Enh and Ele viable for pvp?

How viable are enh and ele for pvp, especialy RBG. Do they bring something to the groups, or is it hard to find group because they are complete garbage for rbg? I was thinking of trying out pvp and try to get good/invested in it. But i dont want to go inn with a class/spec that is not wanted. I tried that in wod once.. as enh shaman.

Changing your mind rather quickly mate.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...viable-for-pvp

literally the same text except for arms / fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Changing your mind rather quickly mate.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...viable-for-pvp

literally the same text except for arms / fury.
    How was i changing my mind? And i didnt set my mind at anything, as said " I was thinking ".. learn to read

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been active in actual challenging PvP since MoP, but I do think that both Ele and Enh have their niches in arena and RBG.
    Both can put out some pretty scary numbers during burst, have a lot of utility from totems etc. Only weakness would be survivability really.

You will find 3v3 groups, but struggle for RBG. Play a warlock or a Boomkin, they are always a staple of RBG teams.

viable as in it works .. sure .. But would you not rather play what you really enjoy? Ele for me is one of the most fun builds in WoW .. You get to be a ghost wolf, knock peeps off cliffs, you ave Lasso .. LASSO BABY 6sec stun you cast while moving as your team nukes hahah love that ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    viable as in it works .. sure .. But would you not rather play what you really enjoy? Ele for me is one of the most fun builds in WoW .. You get to be a ghost wolf, knock peeps off cliffs, you ave Lasso .. LASSO BABY 6sec stun you cast while moving as your team nukes hahah love that ..
    90% of the time he wont be able to cast anything due to some melee training him

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    90% of the time he wont be able to cast anything due to some melee training him
    He said BG right .. I play ele in BG's and while a Sub can destroy me in seconds I really enjoy the build. After getting all honor talents (Fire and Ice + Lightning Lasso) it becomes fun .. I mean crazy fun!

As long as the target is not deep in DR from stuns you can actually gain distance AND kill melee .. Lasson is a 6sec channeled stun that allows movement with a 20yrd range. Frost Shock no longer consumes resources and does 100% more damage (SPAM IT BABY) ..

Player's tend to not interrupt your fire and ice, and if they do HEAL and HEX its free now as well as pop artifact ..

I also play the talent that adds 3% every 2sec heal in ghost wolf -which can not drop below 100% speed) coupled with perma snare/AE root/AF snare/ranged stun I tend to die when I leave the pack .. pun intended ..

Fire/Frost/Natural so x3 schools

Lastly, its all about positioning ..

Elemental does fine in RBG. Definitely not on the top end of specs but playable. Same with Arena.

Enhance kinda sucks.

Deleted
    Enhance is fine with another melee. Just drop windfury totem and your cooldowns with your partner and watch that caster go down in 3 seconds.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Elemental is hilariously bad. It's so bad, that you have to be a special case of masochis to enjoy playing in a BG.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Elemental is hilariously bad. It's so bad, that you have to be a special case of masochis to enjoy playing in a BG.
    It is OK but a lot of effort, compared with other classes. The strong points: not really caring about getting school locked as you have a nice selection of spells in 3 school. Strong positioning/kiting abilities, strong opponent team disruption. OK damage and burst. The bad: you'll usually be near-dead at the end of the opening stun as your survivability is one of the worst in the game. The Ugly: you stand NO chance in world pvp.

Basically, melee can mindlessly tunnel you as their most efficient tactic with their PVE rotation. You, on the other hand, have to think and get lucky. Most of your kills will be video-worthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not going to tell you that Ele is Gods gift to pvp because it certainly is not, but as with any other caster you have to learn when to cast, when to run, control, etc. While not the best caster, with the 12 second interrupt Ele can be useful in Caster vs. Caster battle scenarios. From my experience with it, Ele is a good supportive caster so try to stay with some friends while killing the Alliance scum (not saying Ele cant be a great DPS, its just that it is better with others than as a stand alone such as a Mage).

enh decent in 2v2. got 2k rating last season. im good at rbg as well in enh. ele not so much. At the end of the day, play what your good at not what someone else is good at because if u switch your "mains" around frequently your mediocre with all classes. Also to add, just because one person says one class/spec is better than another that doesnt mean the opposing classes/specs are worse at all. just means that one person or group of people are "better" with that class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermintqute View Post
    Enhance is fine with another melee. Just drop windfury totem and your cooldowns with your partner and watch that caster go down in 3 seconds.
    lol enh/war or enh/dh combo is great. bye bye casters lol

Ele is AWESOME right now for arena and battlegrounds!!!! omggg and so much fun. Ele is even OKAY for 2v2, it's just not face roll ezpz imo