Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/w...ing-franchise/ (you can check the report itself as well): "Overwatch is the eighth Activision Blizzard game to generate $1 billion in revenue, according to the publisher’s fiscal Q1 2017 financial statement. And the company says it is the fastest-growing franchise ever from developer Blizzard. It now has 30 million registered players, and a significant number of those play on an active monthly basis. Overwatch’s success has also contributed to 80 percent of Activision Blizzard’s revenues coming from digital channels. That’s $1.386 billion of the publisher’s $1.726 billion total net revenues last quarter."
    While I completely agree that Overwatch is making them a ton of money I'm going to have to call shenanigans on Venture beat's declaration that it made up $1.386 billion of the $1.726 billion Activision Blizzard earned in the first quarter of 2017.

Because if you looked into the financial reports you'll see that the company as a whole earned $1.73 billion. And that King Entertainment had 342 MaU dwarfing Blizzard's 41 MaU (million active users). Assuming there's quite a bit of F2P in game purchasing going on then King's contribution should be quite a bit larger.

Now follow me to page 15 of : http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_Release.pdf

You'll see that in that quarter Blizzard made $441 million and King $474 million. No I think what we're seeing here is the article author taking the statement "Overwatch is the eighth Activision Blizzard game to generate $1 billion in revenue" and assuming they did that in the first quarter of 2017. When technically they've had since the 2nd quarter of 2016 to generate that $1 billion in revenue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    While I completely agree that Overwatch is making them a ton of money I'm going to have to call shenanigans on Venture beat's declaration that it made up $1.386 billion of the $1.726 billion Activision Blizzard earned in the first quarter of 2017.

Because if you looked into the financial reports you'll see that the company as a whole earned $1.73 billion. And that King Entertainment had 342 MaU dwarfing Blizzard's 41 MaU (million active users). Assuming there's quite a bit of F2P in game purchasing going on then King's contribution should be quite a bit larger.

Now follow me to page 15 of : http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_Release.pdf

You'll see that in that quarter Blizzard made $441 million and King $474 million. No I think what we're seeing here is the article author taking the statement "Overwatch is the eighth Activision Blizzard game to generate $1 billion in revenue" and assuming they did that in the first quarter of 2017. When technically they've had since the 2nd quarter of 2016 to generate that $1 billion in revenue.
    Indeed, seemed quite perplexed at that too - I more so wanted to highlight the 1bn in total revenues from OW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    They have been selling the goody bags to virtual ticket holders for the last 4 or 5 years for $40.
    Oh lol. Did not actually know that haha.

I feel a bit silly for being behind on the times now.
    This is only the 3rd year the Goody Bag has been available to Virtual Ticket holders.

Citation: https://www.wowhead.com/news=247140/...ptr-build-soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LD143 View Post
    You'll have one [very] soon™.
    I think you must be thinking of the digital items? Otherwise, that would be a rather surprising change from the last two bags where the only physical items the VT holders didn't get was the badge and lanyard, the printed program and some vendor pamphlets/floor games.

The digital items are part of the Virtual Ticket itself, not the Goody Bag, so you shouldn't include those.

I think the photos show everything.

when will be the goody bag avalible for buy on blizzard gear store? just buyed virtual ticket but dont got any info for the bag or discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I think you must be thinking of the digital items? Otherwise, that would be a rather surprising change from the last two bags where the only physical items the VT holders didn't get was the badge and lanyard, the printed program and some vendor pamphlets/floor games.

The digital items are part of the Virtual Ticket itself, not the Goody Bag, so you shouldn't include those.

I think the photos show everything.
    Nope. The actual physical Goodie Bag (box this year) that we will receive has more inside it than what is presented in this post. As with the past years, there's more to each bag/box than small trinkets. There's at least ONE thing missing from that video/pictures. That's all I stated. Have faith ... you'll see. ;0)

[Edit]

As life seems to have it, something that is supposed to be included wasn't in the live stream. So .. I'm not sure if it was cancelled or left as a surprise though it makes no sense why they would do that (?). If I find out why the item was missing from the livestream, I'll post it here. :0\
    Last edited by LD143; 2017-09-13 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy is just the worst at showing off a goodie bag. Made me hate the product for some reason...

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to get that bag. it suits me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    That guy is just the worst at showing off a goodie bag. Made me hate the product for some reason...
    I don't watch unboxing videos... but this guy doesn't really sound happy that he's getting this stuff... even for his "favorite" character, he had this unhappy turn at the end of every "yay!" that made it sound sarcastic.