Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need DPS Boost on Argus

I know it's not important, but I get jealous of SO many other classes doing more than 1 mil dps on Argus world bosses. My demonhunter alt, with only one leggo does 1.2 mil pretty often and I rarely break 700k. Sometimes I'm at 600k.

I haven't been using bender, or the typical raid build, because fights don't last that long, so tonight I ran the raid build and it wasn't much better. Is this just the plight of my SP's slow ramp up? Or can I do better? My gear score is 905 and I don't have any tier gear.

Thanks!

Most likely gear, gear, gear.....

That's just how it is im afraid, our burst is the worst in the game and even if we get a long fight we are still pretty low on pure single target fights. We do well on quests where you have to kill lots of mobs though as you can just multidot.

Yeah my gear is crappy. That's why I'm starting to get into my demon hunter, seems less gear dependent.

Shadow is, once again, terrible at anything that isn't a long single target fight where you can sit there and tunnel the boss for 60+ seconds at a time.

Except now, even our single target is meh, so we really only shine on multi-target fights.

For questing on Argus, your best bet is to just multidot as many things as you can. Spec into Misery and spam dots on everything.

Spec misery and just multi dot, self healing will keep you up

That's exactly what I do, and I don't have any survival issues, I just feel crappy when I'm like the only one under 1 million dps.

Good trinkets, set bonuses, flasks and pots make a huge difference. It's not just ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    I know it's not important, but I get jealous of SO many other classes doing more than 1 mil dps on Argus world bosses. My demonhunter alt, with only one leggo does 1.2 mil pretty often and I rarely break 700k. Sometimes I'm at 600k.

I haven't been using bender, or the typical raid build, because fights don't last that long, so tonight I ran the raid build and it wasn't much better. Is this just the plight of my SP's slow ramp up? Or can I do better? My gear score is 905 and I don't have any tier gear.

Thanks!
    Hi.

It depends on what content you want to be good at. I play my SP at a casual lvl, so I fully understand your frustration - its not a super good class for speed HC clearing and world content. DH's on the other hand are great at that, with their mobility and burst cds. SP's are however super fun (imo) and much better at cutting edge content than DH is currently - so if you plan to raid mythic, I would go SP!

DH's are flashy, but atm. they fall short after their initial 40 secs. But if thats all you need, then maybe its whats right for you!

Deleted
    Gear makes little difference when it comes to killing elites that live for a reasonably short amount of time. I have 939eq and even if we had 990eq it wouldnt change the fact all our dmg is end loaded at the 45s mark. Extra gear doesnt get you into Vform quicker or gain stacks quicker, that will always be our issue going forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, some classes can't even solo the bosses, least spriests can. Quests end pretty quickly as a spriest also so im fine with slow boss dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Meh, some classes can't even solo the bosses, least spriests can. Quests end pretty quickly as a spriest also so im fine with slow boss dmg.
    I'm too much of a chicken to even try, I'm 912 without 4p. Can I pull this off? Any tips? Ty!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm too much of a chicken to even try, I'm 912 without 4p. Can I pull this off? Any tips? Ty!!
    4pc wont make much of a difference, use a follower, the follower I use is Aelthalyste. She has a taunt which also slows the target which helps with aggro but I find that I sometimes take aggro, but if that happens, I just use Fade

Keep an eye on her health though, its ok if she dies but if you fade close to her death, you have to wait for fade to come back to drop your threat but she will most likely taunt when she respawns. The bosses don't hit hard and vampiric touch will keep you topped up. If you are starting to drop for some reason, just use vampiric embrace and you will be back to full very quickly.

Other than that, just do your rotation. Happy rare soloing!

Go Holy Spec and do more DPS than shadow for short lived fights. Doing 800+k DPS ST as holy atm.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-13 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Go Holy Spec and do more DPS than shadow for short lived fights. Doing 800+k DPS ST as holy atm.
    Holy has better ST burst, but Shadow can multidot and clear out the "kill X enemies" quests much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate Holy Nova :-)
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Don't underestimate Holy Nova :-)
    Multidot + Mind Sear > Holy Nova

at least, on things with decent amount of health

You can even throw in a Shadow Crash for more destruction

15+ Year Old Account
    Grab Aethylsate - our banshee companion - she's a tank which is amazing. You can use Fade pretty much on cooldown, which will make things attack anyone but you - including our banshee, mindbender/shadowfiend, void tendrils, other players. Mindbender's are almost immune to damage so they are fine tanks. Our banshee just respawns and runs back in when she dies, so don't be afraid to kill her every 30 seconds with Fade.

Spriests have a fair bit of self-healing innately so we're good at just surviving boss damage due to that. In addition, between Fade tricks and blowing your mana on Shadowmend (more efficient than Shield unless you are moving), you can top yourself off pretty easily.

Mind Bomb is pretty effective too (for kiting, kind of shit as a general stun)

Spriests can easily solo things that Rogues, DKs, druids etc struggle with.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-09-14 at 07:52 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Heart of the Void for questing is like a wet dream come true.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh this literally just comes to gear. Usually on these bosses I pull over a million. But the invasion bosses aren't even like a real raid boss scenario so I wouldn't worry about it too much.