Deleted

SPriest newbie - how to 3s?

Hey guys,

Can you give me the TLDR version of following(i will appreciate it if you are some higher ranked and seasoned SPriest):

1)Mentality when playing and what lets you win? Are you more like a Warrior type, charging in and using all(forcing them defensive)or more like Rogue/Mage type and counter attacking and CC? What is the spec best for?

2)I do expect that I will get trained all day, what is the best way to handle this? Is it a combination of offensive and defensive gameplay(kiting and setting up the kill)or more like super defensive or super offensive response(such as shields up, dispersion, longroad kites or burst back with Embrace in order to steal life and not worry too much about survival)?

3)Importance of spreading DoTs compared to tunnel down a target? Are you supposed to cleave or are you supposed to sit on target?

4)Meta comps for SPriest these days(i prefer more "turbo" alike comps if its worth it)?

Anything else?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-09-11 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Hey guys,

Can you give me the TLDR version of following(i will appreciate it if you are some higher ranked and seasoned SPriest):

1)Mentality when playing and what lets you win? Are you more like a Warrior type, charging in and using all(forcing them defensive)or more like Rogue/Mage type and counter attacking and CC? What is the spec best for?

2)I do expect that I will get trained all day, what is the best way to handle this? Is it a combination of offensive and defensive gameplay(kiting and setting up the kill)or more like super defensive or super offensive response(such as shields up, dispersion, longroad kites or burst back with Embrace in order to steal life and not worry too much about survival)?

3)Importance of spreading DoTs compared to tunnel down a target? Are you supposed to cleave or are you supposed to sit on target?

4)Meta comps for SPriest these days(i prefer more "turbo" alike comps if its worth it)?

Anything else?

Thanks

1. Your win-condition is a swap, you rot things down and swap on a big cc and kill a target at 70% or lower

2. you will be trained for the whole game, adapt your play and spec to compensate. Shadowy insight is a good talent to have if you expect to get very few casts off

3. spriest is about spread pressure, you want dots on everything at all times unless you dont want to break cc. However this doesnt mean you cant burst. A mind blast>void bolt>sw is over a million damage in 3 globals while dots ticking.

4. owlplay (spriest/moonkin) godcomp, spriest+rogue are good. Shadowplay is excellent for the huge spread pressure and the gate to save your ass.

Remember that void form has no melee damage reduction, so going void when a dh is going meta on ur butt is a sure fire way to die