNG and them had long initial runs, not just a season to see if it would pan out correct?

  19. #379
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,328
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I could be wrong but TNG and them had long initial runs, not just a season to see if it would pan out correct?
    Even now, they don't usually plan for just one season, but shows are always up for being cancelled if viewership sucks. TNG was helped by the fact that it carried the Star Trek name and there wasn't a lot else filling that demand at the time, so viewership was decent through S1, even if the writing and a lot of the ideas were terrible. The cast was also amazing, and are due a ton of credit for polishing the turd that was S1.

  20. #380
    The Lightbringer Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    3,678
    Really enjoyed season 2 and hope it gets picked up for another season. Going back and watching season 1 you realize just how much they toned down the comedy in the second season. Really reduced the random outburst "family guy" style jokes and any humor in S2 is more just characters making the occasional pop culture references or quips.

    My one negative is it still feels like MacFarlane is just trying to recreate next gen. So many episodes are almost direct remakes of TNG episodes. I just want to see them do more original stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •