Thread: The Orville

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except that the entire program is derived from her data. Removing Greg removes a big chunk of that data, and that changes her. That's the point.

If he's going to keep tweaking her program until she's "perfect", then it's no different from making a digital "girlfriend" in the simulator, which was always possible. And you can tell that nobody thinks highly of someone who's idea of an ideal girlfriend is a totally subservient minion you're in complete control of.

The entire point of the endeavour was that none of this was programmed in; it was as close to "real" as you could get in the simulator.
    i know, what i said was he remove the final Greg event, she was already in love with Gordon, changing that encounter when she and Greg come back together would be totally doable and she would be the same girl we saw in the entire episode and maintaining her personality

basically would be the real until that point and Gordon could even stopped the events past that point and create news ones with both of them (like the singing duo)

just saying would be easily doable if they wanted to with her 100% personality but that would require the show to hire her :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    i know, what i said was he remove the final Greg event, she was already in love with Gordon, changing that encounter when she and Greg come back together would be totally doable and she would be the same girl we saw in the entire episode and maintaining her personality
    And at that point, you're just coding your perfect fake VR sim-friend, not actually falling in love with a real person.

That was the point of the episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well another episode dropped, and it continues to impress me how well this show is written.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I really enjoyed this week's episode, I thought the use of Dolly's Parton's 9-5 was truly excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I really enjoyed this week's episode, I thought the use of Dolly's Parton's 9-5 was truly excellent!
    It was the second best use of that song after it's use in Deadpool 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It was the second best use of that song after it's use in Deadpool 2.
    When was it used in Deadpool 2?

Also really good episode. I liked seeing more of the inner workings of the union and the various different races.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    When was it used in Deadpool 2?

Also really good episode. I liked seeing more of the inner workings of the union and the various different races.
    It starts about 4 minutes in when starts the world tour of dead bad guys montage in the Super Duper Cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    It starts about 4 minutes in when starts the world tour of dead bad guys montage in the Super Duper Cut.
    Waaaiiit you mean there is a directors cut? Uuuuck I gotta get that

Ah so not the theatrical release?

Ah so not the theatrical release?
    Just checked and it's in the theatrical release as well.

Kelly / Adrianne Palicki has such a gorgeous face (and those eyes!) but I think she's a little bit on the thin side. Probably not unhealthy thin, but I dunno, her legs seemed really skinny in that outfit.
    Anyway, it's just an observation, she's beautiful.
    Last edited by deepr; 2019-04-19 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the episode: Ruh roh!

Also, I didn't realize Adrianne Palicki was that tall. I mean FFS Jessica Szohr isn't exactly short at 5'5".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    At the end of the episode: Ruh roh!
    Was not expecting that ending. So the question is will this effect the main crew or was it a seperate timeline?

So it seems this was the first of some kind of two part episode. Ep. 14 is probably the last one of the season.

13: "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow (Part 1)"
    14: "The Road Not Taken (Part 2)"

Well that answers my question then. So if past Kelly rejecting Ed changes the current timeline I wonder who will be the one to realize something is wrong and fix it. Also, still hasn't been picked up for season 3... damnit Fox renew the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that answers my question then. So if past Kelly rejecting Ed changes the current timeline I wonder who will be the one to realize something is wrong and fix it. Also, still hasn't been picked up for season 3... damnit Fox renew the show.
    Better to ask disney now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Better to ask disney now..
    Fox still owns their TV aspects. Disney bought "everything else".

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Fox still owns their TV aspects. Disney bought "everything else".
    Ahh ok..kinda damn wish disbey had gotten fox tv library

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I miss the irreverance of star trek. The orville fails to fill the hole. Discovery is to game of thrones but the orville is too family guy
    Orville seems so much more like Trek than Discovery does. :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fox only kept their sports and news networks, they technically still own the basic fox channel, but the shows and studio were all sold. Stuff like Family Guy and The Simpsons are owned by Disney. Pretty sure that includes The Orville.
    Huh, my bad, you're right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It is like next gen but worse.

At least it doesnt have wesley
    Jesus wanna edgelord a little more?

Just, be kind.