Thread: The Orville

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hooray! The Orville has officially been renewed!! Camt wait to see whe the go with season 3.

Trailer for the new season is out:

Looks pretty good. Seems like the new girl took over LaMarr's old job as navigator. I think it looks like she has pointed ears so I'm guessing she's going to be a new species or a hybrid maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    You got me all excited with that trailer when the Disney + logo popped up and I thought it was a good sign for the future of the series they actually moved it there but alas, it is the Canadian youtube channel. Still on Hulu in the states.

Looks amazing. Really looking forward. In another timeline, this is what Star Trek Discovery would have looked like. Ah well, please don't let this be the last season! I just love this series. It's just so comfy. Like curling up under a warm blanket.

This is what Star Trek should be.

Humour, heavy stuff, and good writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

Sad how far it has fallen...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    First episode is pretty heavy material. Still very glad the show is back, finally.
    I agree. It was rather shocking. They did a good job mixing in just the right amount of humor too where it isn't too much and let the heavier moments breath.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Great new episode.

And actually taking one and a half minutes to leave the spaceport. Made me rewind and wish I was going with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was weird to have the heavy Orville episode at the same time as the light and fluffy Star Trek episode.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

This. I haven't even resubbed this time for Discovery. I still do want to watch Picard 2, but Discovery really fell off the rails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This. I haven't even resubbed this time for Discovery. I still do want to watch Picard 2, but Discovery really fell off the rails.
    I watched the first half of the first season of Discovery and read the reviews for Picard. That was enough for me to avoid pretty much all of Nu-Trek.

Love The Orville though. Going to try and wait until the season is finishes so I can watch the whole thing at my own pace though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picard is even worse...I am not kidding when I tell you it was bar NONE the stupidest season of Star Trek ever. Nothing in Discovery can even compare to how bad S2 of Picard was. Literally 6-7 out of the 10 episodes were completely pointless filler, one moment they were going on about how awfully mistreated immigrants were treated by ICE and the next they're at a elite party laughing it up like it never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Picard is even worse...I am not kidding when I tell you it was bar NONE the stupidest season of Star Trek ever. Nothing in Discovery can even compare to how bad S2 of Picard was. Literally 6-7 out of the 10 episodes were completely pointless filler, one moment they were going on about how awfully mistreated immigrants were treated by ICE and the next they're at a elite party laughing it up like it never happened
    That's really unfortunate, lol, I liked Picard 1 a good deal, but I have been hearing similar things about 2. Really unfortunate. LOVED TNG and still love Patrick Stewart and the original cast. Sad really.

I haven't seen any of the new season of The Orville, but my whole family are huge fans from when it was on Fox. Hyped about the new season.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-06 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really unfortunate, lol, I liked Picard 1 a good deal, but I have been hearing similar things about 2. Really unfortunate. LOVED TNG and still love Patrick Stewart and the original cast. Sad really.

I haven't seen any of the new season of The Orville, but my whole family are huge fans from when it was on Fox. Hyped about the new season.
    Season 3 is going to have the entire TNG cast coming back...so maybe it will be better.

Season 3 is pretty good so far.
    The only thing I object to is the ridiculous space battles that show way too many ships way too close to each other. Season 2 had that as well, but it seems even worse now.

Funniest scene yet was with Isaac in ep. 4. You'll know it when you see it. Nerdy but very funny.

Heck I enjoy The Orville more than Obi-Wan and ST:Picard Season 2. I still kinda enjoyed those shows as well, even Picard, so my standards aren't that high. But the "classic Star Trek formula" works better for me and The Orvile has it. No wonder, considering many people who were involved with '90s Star Trek shows are now involved with The Orville.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Season 3 is pretty good so far.
    The only thing I object to is the ridiculous space battles that show way too many ships way too close to each other. Season 2 had that as well, but it seems even worse now.

Funniest scene yet was with Isaac in ep. 4. You'll know it when you see it. Nerdy but very funny.

Heck I enjoy The Orville more than Obi-Wan and ST:Picard Season 2. I still kinda enjoyed those shows as well, even Picard, so my standards aren't that high. But the "classic Star Trek formula" works better for me and The Orvile has it. No wonder, considering many people who were involved with '90s Star Trek shows are now involved with The Orville.
    The have dealt with several issues that I don't expect from a Seth McFarlane show.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Another really good episode. Usually I'm not fan of time travel but this was smart and cleverly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Another really good episode. Usually I'm not fan of time travel but this was smart and cleverly done.
    I think it helped it kept the time travel mechanics to a minimum, and mostly dealt with the psychological impacts of time travel policy. The crew also effectively undoes all the possible butterflies they'd created by the end of the episode too.

Was kind of funny in one night we have Orville going to an alternate past, and trek going to an alternate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I think it helped it kept the time travel mechanics to a minimum, and mostly dealt with the psychological impacts of time travel policy. The crew also effectively undoes all the possible butterflies they'd created by the end of the episode too.

Was kind of funny in one night we have Orville going to an alternate past, and trek going to an alternate future.
    It helps that they didn't try to establish many rules. They make it clear that they don't fully understand how time travel works and that they are just being cautious.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love this show. I loved it from the first season. I loved the mix of goofiness and sci-fi drama.

I do wish they had more goofy jokes on seasons 2 and 3. While still loving it, the choice to make it less funny does not sit well with me. While i understand that the theme of some episodes does not warrant goofiness, i just wish there was some more of it in general.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I love this show. I loved it from the first season. I loved the mix of goofiness and sci-fi drama.

I do wish they had more goofy jokes on seasons 2 and 3. While still loving it, the choice to make it less funny does not sit well with me. While i understand that the theme of some episodes does not warrant goofiness, i just wish there was some more of it in general.
    Honestly, I think it works better with less humor. Season 1 had a little too much imo.
    –The Sith Code